NameSilo

One Advice For Domainers

Labeled as discuss in General Domain Discussion started by satish-gaire, Sep 23, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. satish-gaire

satish-gaire New Member

Note to mod, Please lmk if this is not the right place to make such post.

Satish Gaire here.
    Been domaining for years & owner of domain management software.

Working to release my next book on Domaining & I wanted to get
    some domainer's insights.

Please understand that, when you comment, you are giving me
    the irrevocable rights to publish that information on my book without any compensation. I may not pick your comment if I don't feel it will be useful.

I will use your USERNAME to give credit unless you provide your name at the bottom of the comment.

What is one advice you offer to someone
    who wants to start domaining.

Under 5 Sentences, please. It can be something specific or generic
    that you learned. Specific advice are more helpful than generic like " dot com is the king".

Thank you
    Satish Gaire

Thank you In advance.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO Gold Account VIP

One advice:

Move all your non-crap .COM domains to Make Offer Landing pages. Reply to any inbound offers with a very high opening asking price, e.g. "At least $100,000" for a quality 1 or 2 word non-hyphen .COM. If they don't like your asking price, then offer a lease. If they don't like your lease option, tell them to bring their highest offer for your consideration.

I believe this very simple advice will make a lot of people life-changing money. The people who know it and apply it become richer. The people don't know it and apply it, sell domains to people who do. Once you know how to buy non-crap .COM domains, I believe this selling method is the secret to success.

You're welcome.

3. satish-gaire

satish-gaire New Member

Love this! Thank you.

4. Jimmysun

Jimmysun Established Member

Buy domains that you have very strong feeling, that means it belongs to you and must have a good reason, so you will hold it for a very long time and have guts to insist your selling price.

5. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician Gold Account VIP

@Rob you are smelling promotion, right?

6. Xabial

Xabial Established Member

Coming from Germany, world leader of promotions: negative interest rates?

I like promotions, but what makes it sweeter — I love the service.

7. satish-gaire

satish-gaire New Member

Guys, Even if you think your "Advice" might not be that great, I recommend posting it.

Thank you.

8. HotKey

HotKey Made in Canada VIP

If in doubt, sleep on it. The world will not end by morning. Hasty decisions may cost you more than just buyers regret or sellers remorse.

Best of, to your new book Satish-Gaire.

- Hots

9. satish-gaire

satish-gaire New Member

Really like this one.

10. karmaco

karmaco Top Member VIP

So we are supposed to post advice for you to use in your book? Advice is given here for free not to help others write books for profit on domaining. I would hesitantly buy a book from any domainer because nobody is going to give their best secrets away. They can google this forum if they need help as most do.

11. handpicked

handpicked Established Member

"In domaining, be the best or be with the best, both works! else quit."

PS: I'm no expert. Just a bit that I learnt over here. Best of luck for your book. Keep doing something you love, whether it clicks or not doesn't matter because it's best to keep domaining part-time . "it takes a certain personality to deal with sales and do the required marketing." @Tia Wood. and I am still working for that. Invest less unless your gain more. Give credits to people who help you.Thanks.

12. Sumeeth

Sumeeth DomExpert VIP

My Quotes:

1) "Domaining with out learning" is like jumping in to deep water without knowing swimming. You cannot start domaining without learning it! - Sumeeth kumar Jain

2) "Domainer always feels every domain of him as a Gold mine eventhough it is sh*t.... unless you have the strong data to justify the same it is better to drop it which saves you the penny atleast on the next renewal.. " - Sumeeth Kumar Jain

3) "First year of Domaining is the game changer for any domainer because its decides what is your future as Domainer. There is good chance that Domainer falling in the trap of registering 100s of domains without his knowledge and feel depressed after losing lot of money unless you get lucky sale. So never fall in trap of registering lots of domains with out learning what the domaining is at the early stage... " - Sumeeth Kumar Jain

Thanks,
    Sumeeth

13. Tia Wood

Tia Wood Business Website Consultant VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. If the commercial research and data doesn’t support it then you should think twice about buying it.

Tia Wood

14. satish-gaire

satish-gaire New Member

Good one. Can you expand on this with an example, so that I can use it?

P.S. I will use your Username incase you don't provide name.

15. satish-gaire

satish-gaire New Member

Tia,

Will use this one.

Which tools do you recommend for research?

16. satish-gaire

satish-gaire New Member

Sumeeth, I like the second one. Will use it.

17. handpicked

handpicked Established Member

Some domainers (whom I call the Best) have an innate ability to market simply any name while some struggle to sell even gold. So its best to learn the skills from them. We can see this happening in domaining industry. Good names (names with strong development potential) are sometimes bargained for a dime while an average name sell for a fortune. Its marketing and sales skill that matter I guess. Thanks.

18. Tia Wood

Tia Wood Business Website Consultant VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Google - just to see how many results it produces, in quotes, how it's being used.
    archive.org - to get an idea of past site usage
    Estibot - just to get a feel on the range and some stats. Don't take this as absolute
    ahrefs.com - for general stats if you can afford it. If not, use their backlink checker. It's free.
    semrush.com - lots of keyword research features there
    reference USA - (available through a local library - credit goes to DNAcademy for recommending this resource) http://referenceusa.com/Static/LibraryLocator
    trademark search - keep your butt out of trouble https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-application-process/search-trademark-database
    DNAcademy - lots of valuable information there

19. satish-gaire

satish-gaire New Member

Thank you. Will credit you.

20. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO Gold Account VIP

Frank -- I just like to teach people to become sovereign. The people who make enough to provide for themselves and their families without working 5 jobs have time to contemplate the meaning of life. The adversary keeps people broke, tired and sick so you don't have time or energy to contemplate eternity. Fact.

21. satish-gaire

satish-gaire New Member

Sending the manuscript in on Thursday at 10 AM CST. If anyone has more advice, do post it.
    Thank you

22. Ryan217

Ryan217 Established Member

Breast advice I got.. Before buying a domain, ask yourself can you see yourself building a business on that name. If you wouldn't then would anyone else?

23. satish-gaire

satish-gaire New Member

Good one

24. Xabial

Try and get into the habit of .coms. It takes discipline, but I was glad I was able to follow this, and it went a long way for me personally.

Not every domain’s “CBD.biz”which sold for $90,000.
    September 15, 2018, by mCig (a public company), on the bottom of page-15 in their latest 2019 quarter,

https://www.mciggroup.com/wp-content/uploads/wpmc_sec_filings/957/957.pdf

.biz remains biggest pain to sell. (Not just me lol)

Don’t be influenced if non-coms, sells for big prices.

I bought that name for $100, 2+ years ago.

It’s been a $100 waste. Try and share your data if you do sell. NDA is

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  25. Xabial

EDIT: I forgot to say the name of the.biz I bought
    I bought Lent.biz for $100, 2+ years ago.

It’s been a $100 waste. Try and share ANY data, if you do sell. NDA is selfish bulls**t. Help our industry! I don't care about buyer identity! Only sale price.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice