IT.COM

discuss Opportunity or Not - Domain Ramble

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Around 2 years in ( 2 years, yes 2 years and still a s**t load to learn) and not in profit, but all is not lost 🙂

Opportunities come (and go) with every price request, enquiry or offer.

Missed out on sales, dismissed blatant low ballers, to high a price quoted? Maybe, maybe not......never heard from the majority again

I know they are lurking out there though, watching, waiting, hoping I drop those domains they wanted..... news flash......it is not happening.....interest expressed = domain not dropping

New trends, ideas, business's and would be entrepreneurs come......and go.....a good domain is here to stay, unless the trend is a fad then.....Best be quick....

Strong keywords, past sales, how many extensions taken for that domain, how many companies use that/those keyword/s in their domain, similar domains and their current prices, CPC & search volume (if that's your thing) SEO domains, LLLL, numeric, EMD, Geo's, Parking and........all the rest

Choices, choices, choices, so many variables, so many extensions, potential pitfalls (TM's ring a bell?) Where to start? Questions?

It's all here, we are in the right place....but a start is just that, the beginning, that place in time where you can save yourself money and learn about this crazy, mad, interesting subterranean niche that is domaining...

Best advice on here is read, read and read until you can't read no more......go get a coffee then guess what? Read some bloody more....not just Namepros, embrace Tech, Science, Branding, current affairs, education, business news, finance and all the other industries out there, set up news feeds, be hungry for knowledge, not for its own sake but because you want to learn and become better at what you do......which is getting the best, most relevant domains that are in your budget....

Be efficient with your time, keep notes, follow those that are worth following ( dont stalk or badger them though) Read what they post and take it on board, but don't become a Yes man or woman, think for yourself....learn from your mistakes and step by gradual step things start to fall into place, an idea turns into a plan, the plan becomes a strategy and time will tell if it works or not....

Small improvements, not giving up and having patience will bring long term rewards.......

If not

after a Good few years

At least then you can say you tried

👍

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is better to have Domained and failed than never to have Domained at all.

I'm two years in nearly and I'm not in profit either but am I worried...a tad...nah!!! Profit is just domaining without the faff.

•••
It is better to have Domained and failed than never to have Domained at all.

I'm two years in nearly and I'm not in profit either but am I worried...a tad...nah!!! Profit is just domaining without the faff

Don't get me wrong, I make light of it but the aim of the game is to make a regular profit from this.....even though it is a side hustle/hobby to me, money talks........

•••
I guess that this is a good business to get into with the covid19 lockdown. Everything is going online :xf.smile:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back