Dynadot

discuss Outbound on a .co.uk

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MayerT

Established Member
Impact
This post is more of an informative one, that perhaps some of the newer domainers may be able to gain some value from.

The domain - Veterinary specific domain, [brand name]vet.co.uk, there are 15+ veterinary practices in the UK that operate under the same business name. I picked this up as an expired domain in December 2017, and haven't done anything with it as of yet, apart from create a sales landing page.

This morning I Googled the keywords and noted down all of the companies, their web addresses, principle contacts, and gathered their direct emails where possible. A simple "[principle contact]" "@domain.co.uk" Google search works effectively.

Once I had gathered enough to get started with (11), I sent a basic email to each of the contact I had gathered.

"Hi [Principle Contact],

I acquired ____.co.uk for one of my clients, although they no longer require this domain.

I am reaching out to all of the veterinary practices in the UK that operate under the name [brand name]Vet, or a similar variation, to gauge interest in ____.co.uk.

Do let me know if this is of interest to you, as it will be sold on a first come, first serve basis.

Many thanks,"

When I make further progress, whether it be responses, or additional outbound steps I'll be sure to update the thread.

UPDATE:
Just as I posted the thread, I have a reply! This is from the #1 ranking company with the search term.

"Hi Thomas
What price are you looking at for this domain?
Regards
Jon"

"Hi Jon,
Thank you for coming back to me.
This domain is listed at just £890, which also includes ____.uk.
Many thanks,"

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I appreciate you sharing your thoughts MayerT.

My argument/method is that 'identified' connectivity always works best- and will never go away. If I'm going to spend several hours working on why the 'identified contact' should at least consider the proposition - only comes about from putting myself in his/her shoes as a potential buyer.

Of course I do receive many worthless offers related (similar) to domains I own on a regular basis, hence I think your wording is asking for spam ID

on outbound, I've yet to get it wrong - Strong domain, right identified user, discussion is only ever about price

Last edited:
•••
I appreciate you sharing your thoughts MayerT.

My argument/method is that 'identified' connectivity always works - and will never go away. If I'm going to spend several hours working on why the 'identified contact' should at least consider the proposition - comes about from putting myself in his/her shoes as a potential buyer.

Of course I do receive many worthless offers related (similar) to domains I own on a regular basis, hence I think your wording is asking for spam ID

on outbound, I've yet to get it wrong - Strong domain, right identified user, discussion is only ever about price
In all fairness, I have all of that ticked off - correct contact, strong and applicable domain, I expect at least half of the prospects to reply asking the price. So far I'm at 2/11, not bad considering I emailed at midday today.

I have taken on board what you've said regarding the wording and being considered spam, essentially that line could be removed, although it feels a little too blunt, or perhaps I'm just going a bit soft?

•••
No wording is ever "to soft" (inviting) in a sales proposition, - In a close - yes that's a different ball-game ;)

Not many know how to identify the transition

Last edited:
•••
No wording is ever "to soft" in a sales proposition, - In a close - yes that's a different ball-game ;)
I meant me going a bit soft!

No worries with that, I've been in B2B sales/account management/business development for long enough.

•••
Nice to share some thoughts with you, I retired at 50 and don't miss a thing about waking-up with an agenda . I just took your membership date as a domainers- opener Nice to see/read business minds onboard here

Jump in on some of the spurious arguments,/posts - Not many remember more than yesterdays arguments/posts ;)

Last edited:
•••
Nice to share some thoughts with you, I retired at 50 and don't miss a thing about waking-up with an agenda . I just took your membership date as a domainers- opener Nice to see/read business minds onboard here

Jump in on some of the spurious arguments,/posts - Not many remember more than yesterdays arguments/posts ;)
I can only look forward to that! I'm changing careers (currently B2B finance), and will use domaining to keep that sales spark going.

I always enjoy a good chat/debate with like minded people, I'm sure we'll have many!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back