IT.COM

No one here was nice enough to suggest a title change.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

pteracuda

Established Member
Impact
What's up with all the new spam? I've been with namesilo for some time now and all the sudden I'm getting spam phone calls for domain services and also getting emails.

I just purchased a new domain with privacy even and the next day someone was contacting me through the privacy email.... If the domain is privately registered, how are these scammers immediately getting access to my information?

I know the company is making changes but this seems to be in the wrong direction. All the sudden during Christmas 2019 and the beginning of 2020, I've been harassed by emails and phone calls that NEVER happened before.

It seems like Namesilo's protecting whatever person is doing this as I tried to reach out to contact the CEO office and when I asked for information I was ignored and blocked from support, after of course the person kept answering anything but my question.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Namesilo is great...I never have problem with them...I meet similar issue as well.. someone send email suggest me submit the new regged names to search engine after I have .com been regged...but I have no reason blame namesilo...as it aslo happen while I use others like NC/GD/DD...etc

•••
@NameDeck There's more to the story because you didn't really read it to begin with

•••
NameSilo has been acquired for $9.5 million plus earnouts. A Canadian investment firm has entered into an agreement to acquire domain name registrar NameSilo for $9.5 million plus undisclosed earnouts. The acquirer, Brisio Innovations, is a publicly traded penny stock on the alternative Canadian Securities Exchange.Mar 9, 2018
Investment firm to acquire domain name registrar NameSilo ...

•••
•••
A lot of people who are keyboard cowboys do so by having the luxury of using a made up name, a VPN and a host of other things to hide their identity. I would say to the OP you are putting yourself in an actionable position, you are accusing a company of fraud, who does know who you are they have your real details so it would not be hard to find you and take legal action against you.

There are many customers and potential customers of theirs that frequent Namepros, they could prove damages rather easily in my layman's opinion.

Your Right to Sue: What Constitutes Defamation?

Defamation is an intentional false communication that harms the reputation of a person in the eyes of the public. In legal jargon, a plaintiff asserting a claim for defamation must allege and prove that the defendant made false, defamatory statements of or concerning the plaintiff, which statements were published to a third person and caused injury to the plaintiff's reputation. The two types of defamation are slander, which is defamation involving an oral communication, and libel, which is defamation expressed by print, writing, pictures, or signs.

The defamatory words must be communicated to some person or entity other than the defamed person or business. For example, if someone sends an e-mail or a private Facebook message to you or your business without copying anyone else or posting it so that others can see it, it does not constitute defamation, even if it is false.

If the slander or libel consists of statements about your business or profession and the words are defamatory by themselves, without further explanation, it is considered defamation "per se." That means you do not need to prove in court that you or your business were damaged by the defamation; such damages are presumed. If the defamation is not "per se," you would need to prove that the defamation caused you an actual monetary or economic loss.

https://www.wardandsmith.com/articles/internet-libel-legal-recourse-anonymous-business-defamation

1) No one likes spam so being upset is understood
2) There seems to be some issue of why don't you idiots believe me?
A) let's look at that, many people here do business with NameSilo and have no problem, (that does not make them always right or perfect as a registrar) The op has little history here, so it should not be incredulous to hear people believe NameSilo over the OP.
B) What was the desired outcome of coming here, people take their time to try to leave some info or guidance, and they are called idiots, retarded and moron to name a few, now to the mods credit they are deleting posts here that were out of line, so new readers might not see some words.
C) Namepros is not magic land, a company not telling you what you want to hear or blocking you or ignoring you does not change by coming to Namepros.
The community can help when someone presents screenshots and info that makes the company look bad. But still a company is going to run their business as they see, not as Namepros sees.

3) What was the question hopefully it can be posted here, thee 2 + 2 question and then hopefully @namesilo can answer it here. I would appreciate but certainly not entitled to an answer on whether or not @namesilo you told this person they would get contacted by the CEO.

•••
What I should be mad about is this, I'm getting calls about car insurance, business services, emails too, and it is what you would call spam, yet when I go to support and am forced to copy and paste a question repeatedly after it's ignored, I am told that I am spamming.

It shouldn't be so unreal that a CEO has an office or a phone even that he himself does business with, if I'm wasting his time at that point let him tell me, even an email is efficient.

After a payment processor change, me getting spammed suddenly, and me getting ignored in detail within the chat, YES after this I feel as if something has been sold out. I don't know what, sorry I was kicked out of what would be support and forced to look elsewhere for answers, but to me it's just odd, and may seem normal to you guys (you're domainers and advertise) and even still there's lists being put out and stuff like that which I know, but I didn't get those answers until later in email being told I think in the same sentence that they did not know how spammers do it, then support email described to me how spammers do what they do...... they said they didn't know then told me in the email how.

And they're saying I spammed. I'm the one getting the calls and emails.

•••
Here I am being looked at as you say a keyboard cowboy, what would be some vigilante...

The reality is I looked for support with them and was forced to look elsewhere because I couldn't get support from them. When you're looking for answers and keep getting calls about your business listings and car insurance, and still can't get answers but keep getting calls after days of asking them to stop calling... I'm sorry but that's ridiculous.

Instead of getting support from Namesilo to my specifics, instead Namesilo publicly comes here to thank people for educating me, when the reality is they failed to do so in the first place by ignoring my detailed questions... yes they did try to answer at first, but ignoring the specified details doesn't give me any answers and gives me no direction either. I come to support for support, and I come here to see how others come to see Namesilo recently also.

About 1/3 of the posts from the community here seems to think it's cool to want to try to make you feel ignorant about what you're doing instead of trying to help out by giving advice... like yes I see you're advice but it also comes with some sort of blame of how it's my fault of something like, I don't know they can't do anything about the spam (when I know). Some people did try to just help but a lot of this I already knew that they said, and they didn't come off as this is my fault because of it.

They didn't come off as saying looking the guys getting spammed but he spammed us. They didn't come off as I know more and you should too. Yet I'm the bad guy, because I was treated badly, and didn't come here to be treated badly, but obviously there are those who want to be known.

Last edited:
•••
Some of yall just seem mad I posted more than you today, like for real for yall to be helping you come off real strong to be telling me stuff I already know.

•••
I've never been spammed with this company, ever, until recently, and yet people here think somehow the CEO of the company shouldn't care even. I'm sorry but that's pathetic. I promote this company all over, so yes for this to be happening to me it is a problem when the general consensus the people share about the company that support the company, shows that it's okay the CEO is some mystery man who can't be contacted even when a customer has lost trust in the company.

When your company's followers think that the CEO shouldn't be concerned or even contacted or his name revealed by the company, there's something really creepy going on there. If there's damages done, it's probably because you keep followers like this and have gotten greedy. Just my opinion there, but I've never had a problem ever asking who the CEO of a company is (they do change from time to time) except with Namesilo.

Hiding someone like that and your followers believing that a CEO shouldn't run his own business even, again just creepy to me.

•••
Let me tell you another true story:
years ago when I was running a local BBS, there was this 9 year old kid who demanded unlimited access (at the time I had 3 modems and every users gets metered for 3 hours a day). After I refused his request, he became angry and threatened to "hack" my server because "after all the work and promotions he has done for the BBS" he deserved special status. By chance, this kid was sitting at next table at a local restaurant from me, so I told his dad what he did.

Back to the subject. Could NameSilo handle it better? Sure, NameSilo could have explained that spam is a universal problem for everyone (maybe they did, I don't know), and looks like NameSilo does not offer spam filtering directly. Whois privacy will help mitigate some of the problems, but may not completely.

There is a difference how companies operate if they were small or grew larger. When I was working at a small software company, I often had to go above and beyond our offerings; I had to go to clients to clean viruses and malware to make our software perform as advertised. Customers blamed whoever they can get hold of, or whoever can fix their problems. My customers were lucky that I was able to fix their slow computers for all their software, not just ours. When I was with large companies, we tell customers it was not our problem and not our responsibilities.

So since NameSilo was bought in 2018 by an investment firm, its CEO probably has nothing to do with the day-to-day operations. The original CEO is probably retired and don't care anymore. Demanding a response from its CEO is just barking at the wrong tree.

Last edited:
•••
I have domains that never ever received an unsolicited mail, some get slammed all the time. Sometimes it starts right away, sometimes after a transfer. Sometimes not untill after a couple of years have passed.

The registrar is not to blame!

Since you claim NS is bashing you by email, please provide us with a screen as this is out of character for NS. To be honest, the only one bashing anybody up to this point seems to be you.
Spammers suck

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back