Watch

LarryDomain

Top Member
Impact
Senario:
1. Got an offer from Bodis for $30k..
2. Responded with acceptance.
3. Hear nothing for 5 days.
4. Offer responds if the price is lowered to $15,000 they can fund it.

What to do????

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The other name is most likely priced at 15k. They most likely prefer your domain, but the other price.

If the domain doesn't mean much to you, then you did the right thing. Let it go at 15k. What matters is that you are happy with the price and the return.

Certainly, it is not cool for them to change after agreeing, but it happens. Until a deal is done, it can fall apart. They could see another name, or just change their mind.

I'm glad you made a decision and took action before your potential buyer disappeared.

Best of luck.

•••
Senario:

What to do????

They shopped around and realized they can get a cheaper name. It's totally NOT professional, NOT transparent and scummy on their end to make an offer and not honor it.

Dropping your price will result in a NO SALE. Their certainty to BUY will drop even more....
I would pickup the phone and call them up and ask:
WHY aren't you pulling the trigger on this deal?
WHEN was the last time you spent 30k?
WHO else needs to be involved or can influence this deal?
etc etc until they frigging BUY from YOU!

Be unreasonable!! Close the deal!:xf.grin:

•••
You showed them that they have offered you much amount then the actual cost of domain by accepting offer at first hand. You should countered offer or at least could put some T & C before accepting offer. Eg:- Fast Payment, Escrow fee etc

•••
Came from a VC. They said they were between my name and another.

Just take the money and be happy with it, as you said the domain were little value to you, 15K still quite big. And as my usuall advice :
35% to reinvest to another premium .com
35% for savings
and the rest to enjoy with your family

•••
$30,000 Final. or you can draw a bench mark on $25,000 and insist that you wouldn’t go lower than than

IF THEY OFFERED 30k that means THEY CAN PAY 35K easily.

•••
I hope you close the deal

•••
Like mentioned earlier, the domain had little to no value for me since I paid a little over $100 for it. I didn't want to risk losing the sale. So far this year I've lost several sales due to buyers committing to an amount and later backing out or never responding. Waiting for escrow to close :) xx

•••
I never get such offers out of the blue, nor red, nor green, nor black...... Just take it. With so many tlds, gtlds, cctlds in their reach, they might just never return. Just accept the offer and say bye to them. Hope the escrow gets finalized promptly :)

•••
Senario:

What to do????
Maybe my advice comes a bit too late - but if it is possible, then...

... you should renewww your domain for another year and respond with $60k *
Then ignore them until they make you a newww offer.

* They halved their initial offer, so you double your initial offer, it's easyyy

Last edited:
•••
The domain has little value to me. So the high offer was really odd. Well i accepted the 15k and sent it to escrow. Lets see what happens in a few days.

I didnt want to scare the buyer away cuz theres no way i am finding another buyer for it above $500.

My best wishes for the sale completion. I hope it goes thru. Usually these kind of transactions, very often go south.

•••
Sounds like you have the buyer I just dealt with!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Last edited:
•••
i just waiting to hear the good news :xf.wink:

•••
Senario:

What to do????

Renew domain for 5 years. Redirect to escrow.com with $30k BIN. Don't read or respond to any emails.

•••
Senario:

What to do????

I have dealt with plenty of offers over the years. (Recently sold CrypotoCorp .com for $16.5k)

Personally, I would ignore the $15k and stand your ground on the $30k they originally offered........they want it!! Now is the time to stand your ground. I have done this many times and got 5X a first offer quite often.

They know where you are.....be patient and they will come back when they realise your not a pushover. Good luck. (y)

•••
The domain has little value to me. So the high offer was really odd. Well i accepted the 15k and sent it to escrow. Lets see what happens in a few days.

I didnt want to scare the buyer away cuz theres no way i am finding another buyer for it above $500.

You did right.... the buyer was having second thoughts and you said the domain had little value to you. If the buyer has second thoughts a 15k payday is better than zero.

PLEASE DONT JUMP ON ME FOR SAYING THIS GUYS

I had a situation where I could not get a hold of a domain owner, I made a couple of offers and heard nothing. A year later I sent an anonymous offer for 10k and got a response right away. I was honest with the domain holder and told him/her that I had been trying to engage them but the 10k offer was something I only did to evoke a response. In the end we settled and I bought the domain for 1.8k

There are always situations that are beyond the norm and quite honestly even today I kick myself for going to 1.8k because realistically the domain should have been under 1k. Kudos to the domain owner who understood all this and did not walk away from the sale because of pride.

•••
You did good! Hope they buy. Good luck!

•••
You did good! Hope they buy. Good luck!
But they will buy if they interested. If they interested they will buy even if it were countered with more than $15000 but if they feel not interested they will not buy even if it offered $7500. I wish best of luck for the buyer and seller.

•••
I have dealt with plenty of offers over the years. (Recently sold CrypotoCorp .com for $16.5k)

Personally, I would ignore the $15k and stand your ground on the $30k they originally offered........they want it!! Now is the time to stand your ground. I have done this many times and got 5X a first offer quite often.

They know where you are.....be patient and they will come back when they realise your not a pushover. Good luck. (y)

I totally agree. Sometimes it’s better to take control of the situation and realize an initial offer of 30K means they have the money. I hope this goes through for the OP I really do but who’s to say they don’t strong arm the other guy to go lower than 15 K? Hopefully that won’t be the case.

When you give them an inch they take a mile if you let them

•••
I totally agree. Sometimes it’s better to take control of the situation and realize an initial offer of 30K means they have the money. I hope this goes through for the OP I really do but who’s to say they don’t strong arm the other guy to go lower than 15 K? Hopefully that won’t be the case.

When you give them an inch they take a mile if you let them

Yep exactly....I've walked from watered down offers. If you believe in the domain, sometimes you need to do that. If they have value, they will sell.

I've walked from a huge offer.
(The domain is now trademarked by me)

I'm very patient and I have confidence in names I think are strong.

Last edited:
•••
If are not desperate for money then again ask for the $30k.
A more subtle approach would be to try to hit them with a number between 15 - 30 so negotiate $25k and if they still refuse maybe go down to $20k and try to stand your ground there.
Again, check if you are making enough profit to sustain your domain portfolio.

•••
Like mentioned earlier, the domain had little to no value for me since I paid a little over $100 for it. I didn't want to risk losing the sale. So far this year I've lost several sales due to buyers committing to an amount and later backing out or never responding. Waiting for escrow to close :) xx

For the record. I would have done the same as you, in this scenario. I'm holding my breath that the $15K Escrow transaction gets concluded Best of luck.

Last edited:
•••
15k for $100 investment. If you tipped the scales in your favour and the deal goes through, that's a great roi.

Hope it works out for you.

•••
That's how the domain business is, the one you put a value on don't really sell and the ones you have no interest in seems to attract the perfect buyer. I will say play around with them, whatever price they want to settle with... you should be fine with it because you don't really have anything to lose. PLEASE don't allow greed to overshadow good judgment.

•••
PLEASE don't allow greed to overshadow good judgment.

I agree with your statement but only from the other side.

Don't let greed get the better of you and wait for a 30k payout that probably won't happen.
Take the 15k and run.

I would have felt different had the OP not said it was a no value domain.

•••
It is okay to accept the first offer, if it is high enough, but there is a certain response that is called for. Not simply, "Yes."

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back