Dynadot

.cc Official .CC Discussion and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
How much are .cc domains worth ? Just wanna know ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Erm, whatever someone's willing to pay...

Had a quick glance at NameBio, for previous sales, and it looks like the bulk are $0-$250- but a big keyword ringtones.cc went for $5000, and a lot of two-character names went for $3000.

•••
Around $25-30 for registration fee if that's what you mean.

•••
No, i mean, example, a LLL.cc, how much is that worth?

•••
A lot less than other TLD's for resale. They are fouth tier behind .com and the GLD's and Major ccTLD's.

They are still valuable though, just not the the same extent. Maybe a good rule of thumb might be that if the .com of it wouldn't sell for at least 5 figures, you probably wouldn't want the .cc.

•••
The problem with .cc is so simple, many premiums are available at registration cost as long as this happens, It is worthless investment.

Remember, the domain name value increases also If an end-user wants it. So we can't rule out valuable .cc domains.

•••
right, there are a lot of premiums out there that its just not worth that much yet. of course, value could go up if you hold it a bit, not necessarily though.

if your LLL is brandable, that might make it worth some more

•••
Lord said:
right, there are a lot of premiums out there that its just not worth that much yet. of course, value could go up if you hold it a bit, not necessarily though.

To the general domain investor, yes. However, it doesn't matter if there are thousands available as long as the end user can't find a suitable alternate domain in his line of business or subject. If com/net/org/info/biz/us are taken and at least one or two are developed, the .cc might have value. If any of those are unregistered, don't bother with the .cc or .ws for that matter. Actually, I would generally not take the .cc if the .ws was unregistered, since the .ws is normally cheaper to hold with average registration and renewal costs.

•••
AdoptableDomains said:
To the general domain investor, yes. However, it doesn't matter if there are thousands available as long as the end user can't find a suitable alternate domain in his line of business or subject. If com/net/org/info/biz/us are taken and at least one or two are developed, the .cc might have value. If any of those are unregistered, don't bother with the .cc or .ws for that matter. Actually, I would generally not take the .cc if the .ws was unregistered, since the .ws is normally cheaper to hold with average registration and renewal costs.

^This is about as much valuable advice as can be packed into a paragraph, IMHO

The point about the difference between the general domainer and the end user perspectives on value is a good one to remember with any exotic tld.

The price is indeed a stumbling block at this stage, but as availability of prime .cc keywords decreases the price will have to come down too - it usually does, at least if it's a market driven tld as .cc seems to be.

If and when LLL.cc availability becomes history, and price has come down to below $10, the future of .cc should be much more predictable as it would then have critical mass: both in terms of evangelical speculators behind it, and in terms of media coverage such as continued reports of high profile sales, to make it mainstream enough for end users and ensure long term viability.

Last edited:
•••
This is really just my personal take/theory on this subject: Keywords such as Poker,Cellphones,Ringtones,Sex, etc. are not included in this theory as they're selling with high values no matter the extension.

It depends on which continent you're looking/asking.
In the USA, where the .com craze is going strong and always will be going strong, not even the country's own extension .US is holding up in value, making a .cc a very difficult undertaking to evaluate.

In Europe on the other hand, where country extensions are strong (see: .uk,de, etc) the general openness towards extensions other than .com is increased. I've seen .cc used quite frequently in Germany and Austria. I'd assume that your end user potential is greater in Europe than in the U.S.

Again, this is just a theory and may very well be wrong. However, i do have a 2 LN.cc domains, hoping for the breakthrough of .CC one day :)

IB

•••
greenline said:
No, i mean, example, a LLL.cc, how much is that worth?
Xxxx Available
So close to reg fee (Except premiums)

•••
I had sold PSP.cc for $9XX via SEDO.
I think it's worth to invest.

•••
kam said:
I had sold PSP.cc for $9XX via SEDO.
I think it's worth to invest.
I said depends on combination :)

•••
.cc Domain i sold about immediatelly after i regged it

I regged Domestic.cc (Domestic credit cards?) and sold 1 day later for $600.

Talk about making a quick buck :)

•••
•••
nice going !
thumbs up man :)

•••
Incredible! Where'd you get the drop info from?

•••
BrandonG said:

I don't think it was dropped, just never been regged before.

•••
•••
Did you sell it to another reseller or an end user?

•••
acronym007 said:
Did you sell it to another reseller or an end user?

Since it is now parked at Sedo i guess a reseller.

•••
Very nice, I've been partial to .cc myself and I've had some luck on it turning around a domain in about 2 months at 10x what I paid for it. Congrats!

I always like to look at the ratios because they tell a better story IMHO, you did very well and it's good news for us .cc fans. :)

•••
WeirdHomer said:
BrandonG said:

I don't think it was dropped, just never been regged before.
There are many prime keywords open in dot-cc. I built a random word generator/checker for .cc and was surprised to see what is available. Please click the link below to browse what's available in .cc

www.urdng.com/Random_Word_Dot-CC.html

Last edited:
•••
Nice sale

Nice reg and sale!

btw; The random word generator is quite cool. I tried it once and it produced praising.cc. That should make cc fans happy :hehe:

Last edited:
•••
where is the cheapest place to reg .cc?

•••
Back