NP's 2018 World Cup Thread, Predictions, News and Fun

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

johname

Planet FutbolTop Member
Impact
2018-Russia-World-Cup-NP.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
First gaol on Schmeichel for over 600 min.

I hope you are right

Yeah I think they quoted him 39th minute so it was 573 minutes, funny I remember rooting for his Dad at Manchester United.

•••
•••
He was voted the world's best goalkeeper in 92 and 93 and without him we had not become European champs in 1992

Yeah I remember that, to be honest, I did not play here in the U.S. though my high school had a good team. I used to watch Pele when he came here to the Cosmos. But I started watching seriously in the late 80's early 90's and Manchester United was always the English league game on cable so I thought he was great and had a cool look about him so he became my favorite player.

•••
We played football all the time when we were children and we had to chose who we would be and most would be Pele

•••
Schmeichel two big saves as the refs look to be favoring Australia.

•••
•••
•••
Sisto was too erratic, and where Eriksen was in the last 20 minutes?

•••
Eriksen was in the last 20 minutes

Gone - After Ronaldo, he is one of the most dangerous in Europe on free kick just outside the field and then we plays for 90 minutes and does not get a single one, that is not good enough

•••
•••
Gone - After Ronaldo, he is one of the most dangerous in Europe on free kick just outside the field and then we plays for 90 minutes and does not get a single one, that is not good enough

Did you see the last corner kick like 1 minute into stoppage time? Eriksen took it and it was not a great delivery no Dane was close to goal, I would rather someone play it to him short and let him wind up or direct from a better spot on the field.

•••
Did you see the last corner kick like 1 minute into stoppage time? Eriksen took it and it was not a great delivery no Dane was close to goal, I would rather someone play it to him short and let him wind up or direct from a better spot on the field.

You are right - Now we have to get point against France and it will not be easy :xf.frown: (Even though we beat them 2-1 in the final pool match when we became European champions)

•••
South Africa & Shakira's songs are nice. But also 1998 France, I loved it then.

This video includes some non-offical songs I think..

Thanks for sharing
I Agree... Shakira - Waka Waka and Ricky Martin - Allez Allez Allez, are my favorites

•••
You are right - Now we have to get point against France and it will not be easy :xf.frown: (Even though we beat them 2-1 in the final pool match when we became European champions)
If France wins today, they will probably rest some top players against Denmark, so there's a good possibility of a draw...

Group C... so far...
DgOFyqpWAAAKsqk.jpg

•••
If France wins today, they will probably rest some top players against Denmark, so there's a good possibility of a draw...

Or if Peru and France are playing a draw today, Denmark and France can both move on to the next round with another draw (I hope they are not doing a scandal match like between Germany and Austria in 1982)

•••
•••
Or if Peru and France are playing a draw today, Denmark and France can both move on to the next round with another draw (I hope they are not doing a scandal match like between Germany and Austria in 1982)
Yep... you can never rule out the possibility of a scandal. Peru have a "do or die" match today, soooooo....

•••
Mbape taps in for France... A good game so far by both teams!!!
DgObmL0W0AAF62T.jpg

•••

Denmark played well, but the handball could've been avoided, knowing the VAR is watching.

Good luck , can see you're passionate about it.

VAR is changing football.

•••
France 1 - Peru 0

France is through. Congrats.

•••
Argentina v Croatia is next.

Important match.

Enjoy everyone. :xf.smile:

•••
VAR is changing football.
We've had VAR in the Portuguese League for the past year. Generally speaking it's much better and fair than before...

•••
We've had VAR in the Portuguese League for the past year. Generally speaking it's much better and fair than before...

I agree.. it is a good thing.

will be interesting to see how it could impact the finals..

•••
Very hard win by France over Peru...
DgOsl37WkAE5SV3.jpg

DgOu2kTW4AAMvUz.jpg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back