Dynadot

Parked.com immediate/substantial drop in income

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have been with parked.com for about 3 years or so and have been mostly happy with my results during that time. They recently did a feed provider shift (or something) and my income has plummeted instantly by about 90%. I am making less than ten percent of what I have been before the change.

I have asked my rep about it and he seems to be very non-committal about it...like no big deal.

I can't be the only one with this instant loss of income problem.

If you have the same problem, please tell me about it here and what you are doing about it. I feel like I can't afford to park with them any more and am starting to look for alternatives.

Suggestions friends?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i am down a lot myself ( income wise ) i am starting to look for alternatives and so should you !

•••
I have been with parked.com for about 3 years or so and have been mostly happy with my results during that time. They recently did a feed provider shift (or something) and my income has plummeted instantly by about 90%. I am making less than ten percent of what I have been before the change.

I have asked my rep about it and he seems to be very non-committal about it...like no big deal.

If you have the same problem, please tell me about it here and what you are doing about it. I feel like I can't afford to park with them any more and am starting to look for alternatives.

Suggestions friends?

Thanks!

I completely agree with you! Something not very good for us domainers is going on in Parked.I have also been with parked for 2or 3 years and my CTR has tanked and i get alot fewer clicks in comparison to the names i've added. My portfolio went from having 70-100 names to 200-300 names and the number of clicks i get isn't proportional to the traffic and # of domains IMO. I suggest you use above.com and triage your domains between sedo,parked and namedrive. i highly recommend namedrive because their pages just do better IMO, but since i am a domain investor and not really a developer, i will take my limited parking options for now..

•••
thanks kemkika11. can you show me a couple of your namedrive domain sites please? thanks:)

•••
•••
I have seen a big drop in visitors yesterday and today, and zero CTR as a result.

Did some changes occur recently?

•••
thanks kemkika11. can you show me a couple of your namedrive domain sites please? thanks:)

Yes- examples are respirators.in, runner.in,wcd.in

I have seen a big drop in visitors yesterday and today, and zero CTR as a result.

Did some changes occur recently?

I feel something funky is going on ,but Parked's representatives have been saying there's no real change in anything.They don't convert half as well as they used to IMO.

•••
One of my dot domain was consistently making $0.30+ every day for a least 10 days straight but it tapered off to $0.00 with 1 or 2 clicks per day. Hopefully our revenues will go up again soon.

•••
So I guess it's better to hear from the man himself. Wolfis, I wonder where you been posting. :)

I love this quote, "I feel something funky is going on". Well, I agree with you on that one, there definitely is some funky stuff going on. Let me see if I can give you a summary of what I know.

Yahoo gave their advertisers to Bing, and the problems started. No official TQ scores, but I think Bing has already implemented them, just nobody has them. Yahoo doesn't know what Bing is doing, but Bing knows what they are doing. Reporting works correctly if it's a full moon and it's the third Saturday of the month. The time changed from PST to UTC, so a new day now starts at 4pm PST. Broad match is your friend they claim. Some advertisers still haven't migrated over to Bing yet, I expect it to take another 3-6 months for all of them to be moved over.

Reporting is always fun, I have seen days where we were paid for more clicks than we even sent to Yahoo/Bing, but the day before they paid us for a lot less clicks. Sometimes I feel like they have somebody who is manually finalizing the numbers whenever they feel like it.

Overall RPC is higher, and CTR is getting there. Our overall numbers the past two weeks have been higher than before the migration, and I don't think we are where we need to be yet. There are definitely still issues that we find everyday.

Adult domains aren't doing as well as they were with Yahoo, because Bing has a 5 cents per click minimum for adult terms. Where Yahoo had a 1 cent minimum. So some of the adult domains are a lot more generic that before. But we have been seeing a lot more coverage being added everyday, which is why in many cases Bing doesn't like us because we store so much historical information about everything.

We have seen one click come in for $22.00 for one domain and then tomorrow the same click to the same advertiser come in at $0.05. We ask and don't ever get a real answer that anybody would believe.

Most people still don't realize that Canada is now it's own country in Bing's world and pays about 25% of what it was paying before.

Are things better than when we had Yahoo, not yet. But they are getting there. I originally said it would take us about 30 days to figure out how Bing handles things and tomorrow is the 30th day. Do we understand everything, no, but I promise you that I know more about how the new system works than anybody else. In most cases better than Yahoo does.

Donny

•••
Welcome back Donny. We missed you :) I guess the smart thing to do would have moved away from Yahoo feed for 30-60 days to let things get ironed out. But by doing that, you don't learn anything. I confirm my average RPC has been higher under Bing. And I believe this..
Donny said:
Do we understand everything, no, but I promise you that I know more about how the new system works than anybody else. In most cases better than Yahoo does.

•••
Adding myself to this chorus :( Income collapsed here too.

•••
I'm adding myself to this list as well at this point. Bing sucks!

Donny

•••
•••
It's been years with Parked.com, yes it is dipping.

•••
If it's dropping since September 19th I bet it's due to Chinese traffic leaving.

A lot of our income is from China. Also parked.com put single landing page for countries like China. So while the pay is only 1 cents per click, chinese traffic do give substantial income.

•••
If things don't improve soon, is Parked.com willing to walk away from yahoo/bing?

•••
We have contracts with Yahoo/Bing, but if things are not where we want them when it comes time to renegiotate then sure we will consider all options.

Donny

•••
Donny - Is there any way to remove the search box on our landers?

When you get several "searches" but no clicks, you earn nothing.

So, if the search box option was not there, perhaps the clicks might increase??

Ultimately, the #1 problem with parking is reliance on Google and Bing. If that doesn't change pretty soon ...I think the die is cast. No easy answers.

•••
Is there any way to remove the search box on our landers?

I am sure the answer to that will be no

You want people to search. Especially on a 2 click landing page lol

•••
I wanted to add that things have returned to normal for me. My revenue was horrible throughout the move to Bing, but during the last week it has returned to where it should be for this holiday season.

It's hard to lose faith in Parked. There have been a couple of times where I thought I would have to switch back to DS or Sedo, but Parked always seems to correct the issue, and things return to normal.

•••

Suggestions friends?

Thanks!

Hi,
I'm looking for an updated reference... any good domain parking company I should work with?

•••
Back