domains Nomad.xyz sells for $49,000 and Swetha posts 8 sales in one day

NameSilo
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

It was a .xyz duel today between Nikul from Hypernames.co and Swetha from DNGear.com. Nikul took the top spot with Nomad.xyz at $49,000. Collective.xyz was right behind at $37,000. nomad.xyz 49,000 USD 2021-12-03 hypernames.co collective.xyz 37,000 USD 2021-12-03​

Continue Reading

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think you have done good research on .xyz. Have you given any further thought about buying them?
I think I'm probably going to end up missing out on them cause I don't understand it. It's a strange world 😜

Why do crypto companies choose such strange words? Maybe I'll never understand but I'll admire the successes of others from afar. ☺️

•••
Prob because substrate.xyz is actually registered (probably a bandwagon reg)

•••
No one bought substrate or skiff surely... for $2,995 each, come off it!!! :tightlyclosedeyes:

To the brainlets... no I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm saying they're awful.

Good work though.
Prob because substrate.xyz is actually registered (probably a bandwagon reg)

•••
What you think that skiff and substrate are strong keywords or something??

There's a difference between being happy for someone and having an objective opinion about some domains. They are not mutually exclusive stances to take.

Last edited:
•••

There's a difference between being happy for someone and having an objective opinion about some domains. They are not mutually exclusive stances to take.
The issue seems to be some who doubt Xyz sales, rather than not liking the domain. Whenever an xyz sale is posted, the naysayers seem to question its validity or the sense of the buyer.

•••
The issue seems to be some who doubt Xyz sales, rather than not liking the domain. Whenever an xyz sale is posted, the naysayers seem to question its validity or the sense of the buyer.
Indeed. My opinion of the name isn't the same of the seller or the buyer. I do however personally see little value in substrate.xyz. I wouldn't be in a rush to buy the same in .com either. But it is what it is...

May the sales continue.

•••

With respect, you're in every xyz thread spreading doubt about the extension, its sales, its unknown future etc.. that you're free to do for sure. But then you claim to be admiring the success of others from afar. Well it really doesn't sound or look like admiration. It makes you sound jealous, & keeping at it will eventually make it look silly & it is trolling in a way, & so you're gonna get dislikes/downvotes.

Last edited:
•••
With respect, you're in every xyz thread spreading doubt about the extension, its sales, its unknown future etc.. that you're free to do for sure. But then you claim to be admiring the success of others from afar. Well it really doesn't sound or look like admiration. It makes you sound jealous, & keeping at it will eventually make it look silly & it is trolling in a way, & so you're gonna get dislikes/downvotes.
Looking silly is surreptitiously downvoting anything that doesn't fit your particular thoughts exactly, being unduly obsequious at every opportunity and worse is giving bad advice or comments that make no sense.

You have overlooked what I have said. Are those words good? the answer is NO! It's quite simple. That's not casting doubt on anything other than those words. If you invest in bad words you have less chance of making money unless you have a lot of them.

You'd have to be a bit stupid to be on a domain forum and not try to hone in what will and won't be good for making a return.

We've been discussing how good and bad words are for domains long before you arrived...

Last edited:
•••
I've just looked up some unusual words to see if they are available in .XYZ:

SERENDIPITY.xyz - registered
ULOTRICHOUS.xyz - registered
XERTZ.xyz - registered
KAKORRHAPHIOPHOBIA.xyz - registered
WINKLEPICKER.xyz - available
TITTYNOPE.xyz - registered
QUIRE.xyz - registered
NUDIUSTERTIAN.xyz - registered
JENTACULAR.xyz - registered
IMPIGNORATE.xyz - available
HALFPACE.xyz - registered
GOBBLEDYGOOK.xyz - registered
AGASTOPIA.xyz - registered
SCRUMPTIOUS.xyz - registered (actually an objectively nice and common word)

It's hard to believe that people registered these names considering how unusual the words are and how few registrations they have commanded in other extensions than .COM. For example KAKORRHAPHIOPHOBIA.xyz is on registered in .COM and .XYZ according to DOTDB.

Is there a correlation between unusual words and .XYZ names that sell? Are those that want .XYZ wanting unusual words on purpose...? All interesting questions that deserve more attention than just an anonymous down vote in my opinion.

•••
Looking silly is surreptitiously downvoting anything that doesn't fit your particular thoughts exactly, being unduly obsequious at every opportunity and worse is giving bad advice or comments that make no sense.

You have overlooked what I have said. Are those words good? the answer is NO! It's quite simple. That's not casting doubt on anything other than those words. If you invest in bad words you have less chance of making money unless you have a lot of them.

You'd have to be a bit stupid to be on a domain forum and not try to hone in what will and won't be good for making a return.

We've been discussing how good and bad words are for domains long before you arrived...
You went through my posts to find dirt? What are you a politician? A kid?

By the way, tagging somebody in that thread was to show him the post before mine made by another troll trying to sell their names in a showcase thread, something he opened a thread about https://www.namepros.com/threads/sa...showcase-threads-really.1257431/#post-8446612 , but I guess trolls don't spot trolling..

The thoughts I offered in those xyz threads may indeed be the wrong ones, at least I can admit it. But I don't go around claiming to be admiring the success of people while everything I write is projecting jealousy, envy & unwillingness to accept new market trends.

Relax, i'm just telling you how your attitude looks to others, don't embarrass yourself that's all.

Last edited:
•••
You went through my posts to find dirt? What are you a politician? A kid?
No, I've had to suffer your comments, I dug them out of my recent memory.

everything I write is projecting jealousy, envy & unwillingness to accept new market trends.

Relax, i'm just telling you how your attitude looks to others, don't embarrass yourself that's all.
My attitude doesn't look like anything of the sort, crying about whether someone thinks a word is bad or good is left to those who are emotionally incontinent.

It seems like you're only activated when it comes to comments that you disagree with, why don't you engage in good faith conversation about the subject instead of responding only to what you perceive to be "troll" comments?

Last edited:
•••
No, I've had to suffer your comments, I dug them out of my recent memory.

My attitude doesn't look like anything of the sort, crying about whether someone thinks a word is bad or good is left to those who are emotionally incontinent.

It seems like you're only activated when it comes to comments that you disagree with, why don't you engage in good faith conversation about the subject instead of responding only to what you perceive "troll" comments?
I try to engage. Sometimes observing quietly leads to a better learning experience. I'm all about good faith.. Are you?

Good talk..

•••

XERTZ.xyz - registered
QUIRE.xyz - registered

It's hard to believe that people registered these names considering how unusual the words are and how few registrations they have commanded in other extensions than .COM. For example KAKORRHAPHIOPHOBIA.xyz is on registered in .COM and .XYZ according to DOTDB.

Is there a correlation between unusual words and .XYZ names that sell? Are those that want .XYZ wanting unusual words on purpose...? All interesting questions that deserve more attention than just an anonymous down vote in my opinion.

And yet Metaverxe.xyz, Blokcoin.xyz Zerofees.xyz, Algoblock.xyz, Algobet.xyz, Algochain.xyz, Chainflo.xyz, DeFiBloc.xyz, Blockfuel.xyz, Superwave.xyz, Savanna.xyz, Entranced.xyz, Portably.xyz and FullyVaxxed.xyz are all available to reg.

Not everyone is buying metacrappycoinhorsedomain.xyz

•••
I try to engage. Sometimes observing quietly leads to a better learning experience. I'm all about good faith.. Are you?

Good talk..
Good faith isn't denigrating others that hold an opposing opinion. One negative comment about .XYZ and it's as if you've been shot in the heart. Nobody needs you running protection for them because the nasty man suggested that a few words in a domain aren't that good.

Are you surprised every time when decent sales in an obscure extension are announced that it leads to conversation about it's investment efficacy? Don't be. Cause you're on a FORUM about DOMAIN NAME INVESTING. Sheesh. 😵‍💫

And yet Metaverxe.xyz, Blokcoin.xyz Zerofees.xyz, Algoblock.xyz, Algobet.xyz, Algochain.xyz, Chainflo.xyz, DeFiBloc.xyz, Blockfuel.xyz, Superwave.xyz, Savanna.xyz, Entranced.xyz, Portably.xyz and FullyVaxxed.xyz are all available to reg.

Not everyone is buying metacrappycoinhorsedomain.xyz
Yeah, I'd rather own Portably or Savanna than all of the ones I mentioned or the two obscure ones announced here, which leaves me baffled. It shows what I'm saying really.... if the ones that sell are the uncommon words and the common words don't sell then the equation is hard to make work to realise a return. If there is some correlation between particular obscure words selling well in XYZ then that's interesting, the question is which words can one choose to make wise investments?

•••
Good faith isn't denigrating others that hold an opposing opinion. One negative comment about .XYZ and it's as if you've been shot in the heart. Nobody needs you running protection for them because the nasty man suggested that a few words in a domain aren't that good.

Are you surprised every time when decent sales in an obscure extension are announced that it leads to conversation about it's investment efficacy? Don't be. Cause you're on a FORUM about DOMAIN NAME INVESTING. Sheesh. 😵‍💫

Yeah, I'd rather own Portably or Savanna than all of the ones I mentioned or the two obscure ones announced here, which leaves me baffled. It shows what I'm saying really.... if the ones that sell are the uncommon words and the common words don't sell then the equation is hard to make work to realise a return. If there is some correlation between particular obscure words selling well in XYZ then that's interesting, the question is which words can one choose to make wise investments?

Maybe @TldInvestors can run a report on daily Xyz regs /auction sales and then do a side by side comparison with @DNGear names.

•••

Plus Offshored.xyz, SaudiOil.xyz, Metavnft.xyz, Artresidency.xyz, Artassets.xyz, GoVegas.xyz, Bahamian.xyz, GulfBlock.xyz, Sumeria.xyz, Saharan.xyz, Veneti.xyz, Floorcoin.xyz Bidprice.xyz, Priceup.xyz, Payhub.xyz, Diagonally.xyz, Mtdna.xyz, and Nucleic.xyz

•••

XERTZ.xyz - registered
QUIRE.xyz - registered

Those are some terrible names, I wonder if they were someone just registering every dictionary word available using a script and paying .01 or .99 a registration. I mean who is doing their pitch on Shark Tank saying, "hey Mark Cuban find us at Tittynope.xyz."

•••
Those are some terrible names, I wonder if they were someone just registering every dictionary word available using a script and paying .01 or .99 a registration. I mean who is doing their pitch on Shark Tank saying, "hey Mark Cuban find us at Tittynope.xyz."
It seems that every domain report for .XYZ is a terrible word which is interesting. I think it's quite a strange market to be operating in, the normal rules don't appear to apply which I'm the first to admit.

•••
@MadAboutDomains is right, those words are bullshit, but we all see there is some great sales in XYZ, so great for sellers.

SUBSTRATE in .com, .org and .net is for sale so I guess the buyer wanted that word and .xyz seemed priced better than old school TLDs, so he went with XYZ. OR this is the same guy that have this word registered in COM, so he wanna have it in all extensions. Anyway, who cares.

•••
It seems that every domain report for .XYZ is a terrible word which is interesting. I think it's quite a strange market to be operating in, the normal rules don't appear to apply which I'm the first to admit.
Well there have been many solid keywords, Drop, Stir, Beacon, etc... I think the key point in this whole run is that it's a few niches, like I don't understand paying what someone paid wholesale for watches.xyz https://namebio.com/watches.xyz because don't think watch makers or retailers are into .xyz.

This is a crypto, Web3 kind of energy, of course it can be used for any topic but they are the one's paying up and paying great prices for .xyz domain names.

Personally I would not spend $4,888 for VRcade.io either but someone did.

Last edited:
•••
Well there have been many solid keywords, Drop, Stir, Beacon, etc... I think the key point in this whole run is that it's a few niches, like I don't understand paying what someone paid wholesale for watches.xyz https://namebio.com/watches.xyz because don't think watch makers or retailers are into .xyz.

This is a crypto, Web3 kind of energy, of course it can be used for any topic but they are the one's paying up and paying great prices for .xyz domain names.

Personally I would not spend $4,888 for VRcade.io either but someone did.
When king.xyz only sells for $765 USD and date.xyz for $820 and teen.xyz for $455 but stir.xyz sells for $39,888 you know you're working in a different paradigm.

•••
When king.xyz only sells for $765 USD and date.xyz for $820 and teen.xyz for $455 but stir.xyz sells for $39,888 you know you're working in a different paradigm.
Yeah I agree I thought King would go for a lot, I mean that can be used for a crypto company, that one was a surprise to me.

The 10 highest 2021 sales

quest.xyz69,888 USD2021-09-16DNGear.com
alliance.xyz50,000 USD2021-11-18DNGear.com
nomad.xyz49,000 USD2021-12-03hypernames.co
stir.xyz39,888 USD2021-10-27DNGear.com
collective.xyz37,000 USD2021-12-03DNGear.com
squid.xyz34,888 USD2021-10-12DNGear.com
drop.xyz30,000 USD2021-07-16DAN.com
agora.xyz27,888 USD2021-09-22DNGear.com
flip.xyz27,888 USD2021-09-09DNGear.com
arcade.xyz25,500 USD2021-09-01DNGear.com

•••
@MadAboutDomains is right, those words are bullshit, but we all see there is some great sales in XYZ, so great for sellers.

SUBSTRATE in .com, .org and .net is for sale so I guess the buyer wanted that word and .xyz seemed priced better than old school TLDs, so he went with XYZ. OR this is the same guy that have this word registered in COM, so he wanna have it in all extensions. Anyway, who cares.
Who care ? I think you care the most ;)
Because after saying everything in your message, you end it by saying "Anyways Who Cares" hehehe that's funny :))

•••
Who care ? I think you care the most ;)
Because after saying everything in your message, you end it by saying "Anyways Who Cares" hehehe that's funny :))
OK, I care, you won

•••
Back