IT.COM

discuss L-L.CO Discussion & Countdown Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Official L-L.CO Discussion & Countdown Thread

As of November 2016, LLL.co are all bought out, and trading with a floor price of $250 - $300. But an even rarer class of domains, L-L.co is still available - but not for long. Please feel free to post developed sites, acquisitions and sales in this thread.

Reasons to Invest in L-L.co
Here are some of the reasons why L-L.co are about to appreciate rapidly in value:
  • Unlike their LLL counterparts, there are only 676 combinations (26^2) versus 17,576 (26^3).
  • Chinese investors have been snapping up the remaining L-L.co with CHIP letters.
  • LLL.co are notoriously good for selling to end users, who can't justify the 5 or 6 figure prices for the equivalent LLL.com. There are already many developed L-L.co and LLL.co names.
  • Even if you conservatively assume .co is worth 5-10% of the .com's value, L-L.com routinely sells for $5,000 - $10,000, making L-L.co easily worth at least $250 - $500 once bought out.
  • .co is one fewer letter than .com, making it easy to type on mobile while still being brandable as "company" or "corporation."
Here are the remaining 39/676 (< 6%) names available for hand registration.
If you registered a name from this list, I would appreciate a post in this thread & "Thanks" below.

Available L-L.co Domains

The cheapest place to register .co presently is Uniregistry at $4.88 for the 1st year.

b-u
b-x
f-i
f-q
g-v
i-k
j-e
j-i
k-q
l-u
l-x
n-q
o-y
q-e
q-j
q-m
q-t
q-v
r-q
r-y
u-e
u-j
u-l
v-f
v-h
v-j
v-n
v-q
v-u
v-z
w-u
x-f
x-n
y-j
y-q
y-v
y-w
z-m
z-n

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I've noticed that the LLL.co's have gone really liquid ... it's definitely a great sign the extension is maturing into one of the better TLD's. Because it's truly broad in scope, it wouldn't surprise me if .co even overtook .net in NEW registrations within 5-10 years, as with more and more specific gTLD's coming online, I see .net reverting to more of the tech specific TLD it was originally intended to ...

While I'm unsure of domains with a "-" in them, I'd have to say that the L-L.co are interesting .. why haven't you grabbed them yourself? Or did you already grab some good ones and these are the only ones left? lol

I don't think I'd buy these .. but after seeing a couple of television ads with medium sized companies using .co, I certainly have bought into .co with some great single-word and single-term domains! If your estimate of .co selling for 10% of .com holds .. then I'll be doing amazing! :)

Unlike most of the other gTLD's, I think .co is one of the few that has broad appeal (and yes I class .co as a TLD .. lol) .. but like other non-.com's you still really have to be patient in finding the cream of the crop key-term .co's at good prices!

•••
Jeez, another domainer buyout thread...
Don't follow the sheep, those buyouts are artificial (sustained by domainers and not by end user demand).

•••
I think the danger with .co is that people think it is a mis-type of a .com or a .co.uk

•••
I didn't buy any .. although I was going to maybe grab just one for a fun gamble at $2.99 .. lol

While I think LLL.com's, NNNN.com's and probably even a lot of 2L and 2-3N gTLD domains do have (relatively) solid value (even liquid) .. and I think a good chunk of LLLL.com and NNNNN.com and LLL and NNNN in SOME TLD's are on the threshold of maybe being investable ... I think much of the rest of the quazi-short domains have been artificially inflated by the chinese market (like who the heck is ever going to use a NNNNNN domain?) .. much of which I fear is(/was) based on an artificial Chinese p2p-loan foundation as opposed to the solid domaining fundamentals of end-user demand.

I actually think LLL.co's are a decent bet if you can get them cheap (although I don't see the point of buying them at liquid price only to resell at liquid price again) .. however I know absolutely nothing about X-X.anything domains .. so I can't really say either way.

I'm into .co .. but only for extremely solid single key-term domains like Refreshment, Ovens, Alimony, Testament, Candycane, Celiac, Critic, Excess, Grads .. etc etc

I'm not saying the X-X are completely valueless .. but I just don't see them as an easy sell at this point ... but c'mon @Kate .. let's grab a few more members and each buy up 5-6 of these domains .. once they are all gone there's still enough madness around to drive them into liquid state and make a few $$$ ... c'mon .. I dare you .. just grab one .. you can dooooo iiiiitttt! ;)

Seriously though .. there are some people who see domaining like the stockmarket .. and that's fine but at some point those domains are going to hit bubbles and someone is going to be left holding the garbage (again .. I'm not sure x-no_url_shorteners actually falls into that catagory .. I just don't know enough about them to say they have fundamental value) ... I'm trying to stick solid names that I feel will ultimately have end users wanting to use .. still taking a few risks obviously because you never really know if you're going to wait 10 days or 10 years for the right end user .. but I think single word and single term domains are the way to go (and only if they fit the TLD obviously).

•••
Great insight @Ategy.com.

Yes for full disclosure I own some L-L.co domains - but wouldn't you be concerned if I didn't? It would just be cheap talk if I didn't put some money where my mouth is. Why I believe in this category from an end-user perspective is because many businesses use two-letter initialisms yet LL.com, L-L.com and LL.co are out of reach for their budget.

All the LL.co's were reserved by the registry and of the six reported sales on Namebio, five went for 5 figures.

ll.co 42,000 USD 2016-05-30 GoDaddy
ru.co 31,500 USD 2016-05-30 GoDaddy
ed.co 50,000 USD 2013-08-14 GoDaddy
xe.co 37,500 USD 2013-03-13 GoDaddy
fx.co 50,000 USD 2013-01-09 Sedo
on.co 6,015 USD 2012-03-30 GoDaddy

Buying speculative domains were never a secure investment - and they never will be. Some domainers prefer to flip or buy-and-hold domains with an already liquid value from the aftermarket, but the most amazing % gains will be made by those who invested at the cusp of a buyout.

If you time your purchase into a category right before it's rapid price acceleration, you'll pay the fewest years of renewal fees compared to those who invested earlier. Sure, you might not have the choiciest pick of letter combinations - but premium letters are really in the eyes of the beholder nowadays (i.e. western premiums vs. Chinese premiums).

IMO, it's a no-brainer to get into L-L.co especially at the discounted 1st year reg. fee - the meteoric price rise will probably happen within < 1 year. If I wanted to, I could buy out all the rest of them myself with a couple of keystrokes - but I wanted to share the opportunity and let other NPers generate enthusiasm about the category.

•••
F-I taken, others still available.

•••
Jeez, another domainer buyout thread...
Don't follow the sheep, those buyouts are artificial (sustained by domainers and not by end user demand).

Comon Kate, It's got to start from somewhere. A buyout is a buyout, even via domainers. Let the pyramid evolve ;)

•••
Guys, prices could go up sharply with a buy out.
Although .CO renewal prices are higher than ideal, it doesn't hurt to take a punt on these domains at $4.88/each for the first year.

•••
For Cyber Monday, between 5 - 6 PM EST today:
New .CO registrations are $0.45 at NameCheap
https://www.namecheap.com/domain-hosting-ssl-deals/cyber-monday.aspx

Why not take a chance to pick up a couple of L-L.co (or :xf.wink: buy them out)?

Edit: Looks like G-V.co and Y-V.co are the only remaining ones from my initial list.
I'll run a full scan tonight before I declare L-L.co's bought out, but it looks incredibly close.

Go go go!

Last edited:
•••
Did a full scan as of 2016-12-01 11:40 PM

Last two L-L.co remaining before buyout
V-Y
Q-O

•••
Those two are gone ^
Will do a full scan tonight to confirm buyout.

Tell you a true story - there IS end user demand for these domains.
Last month I had M-X on my list but held off on buying it.
Lo and behold, it was registered on Nov 12th and a Chinese used car sales/financing/leasing company has registered it for their company website. It's developed - check it out.

It could've potentially been a nice sale if I had not forgotten to register it.

Luckily I have a couple of nice ones in the bag, onwards and upwards from here!

•••
Lo and behold, it was registered on Nov 12th and a Chinese used car sales/financing/leasing company has registered it for their company website. It's developed - check it out.
Seriously ? Do you think he would have bought it from you, had it not been available ?

•••
@Kate , respectfully I disagree. In my estimation, the sale would have been for a relatively modest ($xxx or $xxxx) amount but an end user sale nonetheless. The company's name is 秒享, which is miǎo xiǎng in Chinese pinyin.

Obviously the name is meaningful, in a unique way to the company.

On another note, ran a full scan as of 2016-12-02 8:28 PM and ...
L-L.CO are OFFICIALLY BOUGHT OUT
0/576 names remain

It took about 3 weeks from my original post till now for 6% of the names to get taken. (y)

As NPers, we shouldn't think of ourselves as anything but an insignificant force in the broader domain market. Even if you, I and no other NPer wanted to buy out the category, it would have happened with other investors, many abroad.

Good luck to all holders!

Last edited:
•••
"Buying speculative domains were never a secure investment - and they never will be"

Thanks for pointing this out People forget not everybody buys to sell to end users. Some enjoy a roll of the dice

•••
Those two are gone ^
Will do a full scan tonight to confirm buyout.

It could've potentially been a nice sale if I had not forgotten to register it.

Luckily I have a couple of nice ones in the bag, onwards and upwards from here!

Japanese and German companies use hyphened domains. I've been hearing they are "collectables" too.

Happy Hunting

•••
Yeah
when I first came here I did not understand the rejection of hyphenated domains.

To me (German speaking) they are very natural and common and used I my daily writings too.

In my small world they add a lot to readability.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your perspectives @168 and @TDM. It's important to bear in mind that domains play a part in a global market and by no means limited to the US or even the Western world. Do either of you own any L-L.co's?

•••
Have only one .co and that's a N-N.co

•••
Thanks for your perspectives @168 and @TDM. It's important to bear in mind that domains play a part in a global market and by no means limited to the US or even the Western world. Do either of you own any L-L.co's?
Just a fewof NN-NN matching in.co N-N matching in .Tech NN-NN.net
and just for fun N-N.red and NN-NN.red
I don't really know if they will ever sell a total spec :)
Happy Hunting

•••
Yea, lots of people don't consider other markets

•••
Looks like the pace of LLL.co sales are holding steady for the past weeks, with multiple each day at the GoDaddy and NameJet auctions. Believe this bodes well for the L-L.co market as well.

https://namebio.com/?s=AOzQzN0cTO

•••
I am joining the bandwagon. Thanks for the tip! I just purchased the only L-L.co that I found available after some research and I think it is a pretty decent one with a CVCV flow to it.

I own J-O.co

Jackie or anyone else, do you know any of these Chinese, Japanese or German companies that might be interested in buying this domain from me? You can PM me if that's better but I sure would appreciate the help ... I'm still a beginner ;)

Last edited:
•••
I got a lot of domains from your list in the previous thread, and forgot to thank you. Thanks :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back