IT.COM

domains Pallet switches from Pallet.xyz to Pallet.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Courtesy of @James Iles at @DomainNameWire:

(...)

That rebrand naturally came with a domain change. It acquired Pallet.xyz for just $4,888 from Swetha Yenugula in March 2021, according to NameBio.

The rebrand and Pallet.xyz purchase came months after Pallet raised $1 million in pre-seed funding. With an additional $3.9 million in seed funding raised in December 2021, Pallet again opted to upgrade its domain.
(...)

https://domainnamewire.com/2022/03/01/pallet-switches-from-pallet-xyz-to-pallet-com/

People keep making the argument that there are no good .COMs out there, but the sales keep coming in thick and fast. A great upgrade imho from a mediocre .XYZ to KING!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The article says that Pallet was already doing well according to the twitterverse at least. So I wonder why they felt the need to change? I'm of the attitude that I don't want to start a brand unless I've got the .com before I begin, but if I had developed on a non com and it began taking off, I am wondering why I would want to change.

I can see if pallet.com was offered at a great price. I'd want to snag it so if my company went belly up, I could sell the 1-word .com for a nice profit later down the road. Perhaps even use it for collateral on a loan.

•••
I think this is a good upgrade! If we go by what @scithe mentioned, I think it makes much more sense to acquire the .COM. That's what Fiverr did with Fiver and a lot of other companies do with their .COM. They retain the brand and forward the .COM to the new extension.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back