Dynadot

Outside perceptions of domainers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
I did not have an account here before creating this one.

Perhaps this might be a little off topic, but now that you are here I am interested to know what you think of domains and domainers n general.

There is a big misconception by the general public as to who and what a domainer is and does.

Perhaps later on when the dust settles with Epik you and others on Twitter can educate people on what the domain Industry and those who have legitimately created a portfolio of domains are all about.

(by legitimately I mean by not infringing on anyone's Trademark)

Some domainers like to be called domain investors, I myself am more like a hobbyist and collector and like to register (and perhaps develop) domain names as a way to express my beliefs and any new ideas that I might have came up with.

I consider registering domain names as the last stance in Freedom of Speech. Unfortunately at times it seems like there are some forces that want to take this last freedom away from the people in order to be able to have more control over silencing (canceling) those that they don't like or that they don't agree with.

IMO

https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...humanity-and-our-home-planet-showcase.1226743

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Perhaps this might be a little off topic, but now that you are here I am interested to know what you think of domains and domainers n general.
I regret to inform you that I don't have any comments on this. I will say that my relationship with domains is far more like yours than that of a domain investor. Of course I primarily view them as a tool for technical purposes. Like it or not, a lot of systems need a fully qualified domain name that resolves in order to work properly. I will also add that I don't have any issue with registrars or even registries banning people that use their domains to disseminate hate speech, large scale disinformation, and doxx. I too believe in the frozen peaches but I vehemently disagree with the laws of the United States that say hate speech = free speech.

•••
I regret to inform you that I don't have any comments on this. I will say that my relationship with domains is far more like yours than that of a domain investor. Of course I primarily view them as a tool for technical purposes. Like it or not, a lot of systems need a fully qualified domain name that resolves in order to work properly. I will also add that I don't have any issue with registrars or even registries banning people that use their domains to disseminate hate speech, large scale disinformation, and doxx. I too believe in the frozen peaches but I vehemently disagree with the laws of the United States that say hate speech = free speech.

When it comes to Race and Racial issues I believe that everyone should have the right to promote their organization or group and be proud of their race, but like you I don't think that people should have the right to suppress, oppress, or otherwise dominate and enslave other races and take advantage of them.

It doesn't bother me if some people want to think that they are better than others as long as they don't try to enslave and humiliate others or deny them the necessities of life such as healthcare.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
If you're a domainer, you're a citizen of the internet. You may deal in other things related to the internet, aside from domain names. Whatever you engage in or see online, it all starts with a domain, and it turn ...it may start with you

(That sounded romantic and a little moving. I think I like it)

Last edited:
•••
Plenty of people think wasting time and money. Outside is just that or there would be more trying.

•••
I don't think the general public get it. I have about 40 names and am probably done buying for a while. I don't see the benefit to juggling hundreds of names and renewals. I'm just biding my time for the right offer now or for EV's to have a huge trend in 2022 😉

•••
Back