Dynadot

domains OpenAi Executive asks for price to buy remaining 20K GPT domains

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm confused wtf they talk about... so how many of these are handreg vs aftermarket?

•••
I'm confused wtf they talk about... so how many of these are handreg vs aftermarket?
Somebody will reg horsegpt.horse and start spamming that thread...

•••
I was concerned about regging too many of these names because OpenAI applied for a trademark on GPT in December, and I figured they'd get it.

That said, I've now seen plenty of other projects using the term GPT and so I don't think they're going to get that trademark anymore.

I've sold one Keyword+GPT name already, probably for too cheap. I'll hold the others I have indefinitely, but I wish I'd registered a ton more when it was possible.

Last edited:
•••
I was concerned about regging too many of these names because OpenAI applied for a trademark on GPT in December, and I figured they'd get it.

That said, I've now seen plenty of other projects using the term GPT and so I don't think they're going to get that trademark anymore.

I've sold one Keyword+GPT name already, probably for too cheap. I'll hold the others I have indefinitely, but I wish I'd registered a ton more when it was possible.

I'm pretty sure I read on np they totally got that tm

•••
But they're available so why is he asking for a price?

•••
•••
So some dumb prat buys them hoping to sell them to OpenAi and they turn around and slap them with a UDRP......

•••
So some dumb prat buys them hoping to sell them to OpenAi and they turn around and slap them with a UDRP......
😆

•••
•••
•••

as any niche best ones are long gone... so I assume he asking total for all after market plus handreg crap...

•••
as any niche best ones are long gone... so I assume he asking total for all after market plus handreg crap...
Is his budget 10 million ?

•••
Go to the page and sort by popularity. so many TM names on that list.

•••
I'm pretty sure I read on np they totally got that tm

OpenAI's application to register the "GPT" trademark (for the U.S.) is still being processed; according to the USPTO website, it was just assigned to an Examiner last Thursday (4/13/23). Of course, that could get updated further at any time...

OpenAI has also filed a petition asking the USPTO to expedite their applications for both the "GPT" and "ChatGPT" marks.

Overall, I think they have a good chance with "ChatGPT" but not "GPT" (which is more inherently descriptive, in the context of software/AI).

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I love how the seller has a cowboy hat, implying they are cowboys
Much like land in the American West in the 1800s, gpt domains are first-come first-serve.

🤠 seller is uniquely qualified to show you the ropes and help navigate the gpt domain registration landscape.

•••
I love how the seller has a cowboy hat, implying they are cowboys
I "love" how twitter unwrapped the gpt.com domain and put a preview of gtpa.com.au even though nobody asked for it. ;)

•••
I "love" how twitter unwrapped the gpt.com domain and put a preview of gtpa.com.au even though nobody asked for it. ;)
What does that mean?

Update:
Oh I see what you mean, they included the domain gpt.com in their tweet and the open graph meta data for the domain is included in the tweet.

I'm not sure why we should "love" it but fair enough.

Last edited:
•••
What does that mean?

Update:
Oh I see what you mean, they included the domain gpt.com in their tweet and the open graph meta data for the domain is included in the tweet.

I'm not sure why we should "love" it but fair enough.

Well, the guy says "We can provide bulk *gpt.com domain registrations" and twitter goes to gpt.com, sees that it redirects to gpta.com.au, scrapes the page and plugs its preview in the guy's tweet. And he can't edit it out, either.

•••
Well, the guy says "We can provide bulk *gpt.com domain registrations" and twitter goes to gpt.com, sees that it redirects to gpta.com.au, scrapes the page and plugs its preview in the guy's tweet. And he can't edit it out, either.
Is that good?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back