IT.COM

Oldie but a good read: Chernobyl

NameSilo
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
life changing website. thanks.

•••
I live about 35 miles from a nuclear powerplant that is in seabrook NH . Everytime I drive by it I cant help but think what if something happeded to it

•••
•••
The culprit is the graphite that is used in Chernobyl-type reactors. All western plants use water to transfer the heat energy instead of graphite. As you probably know, graphite is coal and it burns well. That's how Chernobyl reactors are able to contaminate large regions, when the core melts down.

I only live about 150 km away from a Chernobyl clone. I'm afraid of it sometimes. But I'm not afraid of the nuclear plant 50 km from my house. Guess which one of them is in Russia...

•••
octobus said:
I only live about 150 km away from a Chernobyl clone. I'm afraid of it sometimes. But I'm not afraid of the nuclear plant 50 km from my house. Guess which one of them is in Russia...

While in Perm, Russia, I saw the outside of reactors that looked close to crumbling... I understand somewhat.
Where are you located, exactly?
-Allan

•••
I was born in Zhitomeir, Ukraine which is close to Chernobyl and we experienced some of the aftermath of the disaster.

•••
14 year bump.

Just started watching the new HBO miniseries Chernobyl, tried to remember the site posted in this thread. Great series so far, only 2 episodes out, more coming:

•••
14 year bump.

Just started watching the new HBO miniseries Chernobyl, tried to remember the site posted in this thread. Great series so far, only 2 episodes out, more coming:

We were looking forward to this mini-series and were very impressed with the first two episodes.

The filming techniques surely give one the feeling of being there alongside the technicians, politicians, firefighters and civilians caught up in the catastrophe.

An excellent series!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back