Dynadot

Offer received for 1 domain

NameSilo
Watch

papix77

Established Member
Impact
Hello all,

i would be most grateful if somebody would help me out here.
First off i am new at this domain flipping only last week i started buying domains.
I received many calls and emails from all over the world trying to sell me websites for my domains and offer me useless services (scam) however today an email was in my junk folder which reads:

Hello!
>
> I represent an investor who needs accomodationrental.com for a new project.
>
> Are you still interested in selling this domain?
>
> If so, please reply back and we will negotiate the price and discuss the sale process.
>
> Are you a beginner in domain sales or an experienced seller?
>
> Best Regards,
>
name removed
>
> CEO
>
name removed
>
> UK

to which i replied vaguely to send an offer for my consideration since i cannot make out of it if its a potential scam or genuine.

Another email come within 5 minutes with the following:

"My client offers $20,000. He can send you a check or we can proceed via an escrow service of his choice.

He is a professional investor, so he buys verified domains only in order to avoid all possible risks. It's the first time we are doing business with you. Please email me your appraisal certificate with the trademark verification. I will resend it to my client."

now i am new at this... but the idea of forwarding appraisals and other docs... don't sound convincing.... but is this normal procedure?

Please somebody advice, i am new at this and quite in a bad financial situation, i could really do with a quick sale.

Also to mention.... the domain in question was purchased by me via godaddy on the 26th 06 2015. so would this mean that i have to wait 60 days for the resale?

If somebody could advice i would be mostly grateful

Regards
Dan

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a scam be careful and don't send them anything other than an email to tell them that if they want to put $20,000 into Escrow. com you'll consider it. SEND THEM NOTHING other than that. Best of luck to you.

•••
•••
Hey spiritual.top

You do know that it is against Sedo's parking rules for you to drive traffic towards a parked domain?

You probably need to change that sig.

Hi NP Member Paully,

thx for your reply.
Don't worry, 'driving traffic towards a parked domain' is a complete other thing than what I do.
Promoting the own website, parked or not, is fully allowed and absolute normal ;)
You will find this fact at nearly every signature here.

SEDO itself offers you the possibility, to promote your website (equal if parked or not) at their homepage.

Start promoting your own website (if you have one) visa signature would be more usefull than trying to 'manage some others traffic' ;)

Last edited:
•••
@papix77, don't listen to any advice given to you here. As you said, you are new at domaining, meaning you need to start strong. Reply to the email saying that you are new and you don't know any trustworthy appraisal service. Then they definitely will offer you to use their appraisal service. After they send you an email about their service, wait for few minutes then send them this picture below.

lol! class! many thanks for the advice given and the "certificate"! I am saving the pic for the next troll that will come along :laugh:

•••
Hi NP Member Paully,

thx for your reply.
Don't worry, 'driving traffic towards a parked domain' is a complete other thing than what I do.
Promoting the own website, parked or not, is fully allowed and absolute normal ;)
You will find this fact at nearly every signature here.

SEDO itself offers you the possibility, to promote your website (equal if parked or not) at their homepage.

Start promoting your own website (if you have one) visa signature would be more usefull than trying to 'manage some others traffic' ;)

You are wrong. Sedo allow you to send traffic to the sedo offer page but not the domain name as you are doing. Check the rules.

https://sedo-us1.custhelp.com/app/a...ink-to-my-parked-domain-from-a-website-i-own?

•••
You are wrong. Sedo allow you to send traffic to the sedo offer page but not the domain name as you are doing. Check the rules.

https://sedo-us1.custhelp.com/app/a...ink-to-my-parked-domain-from-a-website-i-own?

Hi NP Member Paully,

thank you for your note / the SEDO link - I have checked that.
As a result I clearly have to say yes, you are right.
It was never my intention to go against some SEDOs rules.

Sp accordingly I took my original, famous, mind blowing and insane exact 63 character premium top new gTLD name toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top already out of the parking programm.
Also my NP nickname / domain name spiritual.top
This means, that now it is fully allowed for me to promote those domain names via my signature / nickname and / or any another ways.

Have a .top day ;)

Last edited:
•••
but how about you all start your own thread instead of hijacking mine?? :'(:'(:'(

•••
but how about you all start your own thread instead of hijacking mine?? :'(:'(:'(

LOL yes sorry papix77. I thought that this thread was finished as you had already been told every conceivable way that the offer you had received was a scam and as you didn't even mention the domain name, there wasn't much chance of anybody else jumping in with a huge offer here, but hey.... as you say.... it's 'your' thread.

•••
SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!
The guy is playing on your "hope"

It is a common scam bro, let it go!

•••
Damn,

I tried to extract some money out of them to cover half the costs of the certificate. They didn't bite and actually got quite angry, haha.

This is not a fair offer and professional don't do business this way. You can take the money and sell to someone else. The certificate will become your property. It's useless for us if you decide to sell to another buyer. On the other hand, if my client does not buy, you will still keep your certificate. It will increase the value of your domain and you will be able to use it to sell to any major investor. That's why this is a responsibility of the seller to pay for it. It's impossible to make good money without small investing in certification and promotion.

•••
•••
any one know AskMySite . com?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back