Dynadot

Parking domains a joke

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VisionEdger

Account Closed
Impact
this has to be the ultimate scam pulled off by these companies! What a waste of time and energy. I realize domains can generate some traffic and uniques while waiting to be developed (if at all) but this has to be one of the biggest scams on the web today in this business!!

ppc fraud is a self perpetuating scenario due to the terms and conditions laid out by the parkers.

This must be one of the biggest jokes on domainers in the history of domaining.

In time we wil look back at this ludicrous methodology in domaining and wonder wtf was i doing?

whos fed up with the limited options we as domainers have in making $$ with our domains? there must be another alternative. I know of a new domain stock exchange where they will sell shares of youre domains.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Agent-007 said:
Domain parking companies aren't perfect by far, but find one that allows PPC traffic and you should make a 2-3x spread on your ad cost. :)
Which ones are they that allow PPC traffic, rather than just typed-ins? Or did I misunderstand you?

•••
•••
johnny6 said:
Finally some honesty. Appreciated. These posts by people who have been domaining for three months and are making "$25k a month" are hilarious.

But anyways, good luck parking, etc.

Johnny. I know Agent-007 and We work with the same company and yes he DOES make over $25k per month. I'm only small fry my last months take down was just about $17k. It is quite possible to do. It does take quite a bit of work but it's quite possible to do.

•••
proof

selltrib said:
Johnny. I know Agent-007 and We work with the same company and yes he DOES make over $25k per month. I'm only small fry my last months take down was just about $17k. It is quite possible to do. It does take quite a bit of work but it's quite possible to do.

what a load of bunk ( to be pc).

•••
selltrib said:

My question then is...What is limiting you to 17K a month? Is it the required time to make the money? Is it the quality of domains? Is the niche you are using limited?

If it is the required time then I can help with that. I am very interested in how you are making this amount of money and if it is time or manpower that you need more of in order to make this type of profit you can send me a PM and I will gladly do a 50-50 split with you. I am willing to work if you will show me what I have to do.

•••
selltrib said:

Sounds like arbitrage to me, unless you bought into typo traffic names for $1000's of dollars. :$: :$:

•••
I haven't read all posts but for me parking is serious BIZ....No joke here

I expect to break $300,000 profit next year parking my names..

Buy some good names and come se me.

VisionEdger said:
this has to be the ultimate scam pulled off by these companies! What a waste of time and energy. I realize domains can generate some traffic and uniques while waiting to be developed (if at all) but this has to be one of the biggest scams on the web today in this business!!

ppc fraud is a self perpetuating scenario due to the terms and conditions laid out by the parkers.

This must be one of the biggest jokes on domainers in the history of domaining.

In time we wil look back at this ludicrous methodology in domaining and wonder wtf was i doing?

whos fed up with the limited options we as domainers have in making $$ with our domains? there must be another alternative. I know of a new domain stock exchange where they will sell shares of youre domains.

Last edited:
•••
DnPresident said:
I haven't read all posts but for me parking is seriuoe BIZ....No joke here

I expect to break $300,000 profit next year parking my names..

Buy some good names and come se me.

Thank you. Sheese. Some people just don't seem to understand that you can make some serious money by doing this.. I'm by no means an expert I've only been doing this for 3 months and as for the company I work though I am not allowed to Disclose that on public message boards. It's apart of there TOS.

Yes I am doing PPC. Adwords->YPN to do it. I have a total of 26 domains and I am making about $600-$900 a day.

geb9696 said:
My question then is...What is limiting you to 17K a month? Is it the required time to make the money? Is it the quality of domains? Is the niche you are using limited?

If it is the required time then I can help with that. I am very interested in how you are making this amount of money and if it is time or manpower that you need more of in order to make this type of profit you can send me a PM and I will gladly do a 50-50 split with you. I am willing to work if you will show me what I have to do.

It's nothing to do with time. I'm my ability to afford the capital to make more money. I am driving traffic to YPN from Goggle. Last month i spent $9k to make 17k. This month I'm set to spend $15k to make about $25k-$35k. I also haven't optimized my campaigns through to really bring my AdWords bill down. Which is what I will be doing over the next week. I am also going to be bringing in another 20+ domains into my portfolio

At the start I simply didn't have the ability to afford $300 a day on adwords, Now I am spending upwards $500 a day on adwords. Yes I am doubling my money which is fantastic but to come up with the money in the first place is my limiting factor and then having to wait the net 30 days to get paid. So for my first 3-4 months I've expected to go slow until I've build up my capital.

Last edited:
•••
selltrib said:
Thank you. Sheese. Some people just don't seem to understand that you can make some serious money by doing this.. I'm by no means an expert I've only been doing this for 3 months and as for the company I work though I am not allowed to Disclose that on public message boards. It's apart of there TOS.

Yes I am doing PPC. Adwords->YPN to do it. I have a total of 26 domains and I am making about $600-$900 a day.

It's nothing to do with time. I'm my ability to afford the capital to make more money. I am driving traffic to YPN from Goggle. Last month i spent $9k to make 17k. This month I'm set to spend $15k to make about $25k-$35k. I also haven't optimized my campaigns through to really bring my AdWords bill down. Which is what I will be doing over the next week. I am also going to be bringing in another 20+ domains into my portfolio

At the start I simply didn't have the ability to afford $300 a day on adwords, Now I am spending upwards $500 a day on adwords. Yes I am doubling my money which is fantastic but to come up with the money in the first place is my limiting factor and then having to wait the net 30 days to get paid. So for my first 3-4 months I've expected to go slow until I've build up my capital.

Very informative to say the least. Thank you for the response and I am now starting to realize that a spread deffinately exists if you know how to play the adwords to yahoo feeds. Very interesting indeed.

•••
geb9696 said:
My question then is...What is limiting you to 17K a month? .

Exactly! If kdkkjd.com is making you $1,000 per month buy kdkkjd.net and roll on... :yell:

•••
geb9696 said:
Very informative to say the least. Thank you for the response and I am now starting to realize that a spread deffinately exists if you know how to play the adwords to yahoo feeds. Very interesting indeed.

There is money to be made. It's just a question of working out what nichie to target. So research research research is the key. as well as Agents-007 fav saying to me which is 'test everything'. You really never know what works and what doesn't work.

I was like most of you quite sceptical about the whole business and i was quite pissy with Agent-007 when he told me how much he is making per month at the start because I work quite hard at my 9-5 job and do get a very decent salary and he was blowing the money i make from working on a passive income. However once the money hits YOUR bank account you realise that your not just playing with monopoly money.

Last edited:
•••
selltrib,
Thank you for sharing.
I completely believe you on the google to yahoo money making as I have seen first hand just how much can be made from other people. My main problem is that I have always been more toward developing the names that I have but given the amounts of money I am seeing being made I may have to switch what I am doing.

•••
DnPresident said:
Exactly! If kdkkjd.com is making you $1,000 per month buy kdkkjd.net and roll on... :yell:

Google & double serving is one of the limiting factors. Yes, you could have multiple accounts not managed under a single MCC, but the risk is just not worth it. It's very plain to see that most on peeps on this thread just don't "get it". Laugh all you like at some of the figures quoted here. More money for me I say.

As long as we're allowed to drive targeted quality traffic to parked domains and the advertisers are happy with the results, then we'll continue to make large dollops of cash.

I don't give a flying fig about the definition of what is a parked domain, what is acceptable traffic etc. All the advertiser cares about is conversions & ROI. If I can keep them happy, then it's a win win situation.

Full marks to Donny & the other unnamed provider. They're not living in the internet stones ages under some misguided definition of what is right & what is wrong when it comes to domain parking.

These are my opinions only.

•••
geb9696 said:
selltrib,
Thank you for sharing.
I completely believe you on the google to yahoo money making as I have seen first hand just how much can be made from other people. My main problem is that I have always been more toward developing the names that I have but given the amounts of money I am seeing being made I may have to switch what I am doing.

I know what you mean about developing your sites up. I have 4 different things I am working on at the moment. Adverting products on clickbank, which is making about $30-$60 a day. an Adult site, which is so so. not doing as well as I hope but I'm doing nothing to promote it. Blog site about product reviews with links to affiliates or ebay. only just starting up and of course my Domain Parking which is blowing everything away.

•••
Sure, I know many are making great money parking.

What I am asking is do you like it that the parking provider only has to mention, " we pay 50 %, or we pay 75%, or more recently we pay 100%. Whatever is said we have no idea if it is true. Are you really recieving what the parking company says?.

How many domainers would support a parking company that showed the actual price paid from the ad stream provider to our accounts for each and every click? What I am saying is if this was the case, the parking company that paid closest to that price revealed from the up stream provider would surely be the place to park.

What's so wrong with competition?

•••
goodkarmaco said:

What I am asking is do you like it that the parking provider only has to mention, " we pay 50 %, or we pay 75%, or more recently we pay 100%. Whatever is said we have no idea if it is true. Are you really recieving what the parking company says?.

How many domainers would support a parking company that showed the actual price paid from the ad stream provider to our accounts for each and every click? What I am saying is if this was the case, the parking company that paid closest to that price revealed from the up stream provider would surely be the place to park.

From what I have read that is not the way that the parking companies are paid. I forget where I read but I believe that the parking companies get a set amount of money and based off of that they have to guess how many clicks you recieved. I remember reading it and I thought it was extremely sketchy. I think it was somewhere is the define legit traffic thread that I posted earlier. From my experiance Google and Yahoo have really cut back on payment per click over the past month based on smart pricing. That is not to say that one is committing click fraud but if your viewers who click dont end up buying or signing up for the services the ads provide you will get hit on your pay per click. Seems somewhat harsh to me but if you are running an advertising campaign I can see why you would like it.

•••
Ive stopped working on finding domains for parking. Ive decided its better to get into affiliate advertising. In two months I made $150 from parking, and in 2 weeks ive made $200 from affiliate sales/leads. Needless to say I wont be going back to parking but ill keep what sites I have parked.

•••
?

Avo19 said:
Google & double serving is one of the limiting factors. Yes, you could have multiple accounts not managed under a single MCC, but the risk is just not worth it. It's very plain to see that most on peeps on this thread just don't "get it". Laugh all you like at some of the figures quoted here. More money for me I say.

As long as we're allowed to drive targeted quality traffic to parked domains and the advertisers are happy with the results, then we'll continue to make large dollops of cash.

I don't give a flying fig about the definition of what is a parked domain, what is acceptable traffic etc. All the advertiser cares about is conversions & ROI. If I can keep them happy, then it's a win win situation.

Full marks to Donny & the other unnamed provider. They're not living in the internet stones ages under some misguided definition of what is right & what is wrong when it comes to domain parking.

These are my opinions only.

you are saying then blackhat seo is the only way to make that kind of $$$$ parking names??

as well how do you drive traffic to parked names and how is it you avoid the scrutiny of being subindexed into google hell?

who is donny?

grwolz said:
Ive stopped working on finding domains for parking. Ive decided its better to get into affiliate advertising. In two months I made $150 from parking, and in 2 weeks ive made $200 from affiliate sales/leads. Needless to say I wont be going back to parking but ill keep what sites I have parked.

dont you need a website developed for affiliate programs? how can you use a parked page with an affiliate program? pls explain

•••
I've only been doing this for 3 months and as for the company I work though I am not allowed to Disclose that on public message boards. It's apart of there TOS.
Quite interesting...in three months you've gone from a total newbie with limited funds, to spending $500 per day, and making $17,000 per month. Is that $17k profit...above the approx $15,000 spent each month? If so, that's astonishing.

I'm very curious about the company and TOS that won't let you post on forums, but guess I'll have to stay that way, as you can't post about it on forums.

Do all of you "new members" in this thread know each other?

•••
goodkarmaco said:

A few more points:

I think, without checking, that Parked.com does advertise the revenue share paid, but Im sure Donny can confirm or deny this.

Announcing the revenue share paid is an impossible task: So the parking company shows the gross PPC value... The next question will be, "how do we know whats being reported is true?.." .. Doing this for the general domainer, is a pointless and thankless task. However, every major domainer I know (ones with lots of domains and natural traffic) negotiates the rev share and has a personal relationship and stays put with their company of choice. Trust never an issue. Sedo is a $100m business and im told 10% of their domainers make up 90% of the revenue. You can be sure these "top" 10%'ers know what they get.

Another thing, make no bones about it, parking companies would love to be able to allow arbritrage. But, as ever, its all dependant upon the moving feast that is dealing with the root providers. Currently (and dependant on contract) Google disallow it and yahoo allow it.. So, if arbrtrage is your thing (and good money can still be earned) park with a yahoo fed company. I believe google publisher accounts also allow arbritrage to your own sites. Someone before was correct in saying "research research research" is the key.. The key to arbritrage is also not "whats the highest paying adsense keywords" its about niche.

Furthermore, 'having a direct adsense account cuts out the middle man (parking co) and I earn more..' Incorrect. Regardless of parking company you use, all pay you a greater % of the root ad revenue than a direct Google adsense deal. The reason it doesnt stack up when receiving 1 cent clicks is because of smartpricing (google) and panama (Yahoo) affecting the ads that are served to your parked domains via the parking company. The good news is; the situation is improving. Not only are parking companies becoming stricter with regard who they have as customers but the root providers are now keeping tabs on domainers with a view to weed out all the morons and thus raising the income for all the good folk. Check it out for yourself, goto one of your domains and look at the URLs of the ads.. For banking domains, are they [enter bank name here].com or are they [obscure sub domain].[strange sounding root domain].[remote ccTLD]... :)

•••
VisionEdger said:
you are saying then blackhat seo is the only way to make that kind of $$$$ parking names??
as well how do you drive traffic to parked names and how is it you avoid the scrutiny of being subindexed into google hell?
who is donny?

dont you need a website developed for affiliate programs? how can you use a parked page with an affiliate program? pls explain

BH SEO? Who mentioned anything about BH or SEO for that matter? This is pure tier one PPC driven traffic.

verbster said:
Quite interesting...in three months you've gone from a total newbie with limited funds, to spending $500 per day, and making $17,000 per month. Is that $17k profit...above the approx $15,000 spent each month? If so, that's astonishing.
I'm very curious about the company and TOS that won't let you post on forums, but guess I'll have to stay that way, as you can't post about it on forums.
Do all of you "new members" in this thread know each other?

I'm not exactly spanking new, I usually just hold my tongue as I get frustrated with threads like these. So much mis-information & negativity. Making money on the net is so damn easy, whether arbi, affiliate marketing, CPA etc. Just that most people make it way harder than it is. I know, I did for 2 years until the proverbial light bulb went off.

First thing to do is ditch this idea of black, gray & white hat traffic generation. I nearly fall off the chair every time I see someone say in regards to certain methods, isn't that "breaking the law"? Since when did Yahoo, Google or MSN make the "law"? They might not like paid links, portals etc etc but who gives a fish? I don't. And my bank account balance thanks me for that.

Badger said:
<snip> The key to arbritrage is also not "whats the highest paying adsense keywords" its about niche.

And ain't that the truth. All my $1000 days, whether Google or Yahoo came from niches that pay cents, not dollars.

Last edited:
•••
I am not talking about a traffic partner stating they pay so much percentage to the domain owner.

I am talking about a new concept. The parking company actually showing the same stats they recieve.

In other words now they say we pay 50% or whatever. Do you believe them?

How about a parking company showing us each and every click paid the actual monies received to the parking partner for our clicks.

Then we would know for sure what parking company pays the most. The way it is now is like Afternic saying "we pay the most for parking" lol. A newbie may believe these kinds of statements, but any domainer who has been around for a while knows differently.

Parking transparency is not a reality today. The company who does this first will win in the parking game.

Last edited:
•••
geb9696 said:
I believe that the parking companies get a set amount of money and based off of that they have to guess how many clicks you recieved.
The parking companies know exactly how many clicks you received. Have a look at the URLs on a parked page ... not the pretty version printed underneath, but the actual link ... it's straight back to your domain name. If they use Javascript to mask it, right click & copy the link to a plain text editor like Kate or Notepad.

It's possible that the feed provider doesn't tell them how much each click is worth, but I find that a little hard to believe as it would make it incredibly difficult for them to stay in business.

I know that there's a delay before they are told what clicks are worth & the different parking companies deal with this in different ways:
  • No stats available at all for 48 hours (e.g. Bodis)
  • Give a high "estimate" that nearly always gets reduced (e.g. Trafficz)
  • Give a low estimate that nearly always goes up (e.g. NameDrive)
I guess it's just personal preference, but I do prefer NameDrive's solution. Trafficz always disappoints when the real numbers come in & when I want to tune a site, the delay on Bodis just frustrates the patience out of me.

•••
goodkarmaco said:
I am not talking about a traffic partner stating they pay so much percentage to the domain owner.

I am talking about a new concept. The parking company actually showing the same stats they recieve.

In other words now they say we pay 50% or whatever. Do you believe them?

How about a parking company showing us each and every click paid the actual monies received to the parking partner for our clicks.

Then we would know for sure what parking company pays the most. The way it is now is like Afternic saying "we pay the most for parking" lol. A newbie may believe these kinds of statements, but any domainer who has been around for a while knows differently.

Parking transparency is not a reality today. The company who does this first will win in the parking game.

Well, theres a simple answer to this, the parking company dont know themselves what each click to each domain earns. They cant even tell you how many bonafide clicks your domain had...

For Google fed parking co's this is because of two reasons; 1 these stats are not reported; parking companies have to rely on their own stats software to guess the clicks and then equate the per click values based on that... So, basically a guess. 2 Of course you are not going to learn which domains get which click amounts.. As soon as this happened the boards would be instantly littered with "I just got $X for my site at [parking company] with this keyword".. And then what do you think would happen?

And another thing, I know Trafficz and one other are looking at being more transparent with regards reporting, and we at iMODO have a unique rev share program coming out (when we finally do "come out" (if you excuse the gay connotations)), but why should the parking companies be obliged to tell you..? Its like going into the BMW garage and saying "yeah, i like the new M5 but tell me dealership, what did you pay for that car from BMW?"... Domainers dont have the relationship with the root feed providers, you have the relationship with the parking company. If you dont like the service etc then you know what to do.. I knowing quite a few of the parking company execs and I have to say that most are left scratching their heads when domainers complain of skimming and short changing..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back