Not open for further replies.
  1. np888

np888 Account Closed (Disallowed)

No-vi.de novi.sale novi.today

What you think of these domains?

Tell me your opinion.
    What price should be asked.
    Where should be outbounded.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Makise

Makise Country Manager RU/UA/BY/KZ Epik.com Staff VIP

IMHO.

Dont buy domains with Facebook brands and TM.

3. noneisnone

noneisnone Upgraded Member Blue Account

a city can be trademarked ?
    i think there is no trademark issue here op

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  4. gilescoley

gilescoley Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

$0...Dont waste your time with Novi domains, especially with weak extensions like those gtlds

You will have TM issues as well

5. noneisnone

7 active trademarks for the word 'novi' it is also a city care to explain why would op run into trademark issues ? it would be a trademark issue if it was a developed site profiting off Facebook brand no ?
    http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showf...h&a_search=Submit+Query&a_search=Submit+Query

6. Makise

https://domaingang.com/domain-news/novi-domains-mark-zuckerberg-has-a-message-for-all-domainers/

[​IMG]

7. noneisnone

8. Makise

I think Facebook will not require your domain if you have created a simple site with city news.

9. noneisnone

my point is not everything is a trademark issue i can register any one word in the dictionary and find 10 active trademarks for it doesn't mean it will cause me trouble If I'm not profiting of another company brand/name Thats all

10. gilescoley

Its all about bad faith and usage. Why do you think the OP registered the domains, you think we wants to start Novi Plumbing, no I dont think so...he registered them the day after Facebook changed their Libra to Novi....cmon, this is not hard to understand.

You need to understand a bit more about TMs, have a read through the legal section. Just because its a town name means nothing, what about a fruit, surely you cant trademark a fruit, well Apple did...or what about an animal, Caterpillar did that too. If you wanted to start Apple Wineries, Im sure you would be ok, but the OP did not register these names except to infringe on a TM. Even parking them is infringing beause you are benefitting financially from parking revenue from a company's TM. Its just best to stay away from company products unless you really plan on opening Novi Laundromats, and yes Novi.Today as a news site would be fine

11. noneisnone

you came to the conclusion that op registered the name to infringe on facebook TM what if he was trying to infringe on Naked Poppy Holdings, Inc "Manufacturing process consulting" business ? my point is before facebook picked up the name there was other trademarks for that word and op is not referring to facebook in his sale

anyway he should take your advice i personally never dealt with a trademark issue i was giving my thoughts not from a legal stand point but a common sense one

12. gilescoley

The day after Facebook changed their product name, the day after 2 or 3 other Novi threads started, cmon, we all know whats going on here. Im sure the OP would be the first to admit it.

13. NameShiba

NameShiba Top Contributor VIP

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Page Status:
Not open for further replies.
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice