IT.COM

Out of luck with Wordpress Plugin, All-in-one WP Security & Firewall.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cmdomains

Established Member
Impact
Very new to Wordpress and this particular plugin - made a mistake on setting one of its features so after a period of time , users including admin get automatically logged out. I set it to 5 mins , didn't know what it'd do lol. Long story short, every time plugin is activated, I'd get logged out . The 5mins seem to be much shorter though cause it's not giving me any chance to reverse setting as soon I log back in. Weird

I figured just deleting it from File Manager. Solves the problem but I still wanted to use it cause literally it's All - in - one.

When I tried to reinstall, the mistake seemed imprinted on one of the admin files - Just keeps logging me back out. Is there any way to reset this plugin or whatever the file it changed ? Hoping I won't have to redo the site ..

Appreciate any help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can disable plugins directly via the database - I didn't check this link for 100% accuracy but I scanned through it. You should probably find a source you are ready to trust.

https://wordpresscheat.com/disable-wordpress-plugin-phpmyadmin-mysql-database/

Create a backup first, of course.

Once disabled you can fix it, remove it, start over with it all again :)

Next up - you can learn how to test changes and move to production rather than doing it directly :)

•••
Cool, currently using UpDraft for backup.

Will check your link out while I wait for other ideas. Thanks for input

Btw, I noticed when I view htAccess file , the name of plugin is written on it with a bunch other characters, is this what needs to be reversed?

•••
Update: so it was to do with .htaccess and I tried this:
https://www.webhostinghero.com/restore-damaged-htaccess-file-wordpress/

"Resetting Permalinks
Ideally you want to mess around with code as little as possible. If WordPress is somehow able to fix the .htaccess problems all on its own, that would be best. One of the ways to force WordPress to rewrite the .htaccess file is by resetting the permalinks structure. Here’s how you go about it.

In the WordPress dashboard go to “Settings”, and then “Permalinks”. Most blog owners would have created a special, link structure that reflects the organization of their site. The good news is that whenever you make a change on this page, WordPress rewrites the .htaccess find and “resets” it. So just select another option and hit “Save Changes."

-----

The security plugin made a change on .htaccess to execute the logout setting I've set by mistake. Will monitor for anything next after resetting this file. So far I'm logged in w/o hassle.

Thanks

•••
Agreed with @DU once disabled you can fix it, remove it, start over with it all again

•••
Move to a phpscript..wp consume too many resources. OMG..You never ends with wordpress

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back