Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Marri

Alphabet.companyTop Member
Impact
bad.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

Please carefully review the NamePros rules posted below.

6.1.9. Do not mention or post any external links in sales listings except in the External Domain and Website Sales, Adult Advertising and External Sales, or Promotional sections. Links to content on NamePros will be considered external links if they appear to be an intermediary to bypass this rule (e.g., never link to a second thread that promotes an external website).

6.1.13. Transparency: All details (e.g., restrictions) regarding a deal or sales listing that are uncommon, specialized, or outside of the industry norms must be clearly defined, transparent (e.g., shown in the public listing), and expressed upfront. No hidden fees may be assessed on a deal or sales listing by either party.

6.1.23. Transactions must be carried out on NamePros.com via public or direct messages, otherwise, NamePros staff will be unable to assist with any problems that may arise. Conversations transitioning to off-site mediums, such as email, cannot be regulated by NamePros staff. Rule 6.2.13 applies.

It appears your account has been notified 9 times concerning external sales (emails in the original post) in the last year.
Three of these infractions (issued by more than one moderator) are regarding posting external sales outside of the allowed forum. If I would have issued the infraction required for the 4th external advertising your account would've auto closed due to infraction points and your account would have 0% access to NamePros.

I issued the restriction for 3 months of posts and threads approval instead so your account could still have access NamePros.

Thank you for understanding.

•••
•••
Hello,

Please carefully review the NamePros rules posted below.

6.1.9. Do not mention or post any external links in sales listings except in the External Domain and Website Sales, Adult Advertising and External Sales, or Promotional sections. Links to content on NamePros will be considered external links if they appear to be an intermediary to bypass this rule (e.g., never link to a second thread that promotes an external website).

But every thread here here: forums/web-hosting.44/ contains external links.

I only question this because I was going to post a thread with external links soon but, this has thrown me.

Further to this, how can you punish this user but not the others in the stated category. Unless I'm missing something?

•••
Further to this, how can you punish this user but not the others in the stated category. Unless I'm missing something?

Ironically .. for the most part, for at least the last couple of years, NamePros admin and moderators don't actually participate in the forum. So they rely mostly on actual members to report problems. If there are 4 posts/threads with the same problem, but only one of them is reported, then there is a very high likelihood that the other 3 will not have any action taken on them.

I'm not saying that's a good thing. In fact I've repeatedly said it's one of the biggest problems with NamePros and that ultimately it feels like more of a business than a community. But hopefully that at least explains the lack of consistency when it comes to moderation .. bottom line, unless someone reports an infraction, there's not a strong likelihood it will be seen.

•••
@Ategy is right:

But every thread here here: forums/web-hosting.44/ contains external links.
It may make sense for us to revisit the rule and reconsider whether it should be amended or removed, but at the moment, rule 6.1.9 applies.

I only question this because I was going to post a thread with external links soon but, this has thrown me.
Your thread can be created in one of the following sections:

We hope that helps.

For additional help, please contact us.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back