NameSilo

Parking and Taxes

Located in Domain Parking and Traffic Monetization, started by Jak Blak, Sep 3, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. Jak Blak

Jak Blak Established Member

I have no sales, but I am making a couple thousand on parking - maybe a bit more than my net pay for one month at work. Live in the US. What is the legal / legitimate way to report what I make parking and pay my fair share of taxes? Also can I deduct my purchases from this year? Renewals before I report? Last year I asked my parking company for a 1099, but that doesn’t allow me to subtract purchase / renewals. It just says I earned X. I may have overpaid in taxes because there was no recognition of what I paid for my donains. I want to do the right thing and not get into any trouble. I would also like to be able to keep some of my parking profits.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. thegeekguy

thegeekguy Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Jak Blak is this gross 2k to 3k every month?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  3. Jak Blak

No, no. Maybe 3000-4000 for the year, if none of my better domains die. I feel like I need to report that to the IRS somehow, and I’m looking for advice on what other parkers do.

4. biggie

biggie GreenFriendly.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hi

expenses from domains, can be deducted from income earned on/from them.

also, you may have to pay some "Self- Employment" taxes

best advice, if you have job and do domaining as a hustle, then it's best to ask your employer to deduct extra tax from your paycheck, to help cover any tax due the next year.

imo....

5. Jak Blak

6. lindamurcelo

lindamurcelo New Member

New
    No, no. Maybe 3000-4000 for the year, if none of my better domains die. I feel like I need to report that to the IRS somehow, and I’m looking for advice on what other parkers do.

7. mohsinkhan656744

mohsinkhan656744 Restricted (15-30%) Gold Account

Friend, Which domain parking service are you using?

8. Jak Blak

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice