Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This is the official discussion thread for NamePros LIVE Domain Name Auctions

To find out what the NEXT live auction is:
http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/592240-next-live-auction-at-namepros.html

We're essentially going to have 4 different formats for the live auctions:

1. $1 start, No Reserve Auctions
- All lots start at $1 with no reserve
- Fee: 50np$ listing fee per lot

2. No Reserve Auctions
- Bidding starts at reserve price
- Fee: 250np$ per lot

3. Regular Live Auctions
- Multiformats:
-- $1 no reserve lots
-- Reserve Price lots
- All TLDs welcome
- Fee: 250np$ per lot

4. Premium Live Auctions
- High value domains or lots only
- Fee: 1000np$ per lot

Fees are subject to change without notice.
Please note: You can now have upto 4 lots in each auction. :tu:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bit disappointed with the quality of names in these auctions. Many names are reg fee at best

Anyone feel the same?

There are some reg fee names in here but there are many good ones. There's one -- what was it again? AmericanTravel.info I think. It's easily worth mid $xxx at lowest. Lot #11 (mine so apologies if I sound biased) has domains that have many endusers and could net well over 1,000x ROI easily. I don't see them all as bad. Many are reg fee but many others are well worth their low starting prices.

•••
Maybe its just me :rolleyes:
It is :D

dw, there are a few Premium Auction on the schedule too, will be more in keeping with what you might be interested in :)

Cheers!

•••
At the end of this auction, will "second chance" bids be taken for lots that didn't sell live? I just realized that even though I set a $1 reserve on one lot, I assumed that really meant $15 (minimum live bid), and not really $1 (which someone might offer in a "second chance" auction).

•••
what time is the auction......in Sydney Australia?

Cheers
Corey

•••
what time is the auction......in Sydney Australia?

Cheers
Corey
Location Local time Time zone
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Monday, June 29, 2009 at 3:00:00 PM UTC-4 hours EDT
Sydney (Australia - New South Wales) Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at 5:00:00 AM UTC+10 hours EST

So it looks like the auction will be at 5am Tues. the 30th for you

•••
Auction was fun, inspite of the major issues and the fact that this was the first Live Auction on monday.

RJ has posted the results - http://www.namepros.com/namepros-info-and-suggestions/593182-live-auction-results-6-29-no.html

Top sales -
SpeedyMeals.com Fabulous 10/22/09 Seller: MrSpartan SOLD for $220.00 to DotUSDomains
ValueNames.com and ValueName.com eNom Jan-13-2010 Domagon SOLD for $250.00 to iridium

Some changes to be noted:

1. Regular Auction listing fee is now 250np$ ;)

2. Now each user can submit upto 4 lots per auction. :tu:

Last edited:
•••
This is correct.

Offers can be made below the reserve, but at the live event we will be starting at the reserve prices or the current bid, whichever is higher.
So what is the benefit of a prebid? If the reserve is $15 and I prebid $10, won't the live auction still start at $15?

•••
On the "No Reserve" auctions like today's, prebids below the reserve price have no benefit. On a regular auction like the one this Thursday, the bidding starts at the highest prebid.

•••
On the "No Reserve" auctions like today's, prebids below the reserve price have no benefit. On a regular auction like the one this Thursday, the bidding starts at the highest prebid.
Ah, thanks for the clear up! :)

This auction here at NP will fun! :D

•••
Looks like the upcoming short domain auction has a number of very nice domains in it -- including a LLL.com. I also see a LLL.org and some great pronouncable LLLL.com.

•••
just submitted one of my short names in upcoming auction :D

•••
Can somebody please remove the longer-than-5-character domains from the current auction queue? (Lots 86, 94 & 95.) Thanks.

•••
Okay so how does this work (I am asking for the current queue but I presume it extends to all futures with their respective variables)

I have until 6 PM EST today to do pre-auction bidding, then 2 and a half hours after that to participate in live bidding?

Is that correct?

Also, where is the live bidding taking place? I am banned from the NP chatroom.

•••
How do you get NP $

just submitted one of my short names in upcoming auction :D

I would like to submit to short name auction but have not namepros dollars. How do you get Namepros $?

Thanks guys,
LexisDomains.com - "Defining brand clarity"

•••
•••
Also, where is the live bidding taking place?

The auction will happen at: http://www.namepros.com/chat2.php?room=Live+Auction. It starts in approximately 2.5 hours.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

There's been lots of pre-bid activity and often there is not enough time to auction every lot. The finalized lots and order are assigned about thirty minutes before the auction. If there's a lot you want to get in the auction, I recommend placing a pre-bid to show interest.

•••
The auction will happen at: http://www.namepros.com/chat2.php?room=Live+Auction. It starts in approximately 2.5 hours.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

There's been lots of pre-bid activity and often there is not enough time to auction every lot. The finalized lots and order are assigned about thirty minutes before the auction. If there's a lot you want to get in the auction, I recommend placing a pre-bid to show interest.

Its a damn shame I was banned from the NP live room, I was really interested in R-PG.com Great name, sold for a steal. Damn.

Perhaps what I'm going to miss most is not having the email [email protected]

Oh well, bigger cookies._\|/_

Last edited:
•••
Its a damn shame I was banned from the NP live room, I was really interested in R-PG.com Great name, sold for a steal. Damn.

you should follow chat rules bud!!

•••
Its a damn shame I was banned from the NP live room...

Well, nothing stopping you from bidding in the queue, if you really wanted to :lol:

Around $3000 in sales in this auction.

Whats even more interesting is that over $10,000 in bids that didn't win.

•••
Is it just me or...

Is it just me or did today's auction totally suck? Only a small handful of auctions even sold and of those that had, only a few sold for $20+

•••
Yes, we're aware. :)

The special time for Europe seemed to keep participation levels lower than usual.

The regular auction this Thursday should do better.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Hmph. This is RJ on a test account.

•••
Monday's auction was boring. Only three lots sold, seemed the bidders stayed away or the Europe crowd doesn't bid :D

Lots of things went wrong, primary being that most of the US crowd was still in holiday mode after the 4th of July weekend. To top that, a lot of lots had unreasonable reserves or were just not upto spec in terms of quality. Sellers need to be realistic too, otherwise it doesn't really work.

We're making some changes on the basis of the current situation - to start all monday auctions have been moved to tuesdays to get rid of the monday morning blues :p More changes coming soon, probably going to have the premium auction approval only, with no listing fee, just a final value fee, will update when its final. Cheers!

•••
Personally, as a European, I waited till today to put my names into auction as the last one was 4th july and see the site as U.S based.

•••
Still think theyre should be moderation when submitting names. Some of the names didnt even warrant a $1 bid. I wont be participating in these auctions until the quality improves.

Thats why nobody was bidding. Your not going to attract the big players with names such as sgard.com.

•••
I'm happy NP will be getting more active with live auctions.. Here are a couple things I have been thinking about:

- I can never find the previous auctions results. They should be posted on this thread under finished auctions, the same day the auctions end. imho

- Going from one auction a month then none for a bit then up to two a week may be a bit much.. Auction quality *may slip, attendance and submission rates *may go down pretty quickly with two auctions a week (not to mention mod fatigue ;) ). I think one solid auction a week is the best bet IMHO, at least to start.

- Auction fee is steep (approx $4.25 USD) per auction lot.. D-: Heck, ebay just removed auction listing fees recently and now only take final value.. I understand that listing here you are marketing your domain to a group of potential domain buyers (in a chat room) and that is cool, but if you list just one lot in each auction for an entire month that's $34. Unless you use no $1 reserve there is no guarantee that you will make a sale. NP'ers may start to realize it's not worth spending $4 to list an auction that *might* sell and your reserve is under $50 :rolleyes: Of course, I know there is the refund if your lot does not go to auction.

Just my $.02 here ~ nd

Btw, I haven't been able to attend these but only 20 minutes of the Jun 2 auction. From what I noticed in that 20 mins was the atmosphere was really cordial and the mods were doing a pretty good job encouraging bidding in a welcoming chat room. Thanks mods, and RJ!

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back