IT.COM

Organic search traffic for parking?

NameSilo
Watch

Lord Antares

Top Member
Impact
I have some parked domains that mostly receive traffic and clicks via Google search.

The traffic is VERY high quality, some of the domains have a CTR higher than 60%.

While the quality I get from these organic visitors is overwhelmingly higher than from other sources, I am concerned for their longevity.

I expect parked domains to get deranked by google, and eventually deindexed. What happens then? Do they just die?

I am just looking for experiences by domain parkers who've been through that.
Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I expect parked domains to get deranked by google, and eventually deindexed. What happens then? Do they just die?
Hi

the domains don't die
but the traffic might, if it's solely dependent on google

still, they may stay indexed forever, who knows?
all you can do is maintain the names until it changes... or you could put content on them and benefit from current status in goog.

imo...

•••
So basically anything can happen?

I've heard before that Google actively deindexes parked domains when it crawls them.

On one hand, that makes sense because they're less relevant to searchers looking for actual pages.

On the other though, parking ads are monetized by google and I wouldn't put it past them to keep these domains indexed to be able to milk more money from organic traffic.

•••
On one hand, that makes sense because they're less relevant to searchers looking for actual pages.

On the other though, parking ads are monetized by google and I wouldn't put it past them to keep these domains indexed to be able to milk more money from organic traffic.
Hi

so....
which hand do you think makes more cent$ for google to use?
:)
just saying...

imo...

•••
You develop them into mini-sites based on your current parking model concept and technical build but with more original content, more often updated. If your parked domain names are getting the search traffic, and you know the traffic source will dry up, why wouldn't you thwart the enemy's attack with a pre-emptive strike? Find the details here https://builtwith.com/insertyourparkeddomainnamehere.com. Happy to help!

Last edited:
•••
Back