NP's 2018 World Cup Thread, Predictions, News and Fun

NameSilo
Watch

johname

Planet FutbolTop Member
Impact
2018-Russia-World-Cup-NP.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Half Time - IRAN vs SPAIN

DgJ9bvfXUAMjGn9.jpg

TIKI TAKA football is so dominating... 71% ball possession in the first half
DgJ_A3uW0AEdsez.jpg

•••
•••
Don't underestimate IRAN. In 2002 they won a particular match. I knew they were good (then, OK it's 16 years ago, so NOW I don't know if they evolved), and I had a booklet with all the matches and results of the rounds for the qualifications. I saw Iran had won their group in the qualifications to go to the WCh.qualification, and I saw that for their 1st match if I remember well, the bettingcompany put them with the odds 9/1 for winning (so they expected them to loose). I couldn't believe my eyes, and I played a ticket "5 results good of 7" (so to win money I had to have 5 x good estimate of "win-draw or loose" of my prediction). And when I came at the place I could bet (not on internet yet I presume) the day after the bettingbookmaker said : What have YOU DONE ? I made a big win, because Iran had won. In this game all the results were miltiplied times "9" of course... because I played Iran as winning one of the 5.

So sometimes it 's clever if betting to read the papers during the tournament (to know who has injuries, the evolution of the matches, etc...) but the rounds beginning a couple of years before the actual tournament can be crucial to learn more about a team.
This year I haven't placded bids though.
Andi don't like playing cycling, tennis, dogs running and horses. With cycling : only 1 can win., Tennis : there are no draws, do never big odds, and dogs running after a fake rabbit : no predictions can be made at all. I even find this for horses also the case, alhough there are papers about the runnings you can consult.But with soccer-tournament you can prepare yourself IMO.

Last edited:
•••
I had both bets hit today, Portugal win and Ronaldo score, there was a prop bet on BetVictor that had Portugal win and Ronaldo score by header that paid 4-1. Ronaldo needs help though, you score 3 goals against a power like Spain it needs to count for a win and to only get a tie not good. If Spain wins 2-0 today they will be in first place on goal differential.

•••
1-0 Spain final. Game 3 in this group going to be really interesting.

•••
•••
Spain win 1-0 with a lucky goal, but it wasn't easy getting past all those players parked in front of the Iran goal posts.

Iran is definitely not easy to beat and is still in the running to qualify... but only if they beat Portugal.

DgJ_0PUX4AAW_3V.jpg

DgJ-gRQXUAAbelH.jpg

•••
•••
Famous footballers as children...
DgKGsGPXkAA0GEi.jpg

•••
•••
So from what I gather...if a favorite team loses, it is because the other team had a LUCKY GOAL?????
Come on GIlsan, you can do better than that....hahahhahahaha

•••
FIFA WORLD CUP BEST SKILLS (OFFICIAL HD)

•••
So from what I gather...if a favorite team loses, it is because the other team had a LUCKY GOAL?????
Come on GIlsan, you can do better than that....hahahhahahaha
What "Lucky Goal" in what game are you talking about?

•••
Spain win 1-0 with a lucky goal, but it wasn't easy getting past all those players parked in front of the Iran goal posts.

Iran is definitely not easy to beat and is still in the running to qualify... but only if they beat Portugal.

You should remember what you post....it is number 183.

•••
Iranian women were allowed into the national stadium in Tehran this evening for the first time since 1979, to watch a screening of the World Cup game against Spain.
DgKfXcHW0AA3wW3.jpg

•••

You should remember what you post....it is number 183.
And you @iowadawg should re-read your post;
"So from what I gather...if a favorite team loses, it is because the other team had a LUCKY GOAL?????
Come on GIlsan, you can do better than that....hahahhahahaha"

The favorite team was Spain... and they did NOT lose the game.
The other team was Iran and they did NOT have a LUCKY GOAL

It was Spain that scored a lucky goal because the ball ricocheted off Diego Costa's leg and went in. That, my friend is a lucky goal in any language.

But that doesn't mean Spain didn't deserve to win the game... far from it. Spain remains one of the favorites to win the World Cup

As soon as I find a video of that "lucky goal" I'll put it up...

•••
Speaking of predictions, any guesses on tomorrows games?
(a) Portugal vs Morocco
(b) Uruguay vs Saudi Arabia
(c) IR Iran vs Spain

Wow!
Predictions has now turned to same as selling domains; you can't be sure of anything until you've completed the sales and money dropped to your purse. Imagine:

Portugal 1:0 Morocco
Iran 1:0 Spain
Uruguay 1:0 Saudi Arabia

And who says there is no Goddess of luck should re-watch Portugal- Morocco match. She wasn't simply on Morocco's side. In fact, she was against Morocco. So many opportunities and no single goal ?!

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Me too... very irritating noise

It killed my excitement for the game, really ....I hope they will ban it (again)....

•••
It killed my excitement for the game, really ....I hope they will ban it (again)....
Apparently some have shown up in Russia, but nothing compared to South Africa. When watching those games on TV we could hear that infernal, non stop noise on the background. All western journalists reporting the S. African games detested them...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back