Dynadot

question Outbounding and CAN-SPAM Act Compliance

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If I want to send an email to a number of parties informing them about the availability for sale of a domain name that could be very relevant to them or their business, but I don't have a website for an "Unsubscribe" button to link to, what wording can anyone suggest I use please at the bottom of the email to comply with any CAN-SPAM Act requrements, giving them the option to opt out of any future emails?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I want to send an email to a number of parties informing them about the availability for sale of a domain name that could be very relevant to them or their business, but I don't have a website for an "Unsubscribe" button to link to, what wording can anyone suggest I use please at the bottom of the email to comply with any CAN-SPAM Act requrements, giving them the option to opt out of any future emails?
When this first came out, we got into long debates about this on the affiliate forums since most had newsletters.

As far as domaining and outbounding, this is what I use:

This was a one time email sent to you for this domain name. You will never be contacted again for the same in future. In case you wish to unsubscribe from all our email communications please reply back with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.

I'm pretty sure I picked that off somebody else in domaining in a similar discussion.

Last edited:
•••
Back