Dynadot

strategy Ovid*** sold

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bonsu

Top Member
Impact
So I decided to stop buying domains for now since I am still learning and currently have close to 50 domains currently. So all I do is just visit namepros and a Nigerian domain forum just to read, read and read... On Sunday while reading and checking expired domains I saw 4 names that just dropped for handreg but I wasn't still too sure about it since I'm still a newbie but in less than 5 minutes late hen I refreshed it.. They were app gone :wideyed:. I was shocked and disappointed that I am underestimating myself. So the next set of names dropped in expireddomains.net and I saw a name that sounded nice Ovid///consulting/////king
I googled just Ovid and I saw companies using it just from the first page.. I didn't even think about it, I bought it. So I spent 2 hours searching for the right endusers and I could get just 11 companies email addresses (CEO, cfo, info@...), I set up an auction/bin on @namesilo composed an email and sent it out.
It was on a Sunday had to sleep as it was close to midnight here in Nigeria and after 8 minutes I got a mail from one of the companies..
"I'm interested, but you'll need to explain the bidding processes further. I take it this is a silent auction? How many bids are you expecting?"
I jumped out of bed:xf.grin:, told him I sent the mail to 11 companies and he said he would talk to his team and get back to me in the morning......Sent him a mail asking if they want to make me an offer and he said what offers have I received.. I told him $200-350 so they offered $449 and I countered with $600-995(bin).
They got angry that my valuation was too high and so they reduced theirs to $350. From the lessons from my past mistake when buyer gets angry and then they don't respond anymore.
So I told them let's do it for that amount and so I set up the BIN and sent series of follow up mails but for 3 days no response. I got angry and changed the BIN to $579. Just last night he sent a mail that the independence has made work slow. That he visited the page and the price was different. So I changed it back and sent a mail and he bought it.
Ovid*consulting*king
Purchase date: 1/7/2018
Purchase price $6.99
Registrar:Namesilo
Sale date: 7/7/2018
Sale price: $350
Marketplace: Undeveloped

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
So I decided to stop buying domains for now since I am still learning and currently have close to 50 domains currently. So all I do is just visit namepros and a Nigerian domain forum just to read, read and read... On Sunday while reading and checking expired domains I saw 4 names that just dropped for handreg but I wasn't still too sure about it since I'm still a newbie but in less than 5 minutes late hen I refreshed it.. They were app gone :wideyed:. I was shocked and disappointed that I am underestimating myself. So the next set of names dropped in expireddomains.net and I saw a name that sounded nice Ovid///consulting/////king
I googled just Ovid and I saw companies using it just from the first page.. I didn't even think about it, I bought it. So I spent 2 hours searching for the right endusers and I could get just 11 companies email addresses (CEO, cfo, info@...), I set up an auction/bin on @namesilo composed an email and sent it out.
It was on a Sunday had to sleep as it was close to midnight here in Nigeria and after 8 minutes I got a mail from one of the companies..
"I'm interested, but you'll need to explain the bidding processes further. I take it this is a silent auction? How many bids are you expecting?"
I jumped out of bed:xf.grin:, told him I sent the mail to 11 companies and he said he would talk to his team and get back to me in the morning......Sent him a mail asking if they want to make me an offer and he said what offers have I received.. I told him $200-350 so they offered $449 and I countered with $600-995(bin).
They got angry that my valuation was too high and so they reduced theirs to $350. From the lessons from my past mistake when buyer gets angry and then they don't respond anymore.
So I told them let's do it for that amount and so I set up the BIN and sent series of follow up mails but for 3 days no response. I got angry and changed the BIN to $579. Just last night he sent a mail that the independence has made work slow. That he visited the page and the price was different. So I changed it back and sent a mail and he bought it.
Ovid*consulting*king
Purchase price $6.99

Sent outbound mails with custom email or a service like Gmail?

•••
You have done very well for a newbie, I actually very much enjoyed reading your post. Now I could go off and give you all kinds of advice but I think you have shown both patience and restraint, both of which are required in this field. So I don't think you need me to chime in on any of the advice bit.

I do have one tiny bit of advice though........

Keep doing what you're doing, you're learning fast (y)(y)(y)
I'm honored to have a pro like you comment on my sales. I'd always be grateful to Namepros

•••
•••
So inspiring. Congrats on your sale.

•••
Hello,
Congrats for your sale

•••
congrats on your sale bro.

•••
Nice job on the sale and quick turnaround! Your name selection skills are clearly improving, as well as your end user research.

When doing outbound, I would personally avoid running an auction. I would also avoid asking them to make an offer. If you're going to approach businesses with unsolicited sales offers, you want to keep things as straight-forward as possible. The more hoops you make them jump through, the more they are going to feel like you're playing games. Just let them know the domain is for sale, and if they ask for a price then give them one and go from there.

Keep up the good work!

•••
•••
Nice job on the sale and quick turnaround! Your name selection skills are clearly improving, as well as your end user research.

When doing outbound, I would personally avoid running an auction. I would also avoid asking them to make an offer. If you're going to approach businesses with unsolicited sales offers, you want to keep things as straight-forward as possible. The more hoops you make them jump through, the more they are going to feel like you're playing games. Just let them know the domain is for sale, and if they ask for a price then give them one and go from there.

Keep up the good work!
I learnt that lesson in the sale. I'm not going to take that route of making them pass through hurdles. I think the auction made them take their decision quick.. imo

•••
•••
I learnt that lesson in the sale. I'm not going to take that route of making them pass through hurdles. I think the auction made them take their decision quick.. imo
It's possible... but for every person who acts quickly there are likely a lot more who ignore the email as soon as they see they're being asked to visit a strange link to bid on a domain name. It feels scam-ish. Just think about if you received an unsolicited email like that.

•••
It's possible... but for every person who acts quickly there are likely a lot more who ignore the email as soon as they see they're being asked to visit a strange link to bid on a domain name. It feels scam-ish. Just think about if you received an unsolicited email like that.
Lesson learnt

•••
Thanks for sharing your story.
You hung in there and got the deal done.

•••
•••
•••
•••
YAY - Really nice - you the best broh! -- #Lesson_learned!

•••
(y) Congrats @Bonsu , enjoyed reading your post. That was a good flip and a quick one too. Btw, did you also get any response from the remaining 10 companies you sent emails to ?

•••
(y) Congrats @Bonsu , enjoyed reading your post. That was a good flip and a quick one too. Btw, did you also get any response from the remaining 10 companies you sent emails to ?
Surprisingly No:xf.grin:... However I was certain of selling this in just a matter of time. As currently there's a UK startup using the .co.uk. The domain has been registered with a coming soon webpage.
So I told myself if I can't sell by last week I would wait till August 15 when they officially lunch then I pitch my domain to them

•••
Gmail
Full [email protected]
That's the name that shows on the for sale landing page to
Congrats on the sale Bonsu. Quick question, do u open a fresh gmail account for each name you are doing outbound for?

•••
Congrats on the sale Bonsu. Quick question, do u open a fresh gmail account for each name you are doing outbound for?
Not at all. Just my regular full name

•••
So I decided to stop buying domains for now since I am still learning and currently have close to 50 domains currently. So all I do is just visit namepros and a
Ovid*consulting*king
Purchase price $6.99

Nigerian domain forum just to read, read and read... On Sunday while reading and checking expired domains I saw 4 names that just dropped for handreg but I wasn't still too sure about it since I'm still a newbie but in less than 5 minutes late hen I refreshed it.. They were app gone :wideyed:. I was shocked and disappointed that I am underestimating myself. So the next set of names dropped in expireddomains.net and I saw a name that sounded nice Ovid///consulting/////king
Ovid*consulting*king
Purchase price $6.99
How did you bypass the 60day lock .Thanks

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back