Nice big broker offer on a .ca

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
rule_violation

Contacted by broker out of the blue
I paid pretty good money for this one and I was really not looking to sell it but it's a solid offer.

It's about a 110% profit margin in a few months and according to all the rules of domaining I should be selling it.

A part of me thinks this one could be a bigger payday if I hang on to it.

Any feedback from my .ca friends?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Probably a new domain name registrar wants to brand as rule_violation. I would take the money fwiw. A quick turnover in domains is hard to come by.

•••
Negotiate. Come back at 180% - if he's still talking after that you know he'll buy.

•••
I personally would counter back. If he doesn’t go any higher than your 110% profit then I would still sell it. You possible could get more than your 110% but life is always about the “what if’s”.

•••
@MapleDots are we not buying domains for sale & profit? just book profit and get even better name for that price. counter it and close the deal.

•••
•••
I politely declined and said I am holding on to this domain as an investment. I think a can (I know I can) get a far bigger sale on this domain when the right buyer comes along. They don't make any more two letter domains :xf.laugh:

•••
I politely declined and said I am holding on to this domain as an investment. I think a can (I know I can) get a far bigger sale on this domain when the right buyer comes along. They don't make any more two letter domains :xf.laugh:

u mean u did not counter?

•••
•••
Great name!
Sometimes you just have to go with what your gut tells you.
But you may have missed out on a big payday by not countering imo.
Never know :xf.rolleyes:

Good luck to you with a future sale! :xf.smile:

•••
for 2 letter for sure big company will come again and make better offer, but if I were u I will mention my price, something like $12 millions, or something like that! because if we not mention the price, they have no idea about the price! and its just like playing a games, :xf.grin:

•••
If I have thousands of ca to sell. Then I probably wouldn’t sell this under high five.

•••
•••
so this means you will never know how much more you could have had from them :)

Trust me on this Alcy..... when the time comes this domain will be one of the higher reported sales for a .ca

•••
Didn't realize you only paid $13k for it. Disregard my previous advice, it's a 6 figure name.

•••
Didn't realize you only paid $13k for it. Disregard my previous advice, it's a 6 figure name.

I paid more than that and I just turned down a 110% profit margin so it shows my instincts were correct on this domain.

•••
@dtagr

Picture0018.png

I love your marketing (y) (y) (y)

•••
I paid more than that and I just turned down a 110% profit margin so it shows my instincts were correct on this domain.

NameBio has it at $13k, in which case I was extremely jealous of your purchasing abilities. But it is a 6 figure name. No question. I assumed you had paid more for it.

•••
•••

hmmm I didn't check namebio for it before dtarg mentioned it...

what is the meaning of dn....ca sold for 13k on mapledots.ca in march of this year? im confused.. isn't that yoru site? did you sell this or buy it?

•••
It was purchased by me via the MapleDots platform.

Some of my domains (like this one) were purchased as a long term investment so I did not see the offer as bringing me the value I intended.

•••
It was purchased by me via the MapleDots platform.

Some of my domains (like this one) were purchased as a long term investment so I did not see the offer as bringing me the value I intended.

totally confused... how can you buy other people's domains via your own domain sales site :)

either way, not that anyone is asking you to reveal the pay price if you don't wanna.. but since its all there on namebio... and since you did say thats not what you paid.. and since I am confused... I gotta ask.. what is the meaning of the 13.3k and who paid it to whom for what? :)

cheers

Last edited:
•••
I turned down the offer so I don't feel the need to get into all the particulars of the domain again.

I'm happy to see that the domain caught the attention of a broker but I was pretty direct saying it was not for sale at this time. Same thing as saying come back with a much bigger offer.

•••
I turned down the offer so I don't feel the need to get into all the particulars of the domain again.

I'm happy to see that the domain caught the attention of a broker but I was pretty direct saying it was not for sale at this time. Same thing as saying come back with a much bigger offer.

yep sounds good.
I just tried ot understand the namebio entry for it that was brought up by another member.

hey good luck with the name. I hope you get a nice 6 figure sale on it one day. ciao

•••
I gotta ask.. what is the meaning of the 13.3k and who paid it to whom for what? :)

cheers

I believe the $13.3K is in US funds. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Cheers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back