IT.COM

domains NIXI launched 29 new domain name extensions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Recently, National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) had launched the following 29 new domain name extensions (new extensions).

5g.in
6g.in
Ai.in
Am.in
Bihar.in
Biz.in
Business.in
Ca.in
Cn.in
Com.in
Coop.in
Cs.in
Delhi.in
Dr.in
Er.in
Gujarat.in
Info.in
Int.in
Internet.in
Io.in
Me.in
Pg.in
Post.in
Pro.in
Travel.in
Tv.in
Uk.in
Up.in
Us.in

in-nixi.png

.... Currently, new domain extensions of NIXI are not available on all domain registrar sites except two domain registrars. It is not available on one of the popular domain registration site GoDaddy.com at the time of publishing this article. But it can be registered by domain registrar based on your personal request (via backend).

Read more @ Linkedin: Part 1 | Part 2 ) - (NIXI) (Registry IN)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Along with the various IDN they have in India it's a real mess and will devalue the current .in ,.co.in (Which is already on the rocks).
Not many left now thank goodness.

•••
What a strange thing for them to have done. I see what concerns one may have regarding trademark protection.

•••
I never believed in .in extension. And NOW everyone can join me peacefully.
NIXI (or whatever it was earlier) has always been a notorious registry. Insane rules that do not make sense at least to domain investors has lead to poor adoptation of .in
I remember they did not release .in for a long time. I think only .co.in was allowed initially then .in came into market.

ALL good/oneword .in domains were already hoarded by big sharks, most of them never sold and hence never released in open market.
This resulted in startups in india adopting .com and .in never became a thing in India.
More choices is always bad for domainers.

I will say it will slightly strengthen the value of .in however.

And .co.in will become almost meaningless.
Conclusion: .com will rule even more in India in the future

•••
NIXI don't just help scammers start a new chapter, moving to a new extensions, they help them do it "the right way". IMO

Regards

•••
Back