Dynadot

question One of my domains is transfered without my consent. Any clue why?

NameSilo
Watch

Denismth

Established Member
Impact
This is the email I received from .is registrar. Note that I bought it from Namecheap. So this is how the email reads:
Domain xxxxx.is has been transferred to a new registrant as requested by contact NI231-IS ([email protected]).
The former registrant was DN118-IS ([email protected]).
The transfer was confirmed by NI231-IS ([email protected])
Best Regards,
ISNIC
Then I checked all the auction sites. I found out that SEDO has created a separate tab to the domain. When I click it, it talks about parking.

Even if it is parking or a sale, I think I should be asked.
I was just notified about the transfer in my email.
Then I went to my Namecheap account and saw the domain in my account.
Not sure what is goin on. Any clue?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is still in my Namecheap acct. But gone from .is registrant https://www.isnic.is

My Sedo account is back to normal. The domain in question is in the list of domains. 🤔

•••
I clicked on the parking tab and I found my domain being processed for parking.
I clicked on aggreement but have not proceeded after that.
Why would I agree when my domain is gone from my registrant account and have no idea where it went 😠

•••
Hello Denis
Was the domain already pass renewal grace period?On eof possibilities that I know is that once the domain is past the grace period it enters redemption period and you don't have the control of the domain until it is released (may be or may not be released for fresh registration).

•••
The exp date is October 19 2022. So it has not expired.
Sedo replied this:

Thank you for the email.
We are not currently finding any sales in your Sedo account. If you are stating that the domain has left your registrar account we recommend following up with your registrar to confirm why and how the domain was removed. We apologize as we do not have any direct access to the domain. The domain is also not showing as removed from your Sedo listings.

If you have any further questions or comments, please visit our Customer Support Centre or check out our tutorials on Youtube.

Best regards,
Sedo Customer Care Team

•••
.is domains can only be managed at ISNIC, so whatever registrar offers them (of only the few in the whole world which do), they handle these domains manually at ISNIC for their customers. It doesn't sound like you created your profile at ISNIC yourself (because if you did, you would register your domain there and not deal with Namecheap, I presume...). Probably a human error, they created an account for you first but then moved to their holding account which is their standard for these domains.

•••
This is the reply of ISNIC though I can't see it in my ISNIC acct.

Hello
You are still in possession of the domain through Namecheap.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back