Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

mohsinali786

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Please appraise
Painful.love
I plan to build this name for long term .. Do you like this name ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Beautiful name (makes excellent sense) + and picked up with standard renewal for .love = very good :)
This can sell for 2-5k in 2017 when a serious end user approaches, and for more in years to come.
If you build it and refuse low ball offers in the process, you will be able extract most money from it.

•••
Beautiful name (makes excellent sense) + and picked up with standard renewal for .love = very good :)
This can sell for 2-5k in 2017 when a serious end user approaches, and for more in years to come.
If you build it and refuse low ball offers in the process, you will be able extract most money from it.
Got this name for standard renewal of 9.99$ at porkbun , Should i renew this domain for 3 more years at price of 9.9$ ? I am afraid they will put this name is premium renewal one day ..

•••

Do you think he could outbound this one or just have to wait for a inbound?

•••
Please appraise
Painful.love
I plan to build this name for long term .. Do you like this name ?

If you build it out, who knows. And then is this more adult/sex type site or regular love?

Strictly as a domain, really don't see any value at all.

Looks like it's been out over 2 years - https://namestat.org/love

18,454 regs. No reported sales using Namebio and DnPrices

Last edited:
•••
I disagree with reported sales.....there's alot of private sales, not to mention it doesn't always mean the name or ext is bad, maybe just really rare. Certainly it means there hasn't been much sales or any going on, but that might just be because there is alot of sellers holding the rare property not listing yet.

•••
I disagree with reported sales.....there's alot of private sales, not to mention it doesn't always mean the name or ext is bad, maybe just really rare. Certainly it means there hasn't been much sales or any going on, but that might just be because there is alot of sellers holding the rare property not listing yet.

There should be something after 2 years. I don't think I've even seen anything on that in the reported sales thread here. If you started a thread here on it, doubt anybody would be posting up sales either. Looks like a dud, strictly as a domain investment.

As a comparison, .club has 372 reported sales. If sales were happening, you would expect something. No reported sales, low regs, no good signs whatsoever that this is a good investment.

•••
Perhaps in this tld, I do think a stronger tld though what I said does happen.

•••
If you build it out, who knows. And then is this more adult/sex type site or regular love?

Strictly as a domain, really don't see any value at all.

Looks like it's been out over 2 years - https://namestat.org/love

18,454 regs. No reported sales using Namebio and DnPrices
I plan to build my site on it , daily 1-2 painful love quotes/sms/wallpapers etc can make it popular one after 2-3 years ... With normal renewal of 9$ this domain will work imo ... Thanks for your appraisal and comments..

•••
Best viral name .. I like name because it is making sense for heartbroken lovers ..

•••
•••
Got this name for standard renewal of 9.99$ at porkbun , Should i renew this domain for 3 more years at price of 9.9$ ? I am afraid they will put this name is premium renewal one day ..
hi mate,

it is like this (to my best knowledge) - when you have secured your name for standard renewal, there is no mechanism there which allows "they will put a name for premium renewal one day". They can do it, ONLY after you drop the name. The fact some registries did this in past is true, but they justified that by "technical problems" - so it can happen, but realistically it was only very small fraction of % of all registrations, it was very much publicized then everywhere, and did a lot of bad publicity to related registries. So I do not think the name can come from "standard" renewal to "premium" renewal if you do not drop it.

But - it is always a good idea to extend your name several years in advance, mainly in case you have a particularly good name, and you believe it is worth it. I have all my best names extended until 2021-2026 already. But do it in a clever way - wait for a good promotion - it is often the case that registries offer a promotion during the year, and not only transfers but sometimes for renewals too. If the promotion is particularly good, you can renew for few years and save a lot of money. Some promotions have been very good so far - the names which are usually for USD 30/year, I was able to renew for years in advance just for USD 5/year.

As for painful.love, I would not even wait too much for promotion - 9.9$ is not much, and 3 years will cost you USD 30 - you will definitely make a profit with this name - I believe it can sell very nicely.

•••
Do you think he could outbound this one or just have to wait for a inbound?
For this one, if he can develop, he should develop and wait - holding costs are very low, and name is very good - I would, therefore, wait for inbound in this case :)

•••
hi mate,

it is like this (to my best knowledge) - when you have secured your name for standard renewal, there is no mechanism there which allows "they will put a name for premium renewal one day". They can do it, ONLY after you drop the name. The fact some registries did this in past is true, but they justified that by "technical problems" - so it can happen, but realistically it was only very small fraction of % of all registrations, it was very much publicized then everywhere, and did a lot of bad publicity to related registries. So I do not think the name can come from "standard" renewal to "premium" renewal if you do not drop it.

But - it is always a good idea to extend your name several years in advance, mainly in case you have a particularly good name, and you believe it is worth it. I have all my best names extended until 2021-2026 already. But do it in a clever way - wait for a good promotion - it is often the case that registries offer a promotion during the year, and not only transfers but sometimes for renewals too. If the promotion is particularly good, you can renew for few years and save a lot of money. Some promotions have been very good so far - the names which are usually for USD 30/year, I was able to renew for years in advance just for USD 5/year.

As for painful.love, I would not even wait too much for promotion - 9.9$ is not much, and 3 years will cost you USD 30 - you will definitely make a profit with this name - I believe it can sell very nicely.
Thanks for detailed answer and help , I will try to hold this name with me for long ..

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back