Dynadot

Selling One Word Domains – Making the Move to a Subscription Model

NameSilo
Watch

steventey

Established Member
Impact
Hello fellow Namepros users!

My name is Steven, and I'm the founder of One Word Domains – a database of 300K+ brandable one-word domains over 50+ TLDs that are available for hand-registration. Since I launched this tool back in May, it has helped 700+ domainers & entrepreneurs secure the domain names of their dreams – some of them were even successful in flipping their domains for 10 times the purchase price.

In the last few months, I've added various new features to the site such as an aftermarket section, the ability to save selected domains & export them to a spreadsheet with a single click, as well as lists of the top trends on Google/Twitter and their corresponding .COM domains.

In the coming months, I'm planning to add a few other features such as:
  • The ability to monitor domains of your choice and get notified when they are registered/become available again
  • API access to the domain lists that are constantly updating
  • Machine learning-powered domain name creator that uses AI to create hyper-personalized name suggestions given your preferences.
All these new features come at the price of higher server fees and additional engineering hours, and because of that, I've decided to sunset the lifetime pricing model and switch to a SaaS subscription model instead.

For those of you who have already purchased a plan before, no need to worry – your existing plans will be grandfathered and you'll still be able to access all the perks from before.

If you have yet to purchase a plan, I've set up a page where you can still purchase a lifetime membership. This is early-bird pricing and will increase by another $50 by the end of the weekend, so if you're interested, act fast!

I also launched One Word Domains' affiliate program yesterday, where you can promote our products and get a 20% commission on each sale – you can read more about the announcement on our blog here.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to let me know via email or on Twitter – I'm always happy to chat!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One word= Two words combined?

Ablepitch is a combination. Those words also will do?

•••
One word= Two words combined?

Ablepitch is a combination. Those words also will do?

Hey Koolishman! Thanks for the question! For .COM domains, I tried looking for available one-word domains but the only ones that were available were really obscure ones like 'injudiciously.com' or some random medical term that no one ever uses. Therefore, I decided to include two-word combinations as well (like WoodBlend.com :xf.wink:) – those are selling for quite a bit of money these days. Hope that makes sense!

Last edited:
•••
Hey Koolishman! Thanks for the question! For .COM domains, I tried looking for available one-word domains but the only ones that were available were really obscure ones like 'injudiciously.com' or some random medical term that no one ever uses. Therefore, I decided to include two-word combinations as well (like WoodBlend.com :xf.wink:) – those are selling for quite a bit of money these days. Hope that makes sense!

Thanks.

Will contact later.

•••
•••
•••
Awesome site! Just signed up for the lifetime plan and already regged one name. I think I will be using this site a lot.

•••
•••
Awesome site! Just signed up for the lifetime plan and already regged one name. I think I will be using this site a lot.

That's amazing! Appreciate the encouragement – happy you were able to find a domain you liked there! If you (or anyone else) have any suggestions on how I can make this tool better, please let me know! :)

•••
•••
Great project.

Thanks a lot for the kind words, Bipul! Hope you're able to find some brandable names on the site! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back