Dynadot

.org more valuable than .net?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

D D England

Established Member
Impact
GoDaddy uses their gabillion sale stats to determine their estimated domain values. I know I'm new, but I got kind of blown away when I noticed .org was being valued more than .net. I used to always think it was the other way around. I used to always think the order was:

1. .com
  2. .net
  3. .org
  4. .io
  5. .co
  6. .info
  7. .biz
  8. .us

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.Net looks like stupid ext not body care about it, i had several domains .net and were worth but no body gives me a good value. I am sure .Org is going to win

•••
If both .net and .org is available, I prefer .net and I know it is the general tendency all around the world.

•••
I see valid points in this thread. I prefer .net to .org, mostly because I perceive .org to be used for charitable endeavors and the like. I think many would agree. But in time, this public perception may fade.

And if it does fade, one limitation remains: charitable or not, .org implies an "organization". I think there are plenty of scenarios whereby an end user who cannot afford a .com would settle on a .net (or an alternative) over a .org because they don't want a site that represents an entire organization. Maybe they're just a corner bakery.

•••
It depends on the use of the domain also. I think .net is better.

•••
I never take .org domains seriously. It should be a closed TLD only available to verified 501c3 non-profits (or similar) with a price tag of $X,XXX...IMHO. Non-profits love to squander money, take full advantage!

Never bought a .org, never will.

I never bought a .NET either, but I think it's more brandible for commerce but your logo and other branded assets MUST reflect the .NET prominently. I think .NET is good for tech related frims.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back