Watch

LarryDomain

Top Member
Impact
Senario:
1. Got an offer from Bodis for $30k..
2. Responded with acceptance.
3. Hear nothing for 5 days.
4. Offer responds if the price is lowered to $15,000 they can fund it.

What to do????

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congratulations! I was reading the thread. Some comments reminded me of a situation that happened 2 years ago.
Registered Jetski.Shop for $25 the first day of GA.
Next month i had an offer on Sedo for $1.500. I countered with $7.000 :xf.eek:
Finally it was sold for $5.000 (after 1 hour negotiating!)

But i understand strategy gets harder when offer amount does as well, more to loose..

Last edited:
•••
Great news! Escrow just closed and sale is final. I can't release the name but here's some details:

It's a Two word name related to sports and it's less than 10 characters. I acquired it a little over 1 year ago via Go Daddy auction. It's my biggest flip so far percentage wise.

The other good news for me is the other offer came back and accepted the $1300 counter. So I guess this method works too! ;)

Thanks everyone and good luck to you.
Congrats! I had been keeping my eye on this thread hoping for a good outcome.

•••
Congrats Happy that it worked out.

•••
Senario:
1. Got an offer from Bodis for $30k..
2. Responded with acceptance.
3. Hear nothing for 5 days.
4. Offer responds if the price is lowered to $15,000 they can fund it.

What to do???
The absolute best thing to do is sell them an option for $250 to buy the domain for $14750
the option is good for 2 weeks ,if they want to make installments take 5 grand down and the price is 17500 , ive done this myself at lower numbers ,if their serious they will do it ,if not they were full of -hit from the start

•••
Wow, some hope, just when I was about to quit domaining. Congratulations!

•••
Wow, some hope, just when I was about to quit domaining. Congratulations!
When you feel hopeless visit auctions you will see lot of bid and lot of sale. Sometimes it is require to show your domain at the right person and at the right time with right price and thus small sells will boost your hope.

•••
•••
Great news! Escrow just closed and sale is final. I can't release the name but here's some details:

It's a Two word name related to sports and it's less than 10 characters. I acquired it a little over 1 year ago via Go Daddy auction. It's my biggest flip so far percentage wise.

The other good news for me is the other offer came back and accepted the $1300 counter. So I guess this method works too! ;)

Thanks everyone and good luck to you.

So what happend to the 30k sale?

•••
I won't re-negotiate on price after an agreement has been reached.

The buyer has already shown they are not credible by offering $30K and then backing out.
If you now agreed to $15K why would they honor that?

Brad
Exactly this. I know the offer gets us all hot and bothered. But I wouldn't pursue this further. Don't give in to that. You now know your domains value.

•••
Just an update for everyone. It turns out they are using the site for a new crypto currency advisory site. So another sale related to crytocurrency. So far 75% of all my sales have one way or another been related to crypto this year.

Best year so far! I can buy a new toy now ;)

•••
•••
That is the problem with accepting offers straight out... You should have countered a bit higher than $30,000. say $35,000.

Now with the way you QUICKLY accepted their offer as if you were desperate for the money, they felt they could have gotten it much cheaper and that is why they half their offer.

This was what I was trying to explain to many namepros members on my thread few days ago, a scenario I had to prevent by countering their offer.

Not even going to read past this post.

Buyer found out he could of got it cheaper when you accepted right away. You didn't even test the buyer for more (budget could of been $50k). The hardest thing in today's society to learn is patience. Remember not to rush next time. All good though, everyone has done it.

•••
Well I used the truth...
"I talked to my partners and have convinced them that $15 , 00 0 is a fair price. ...."

As you said "I talked to my partners and have convinced them that $15 , 00 0 is a fair price" ?
==> To whom you're referring as "partners"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back