Dynadot

ns5/ns6 landers allow buyers to search for alternative domains at checkout!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Serious issue, in good company with the BIN price that sometimes doesn't show up and long domain names that don't scale correctly and show up cut in the middle.

Why they don't just use the DAN lander, slap the GoDaddy logo + contact number ?

•••
To be somewhat objective, alternatives show up with ANY search on GoDaddy and many other registrars. Not just on a lander. Do I think its shitty? Yes I do. They don’t care about your name selling just that ANY name sells.

At least at SH or BB you know your competition is at their fingertips and have agreed to it. For GD high commissions you should at least get a dedicated checkout page. Its not right.

•••
To be somewhat objective, alternatives show up with ANY search on GoDaddy and many other registrars. Not just on a lander. Do I think its shitty? Yes I do. They don’t care about your name selling just that ANY name sells.

At least at SH or BB you know your competition is at their fingertips and have agreed to it. For GD high commissions you should at least get a dedicated checkout page. Its not right.

But this search shows up at cart checkout where the buyer is ready to pay? What is the point?

It does not make sense to distract a buyer committing to a $2000 purchase ($400 commision) for $10 alternatives.. it is lose lose sutuation for sellers and Godaddy.

•••
But this search shows up at cart checkout where the buyer is ready to pay? What is the point?

It does not make sense to distract a buyer committing to a $2000 purchase ($400 commision) for $10 alternatives.. it is lose lose sutuation for sellers and Godaddy.

This does not make sense. A Domain Marketplace would choose to lose a $200 commission for the sake of a $10 alternative? Or, even worse, lose both sales, because now one has introduced an element of doubt on any purchase as well. How many folks stop at that point to think about it, figuring they might come back later.
Don't you wonder how many sales have been lost thanks to this practice?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back