Dynadot

NHL (National Hockey League) Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I think that sports is a great metaphor for business. But especially the NHL. With the best of 7 format in the post-season it is a game of speed, endurance, skill, and mental fitness. The best teams improve as the post-season progresses and prove they want the Cup the most.

In the 2018/2019 season the Tampa Bay Lightning were the team with the record-tying most wins in a season. They were very impressive, said to have "no weaknesses and a lot of star power". Yet they were beaten in 4 straight games in the first round of the post-season by a wildcard team that barely qualified. Ouch.

Who do you think will be in the Stanley Cup final in 2019?

From what I've seen so far, my prediction is it will be Dallas Stars v Carolina Hurricanes.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The last time these two teams met..this famous Bobby Orr picture was taken..

3-Orr_m.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Here some pregame video to watch..

Will he make a new highlight reel, tonight?

There's no doubt. Marchand is a dirty player. The NHL Player's Association was too lenient on him IMO in those examples. That's why he's not deterred from being a repeat offender.

Also, there should be video review allowed for referees especially when there is an apparent injury. This would deter predators like Marchand and those that fall to the ice too easily to draw penalties. Right now the refs have to make a split-second decision in real-time. It's a tough job in a high-speed game like hockey.

Watching the video just reminded me how local broadcast game commentators in the US drive me nuts. No matter how badly their team is doing in a game or how bad something looks, they minimize it or excuse it. When their team is doing well, they exaggerate.

It's like watching a politician's version of a sports game.

One commentator even gave some advice to Marchand when he said that one has to be subtle when hitting the opponent in the crotch with the stick! But because the puck went by ahead of him he got called for an infraction. Ridiculous.

That's why I always watch the national broadcasts on NHL TV.

Last edited:
•••
Since the media been putting a lot of air time on the #1 line of Boston, not producing.

Figuring since the pressure on them (#1 line) they are going to produce.

Because of that..predicting a Boston win.

A 4 - 2 win...

•••
Game on!

Stanley Cup Final 2019 Game 3

St. Louis Blues v Boston Bruins

Series tied

•••
St. Louis has a lot of problems to fix for the next game after the 7:2 loss. Mainly penalty killing, goal keeping, and defense. 4 goals on 4 shots on 4 power plays for Boston.

•••
•••
Game 3 about to happen soon..
Predicting a St Louis win..4 - 2!!

•••

It better be a St Louis win. Hate to see a one-sided Stanley Cup final. So many teams would love to be in the Blues' position. Come on Blues! Own it.

•••
Game on!

Stanley Cup Final 2019 Game 4

Bruins lead 2 games to 1​

•••
43 seconds into first period..St Louis scores! Had a flashback of Gretzy and his wraparound goals..

•••
Oops..me bad..game 4..prediction stays the same.

•••
Oops..me bad..game 4..prediction stays the same.

Good job! You got it right. St. Louis ties the series with a 4:2 win.

•••
Going by the locals in my neck of the woods..majority of Canadians are watching the NBA finals!

The Toronto Raptors have made it to the finals..first time a Canadian team made the finals and first time a final game was played in a non-USA country!

Best part the Raptors took game one!!

Now the best part is the Raptors took game three. Very commanding win.

Jimmy Kimmel is confident that the Warriors will win, just like the Avengers in the movies:

But that doesn't mean we can't be into both the NBA and the NHL. We can walk and chew gum at the same time, right?

Last edited:
•••
Well..game 5 tonight! My instinct tells me a Boston win 4 - 2!

Hoping my instinct wrong!

Chara playing with a broken jaw..

Last edited:
•••
Game on!

Stanley Cup Final 2019 Game 5

Series tied at 2 games each​

•••
Well..game 5 tonight! My instinct tells me a Boston win 4 - 2!

Hoping my instinct wrong!

Chara playing with a broken jaw..

It seems that the losing team has consistently scored 2 goals in each game.

•••
Interesting game so far. Impressed by the Boston players stopping the shots, which explains why St Louis has such low shots on net..Boston players are stopping them.

Start of the third period soon..score is 1 - 0 for St Louis, judging by the play so far..might be a shutout and or overtime!

Not as confident in my prediction as earlier..

•••
Acciari looks like was tripped by Bozak. No call on play. St. Louis scores second goal.

I think that the refs made the right call. In replay it looks like Acciari took a bit of a dive kicking his left foot up into the air, but it backfired. There wasn't enough contact for such a fall and Bozak was playing the puck, not the player.

But of course, this is in Boston so everyone's going to cry foul.

•••
St. Louis takes the lead 3 games to 2 with the final score of 2:1. They have a chance to win the Stanley Cup at home on Sunday.

Last edited:
•••
Big game tonight...Stanley Cup will be in the arena...meaning should St. Louis win, the cup will be theirs. If they don't, there will be a game seven!

•••
If it goes to game 7, I think Boston will win. St. Louis must play their best game of the season and post-season. This is their moment.

•••
Game on!

Stanley Cup Final 2019 Game 6

St. Louis leads 3 games to 2​

•••
As of this posting.. 1 - 0 Boston
St Louis Must stay out of the penalty box.

•••
Third period is about to start. Score still the same! St Louis has to score on their powerplays, 0 for 4 so far, ( 4 chances and no goals)

•••
Boston Bruins forced game 7 with a commanding 5:1 win. The good news for St. Louis is that Boston has not won back-to-back games in the series and that home ice has not been an advantage for either team (only 2 of the 6 games were won by the home team). But those things may change in game 7. It will come down to endurance and who wants the Cup the most.

•••
Back