IT.COM

advice Own popular Tennis Player name, but the next!

NameSilo
Watch

sellbourne

Established Member
Impact
I have popular tennis player .com domain,what should I do?
I just curious to keep or let it expire or the rougharket price if I keep?
Please open my mind on that!
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You'd potentially be subject to a UDRP ruling (considering you're looking to profit of their name). I am no lawyer, but you're in dicey territory. IMO

Last edited:
•••
What about the sale of mariasharapova.com?

•••
What about the sale of mariasharapova.com?
Unless that buyer really is a "Maria Sharapova" (the landscape gardener based in Arizona, and not the tennis player), it depends. If that buyer is hoping to make money off the better known Maria Sharapova (the professional tennis player)...well good luck with that

Intentions matters. You're looking to profit from the name of a tennis player. Hence, I'd be wary about what you're doing

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the clear my mind:)Maybe if I contact with them,you reckon is it a good idea?

•••
Thanks for the clear my mind:)Maybe if I contact with them,you reckon is it a good idea?
No. You're opening yourself up to potential UDRP

Last edited:
•••
Then I will be waiting for the name gets expired 😕

•••
if the traffic to the name is good . park it

•••
Traffic not perfect,but will be getting higher later on hopefully!

•••
Traffic not perfect,but will be getting higher later on hopefully!

If u r confident on the traffic , just keep it ..

In order to file a UDRP complaint with a UDRP provider, the costs often start around US$1,000 to $2,000

so keep a buy now for 500$ or so .. so its always a good choice for buyer to buy it rather than to go for udrp

but make sure the domain name is not used in "bad faith" just to be on a good note always

good luck

•••
If u r confident on the traffic , just keep it ..

In order to file a UDRP complaint with a UDRP provider, the costs often start around US$1,000 to $2,000

so keep a buy now for 500$ or so .. so its always a good choice for buyer to buy it rather than to go for udrp

but make sure the domain name is not used in "bad faith" just to be on a good note always

good luck
Thanks 👍

•••
Depends on the enquiries you're getting. If it's good, probably you can just park it.

•••
•••
Back