Dynadot

.club .Club Showcase and Discussion Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
With the recent popularity and domination of the new gTLD registrations in the .Club extension, it's appropriate to get a showcase and discussion thread going for the extension. Use this thread to showcase .Club domains you invested in, Discuss .Club, and point out record breaking .Club sales.

I'll get things started by showing off our new .Club that redirects back to NamePros ::: DomainName.Club ::::

What .Clubs have you guys and gals invested in?
Any great .Club news that others should be aware of?
What are some (Verifiable) mind blowing .club sales you've seen?
How much are you enjoying your new .club?
Know of any developed .Clubs that look cool?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
think missed the boat on the reg....

•••
one .club with a german key. "reklame" = advertisement
reklame.club

•••
think missed the boat on the reg....
I did miss the boat but I'd rather be on dry land than dinghy with a hole in it.

Two guys in a boat sinking...
"What are we gonna do? There's a hole and we're filling with water"
"Don't worry, I'm making another hole for the water to go out of!"

This is for those that invest in one gTLD and rather than take the loss... they invest in others to "hedge".

I am confident that my .club will sell, for at least 10 times my initial buy in.
umad?

You're so confident in ThePinkPony.club that you don't think that someone would take ThePinkPonyClub.com? Can you be so confident that they won't just go for PinkPonySofl.com? That said, at least you have a chance because that is a popular name for an adult club & your expectations aren't too high ($40).

At least you're kind of thinking unlike some of the other numnuts.

•••
I think anything that sells on a subscription basis has great potential in this extension. For instance, credit monitoring services are monthly subscriptions. CreditScore.club is a great domain for this kind of service.

Champagne lover? Sign up on bubbly.club to receive bi-monthly shipments of the latest sparkly wines.

Always wanted to learn a language? Join Lingo.club and you will be able to converse in Italian just in time for the vacation you got a great deal on through your VacationPackages.club membership.

From a business perspective, this extension makes tremendous sense in many applications. Changing "commercial" to "club" even adds value for some names.

I think we need to coin a new term for people who have temporarily lost their objective business senses because they fear a revaluation of their .com portfolios. Perhaps "Com Blindness" would be fitting.

•••
I think anything that sells on a subscription basis has great potential in this extension. For instance, credit monitoring services are monthly subscriptions. CreditScore.club is a great domain for this kind of service.

Champagne lover? Sign up on bubbly.club to receive bi-monthly shipments of the latest sparkly wines.

Always wanted to learn a language? Join Lingo.club and you will be able to converse in Italian just in time for the vacation you got a great deal on through your VacationPackages.club membership.

From a business perspective, this extension makes tremendous sense in many applications. Changing "commercial" to "club" even adds value for some names.

I think we need to coin a new term for people who have temporarily lost their objective business senses because they fear a revaluation of their .com portfolios. Perhaps "Com Blindness" would be fitting.

Anyone can come up with reasons for using something.

Look at the people that are on <Keyword>Club.com and tell me what you see (small groups) and what you don't see (companies of any size).

You think this is the source of fortunes for 100's of .club domains?

Last edited:
•••

Look at the people that are on KeywordClub.com and tell me what you see (small groups) and what you don't see (companies of any size).

Is that the right url? I just see a bunch of Lorem ipsum all over the place.

•••

Look at the people that are on KeywordClub.com and tell me what you see (small groups) and what you don't see (companies of any size).

So you think membership clubs like Sam's, Costco and BJ's are not companies of any size?

Dot club did not invent the membership business model, but their domains are a great fit for it.

•••
Is that the right url? I just see a bunch of Lorem ipsum all over the place.

I meant <keyword>club.com.
www.crabs-club.com
www.decathlon-club.com
www.british-club.com

etc. etc. etc.

soccerclub.com

Most are small. Most real clubs are geo specific PulseOrlandoClub.com and then a lot are better on the .org because a lot of clubs are non-profit orlandrotary.org

So you think membership clubs like Sam's, Costco and BJ's are not companies of any size?
Dot club did not invent the membership business model, but their domains are a great fit for it.

And I'm pretty sure that the established brands have already forked over the cash to get their "reserved" TM names. They are also trading on their brand name... you want to go register a bunch of <brand>.club go right ahead. You want to try and guess what the next big <brand> is be my guest. Chances are slim to none, imho. :)

I would be fairly positive that Sam's Club would rather not have to deal with the headache of a Sams.club - even a redirect.

My point is simple. .club can work but it's a very small market and mostly made up of even smaller groups (clubs)

Ideas,

If I could offer some advice about registering .CLUBs. First think about 1 or 2 word concepts that you can build a business around. Especially if that business has a repeat buying potential (i.e. shaving.club) or a community that you can serve with a blog (i.e. wideawake.club) -- a community of insomniacs. If you do buy a name to sell please list for a fair price on SEDO or Afternic. Consider names in an industry that you know so that you can market those names to the endusers.

Colin
Quoting for the purpose of supporting the above.

Repeat buying potential... true. Shaving came to mind because of dollarshaveclub.com no doubt. How many speculators pulled that name out of the hat? This is a reasonable piece of advice and what William V says.. I'm not saying .club doesn't fit that category- but its going to be a helluva challenge finding a national brand willing to part with large money to make that dot club statement.

A Blog? I've never met a blogger who spend much on their blog. WideAwake.club- what a godawful site that is!

Sell at a fair price? Clearly that's what is going to happen. What is a "fair price"? You're talking to domainers :) And ones that think that a $

•••
I'll leave you to your .club. I don't want to be a troll. :)

Have fun. If you Keep the Faith. Be smart.

•••
I for one appreciate your comments, DU.

•••
Here's an interesting one Slugs.club - a small music group. What I found interesting is that they registered slugs.club but not slugsclub.com. If the .com is available I would recommend grabbing it and pointing your club.com to your name.club, at least for the near term. But it is interesting to see that times are beginning to change.

Colin

Last edited:
•••

One example does not necessarily indicate a trend, Colin Campbell, but I appreciate your willingness to post on Namepros and for your apparent transparency. Your enthusiasm could go a long way in getting the word out about .club.

I do agree that your sample customer ought to nab his/her .com asap (if it isn't already too late).

More registries need to work hard and spend boatloads of money to advertise to the masses (end users) and recognize that domainers should not be the primary target audience because that money will dry up fast, as evidenced by the sad sagas of .mobi and .tel.

Because of the fast release of hundreds of new "g's" in a short period of time, the window of opportunity for registries to make their mark is much smaller than that of even .mobi, .biz, and .tel.

As evidenced by my siggy, I am pretty burned out by the new gTLDs, and I don't think I'm alone.

I have no particular wish for the the new dTLDs to fail -- I have 34 (no .club, though; a bit too narrow in scope for my taste and more of a British phenom), so I would LIKE to see significant successes.

And I wish you well.

:)

•••
mallorcanightlife.club was my purchase. I'm not really confident they will have a good impact in the near future but who knows

•••
Here's an interesting one Slugs.club - a small music group. What I found interesting is that they registered slugs.club but not slugsclub.com. If the .com is available I would recommend grabbing it and pointing your club.com to your name.club, at least for the near term. But it is interesting to see that times are beginning to change.

Colin

They are listed on many sites already. This is just a hobbyist type group so commercial/defensive registrations aren't all that necessary.
They'd take the .co.uk or the org (if they are nonprofit registered) before the .com anyway.

If the name wasn't "free" they wouldn't pay anyone for it, imho.

•••
Eat.club sold for $20,000 at Sedo [not my sale - reported today by Konstantinos Zournas]

"The buyer is myeatclub.com from California. The Eat Club is an online food delivery company that started in 2010. The domain eat.club is already resolving and it is functional.

When i put eat.club into my browser (Chrome), it doesn't resolve. When I visit to www.eat.club, I get an SSL error, "This Connection is Untrusted" warning.
Other .club sales this week via Sedo: Print.club - $3,750, Beard.club - $1,500 (also courtesy of same article from Mr. Zournas - "Eat.club Sells for $20,000 USD At Sedo")

Not a bad week for the clubbers.

•••
When i put eat.club into my browser (Chrome), it doesn't resolve. When I visit to www.eat.club, I get an SSL error, "This Connection is Untrusted" warning.
I get the same with my Firefox browser.

FWIW, defensive registration.

•••

Just thought I'd mention that neither of these have anything to do with the domain itself. The reason eat.club does not resolve is because they have not properly set up their DNS. There is no A record for eat.club. The reason you see that SSL error is because they are trying to use the certificate that is for their myeatclub.com domain.

In other words, their tech needs to get it together. :)

•••
Just thought I'd mention that neither of these have anything to do with the domain itself. The reason eat.club does not resolve is because they have not properly set up their DNS. There is no A record for eat.club. The reason you see that SSL error is because they are trying to use the certificate that is for their myeatclub.com domain.

Duly noted!

Good looking site, but Eat Club? Jeez. (Or should I say, cheese.)

•••

Indeed. Earlier I sent a courtesy message to their support inbox. Personally, I always appreciate it when someone takes the time to reach out and let me know something's not functioning as expected or broken. B-)

•••
My first .club domain
Musicas.club (musicas = musics in Portuguese and in Spanish)

•••
My first .club domain
Musicas.club (musicas = musics in Portuguese and in Spanish)

Musics ?? music i understand but i have never heard anyone use the term musics ……just me perhaps ?

•••
I grabbed Wells.club the other day

•••
Musics ?? music i understand but i have never heard anyone use the term musics ……just me perhaps ?

Hi, Thank you for your reply. The word is "musicas". In spanish or portuguese the word Musica=Music (English) is countable so therefore there is a plural which is Musicas hence Musicas.club.

Cheers

•••
•••
I got the following
Criminology.club
multiple.club
Loveless.club
Widow.club
Gynecology.club
Distributor.club

Not sure what to do, any thoughts?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back