Watch

LarryDomain

Top Member
Impact
Senario:
1. Got an offer from Bodis for $30k..
2. Responded with acceptance.
3. Hear nothing for 5 days.
4. Offer responds if the price is lowered to $15,000 they can fund it.

What to do????

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is okay to accept the first offer, if it is high enough, but there is a certain response that is called for. Not simply, "Yes."

Like what?... OK. The price would normally be higher than your offer. But because I'm running short of funds this month. I'll accept it. <j>

•••
Well I used the truth...
"I talked to my partners and have convinced them that $15 , 00 0 is a fair price. ...."

I have mail them that I don't have money , if they want fee they can take my changeit.info domain for free

Like what?... OK. The price would normally be higher than your offer. But because I'm running short of funds this month. I'll accept it. <j>

•••
Just a side note.. Today I got an offer for another domain for $1000

Since I hand regged it recently.. I tried what you guys suggested.

Countered with $1300

He said no thanks.
:(

•••

Countered with $1300

He said no thanks.
A quick 'No Thanks' for a mere $300 more sounds more like a 'I know that negotiating ploy' domainer inquiry than a real interested party. I wouldn't give in to the $1000 too quickly, and see what happens. If they don't come back in a couple of weeks, maybe then if you feel so. But if someone was willing to offer $1000 off the bat on a recent hand reg!!, it's worth waiting to see what develops. imo.

•••
•••

Countered with $1300

He said no thanks.

$1000 USD offer for a mediocre name
often is the final offer

for a great domain
it means $100K around the corner

•••

Countered with $1300

He said no thanks.

Very likely a fellow domainer. You have an entire year to get a better offer.

•••
Great news! Escrow just closed and sale is final. I can't release the name but here's some details:

It's a Two word name related to sports and it's less than 10 characters. I acquired it a little over 1 year ago via Go Daddy auction. It's my biggest flip so far percentage wise.

The other good news for me is the other offer came back and accepted the $1300 counter. So I guess this method works too! ;)

Thanks everyone and good luck to you.

•••
Great news! Escrow just closed and sale is final. I can't release the name but here's some details:

It's a Two word name related to sports and it's less than 10 characters. I acquired it a little over 1 year ago via Go Daddy auction. It's my biggest flip so far percentage wise.

The other good news for me is the other offer came back and accepted the $1300 counter. So I guess this method works too! ;)

Wow! Both amazing news! Congrats!

•••

Congrats Larry! You're on a roll! Run out and buy yourself a lottery ticket while you're at it!

•••

Great, Congrats and its party time now!... yahhhhh

•••
•••
•••

Do you park all your domains at BODIS with sales page?

•••

Countered with $1300

He said no thanks.

Can you share this name or give some pointers? congratulations on your sales. :xf.cool:

•••
•••
I would like to know what makes your domain name worth 30k? If someone else was selling it, they be lucky to get 100 bucks for it. How are you able to get over 100 bucks for this domain name?

•••
VC's are cheap when it comes to buying things like domain names. I find it hard to believe any of them would offer 15 to 30k right off the bat. It doesn't work that way.

Last edited:
•••
Any updates on this? Are they still signaling they are going to come through with the 15k transaction?

•••
It may be a good idea to research the offering party. Something is not right here. VC's 99% of the time do not offer that kind of money when they make a first offer to buy a domain name.

•••

Congratulations!!! :)

•••

I got a counter offer on my $2.488 USD outbound sales message of $750 USD
which I accepted right away

a few hours later they told me they won't close the sale
and cancel the offer

( at least they told me )

so same day +$750 USD and -$750 USD

( never ever will I accept an offer or counter offer right away )

•••
The integrity of domain sales is a very important thing, so anyone that catches someone shill bidding or using otherwise dishonorable tactics should, for the sake of all of us, ensure you call them out and report to the proper authority for the platform they see it on.
Even if you just have a strong suspicion, it's much better to be safe than sorry, because the detriment caused by these sort of things is almost immeasurable to legitimate sellers/buyers.

•••
Just take the money and be happy with it, as you said the domain were little value to you, 15K still quite big. And as my usuall advice :
35% to reinvest to another premium .com
35% for savings
and the rest to enjoy with your family
Mind you it is more in to accepting the $15k . The OP have to be careful at accepting that $15k, they can further reduce below that amount as soon as the $15k is accepted.
I will prefer the OP to take courage and let them know that they have offered a higher price and ask them to pay the $15 k and close the deal if they are ready and set the buy now to that amount and forget about it.

Good luck

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back