Dynadot

NHL (National Hockey League) Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I think that sports is a great metaphor for business. But especially the NHL. With the best of 7 format in the post-season it is a game of speed, endurance, skill, and mental fitness. The best teams improve as the post-season progresses and prove they want the Cup the most.

In the 2018/2019 season the Tampa Bay Lightning were the team with the record-tying most wins in a season. They were very impressive, said to have "no weaknesses and a lot of star power". Yet they were beaten in 4 straight games in the first round of the post-season by a wildcard team that barely qualified. Ouch.

Who do you think will be in the Stanley Cup final in 2019?

From what I've seen so far, my prediction is it will be Dallas Stars v Carolina Hurricanes.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Tomorrow is game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Why such a long wait? Almost forgot NHL isn't over for the season. Hope the ice stays frozen.

Last edited:
•••
Big game tonight..start of the playoffs finals!

Speaking of final..
(NBA) go Raptors go

•••
NHLStanleyCupFinalTVI-1014x570.jpg

Who will lift the Cup over their heads? So far Boston has been the most consistent team.

•••
From last place in January..to appearing in the Stanley Cup finals..St Louis came along way...

•••
From last place in January..to appearing in the Stanley Cup finals..St Louis came along way...

That is true. Hope they win. It is a longer wait for them. Boston also came on fire in the second half of the season. Should be a well fought series.

•••
1 - 0 for St Louis at the end of the first period..It was St. Louis period.

•••
Very strong performance from the Blues in period 1. Clearly they do not want a repeat of game 1 vs San Jose.

Sorry, Jim. As much as I like you, I am with Pam.

•••
St Louis taking some stupid penalties this period..still suprised it is only 2-2 as of this posting..

•••
So St. Louis lost game 1, 4 to 2. But it was an awesome game. They were prepared. Both teams were. The thing with Boston is that they know how to wear teams down. How to get under their opponent's skin. St. Louis has to counter that, and do the same to Boston. They have the size and the skill to do that. However, that is difficult to do to Boston. Hopefully St. Louis can take their game up a notch in game 2.

•••
Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final is about to start.

Do you think that St. Louis can take game 2?

It was a very impressive game 1 on both sides. First half of the game, St. Louis dominated.

It would be awesome if the series would just keep improving with each game. However, it is hard to see the pace being kept up. It is the series of their careers for both team's players. We will see ups and downs.

•••
If St Louis stays out of the penalty box PLUS get more shots on net ( second period last game 3 shots to Bostoon's 18)

They should take it...3 - 2

•••
If St Louis stays out of the penalty box PLUS get more shots on net ( second period last game 3 shots to Bostoon's 18)

Agreed. The Blues had a lot of very positive moments in game 1 that they should build on. Especially getting out of their zone and puck control in the Bruins end. The penalties will kill their momentum and give it to the Bruins.

•••
Yes and Boston has top special teams (penalty and power play) ...

•••
Yes and Boston has top special teams (penalty and power play) ...

True, and they know how to instigate and take many less retaliation penalties. Majority of penalties are retaliation. Just instigate the same guy(s) throughout the game. That seems to be their modus aparendi.

The Blues also have to watch the counter-attacks.

The commentator just mentioned that the Blues have a lot of players over 6 feet and 200 pounds. So they need to use size to their advantage.

Last edited:
•••

Since it is 2 - 2 as of this posting.
My prediction about final score might ne wrong.

•••
It should be 2:0 for the Blues.

The first goal against was on a penalty kill and they tried to be too cute in their passing leaving the zone as the team was changing. Bruins intercepted and 1,2 made a quick wide open shot on the net that the goalie was too late closing the pie hole.

The second goal, they couldn't get the puck out of the zone as the Bruins knocked the puck down.

Mistakes will cost them. Also the Bruins are very good at coming into the Blues' zone very quickly and taking fast shots on goal within 1 or 2 passes.

Again, a penalty cost them a goal.

Whereas, both goals for the Blues was simply hard work coming at the net. Didn't see any mistakes made by the Bruins.

Last edited:
•••
Really surprised no goals in second and third periods...
Overtime..

•••
Great game. 3rd period felt like overtime. Blues have taken it up a notch. Bruins are a tough team to beat.

Who do you pick for the game winner in overtime?

My picks are Ryan O'Reilly for the Blues, or Bergeron for the Bruins.

•••

Looks like your score prediction looks correct. Just depends who gets the winning goal.

•••
Gunnarsson scores! Blues tie the series.

I should've picked an ex-Maple Leaf. Rats.

@briguy, your prediction was correct.

•••
•••
I know there are many Canadians on NamePros. Aren't there more Canadians following the NHL? As well as hockey fans from Boston and St. Louis? Let's hear from all of you. This is an awesome Stanley Cup Final.

•••
I know there are many Canadians on NamePros. Aren't there more Canadians following the NHL? As well as hockey fans from Boston and St. Louis? Let's hear from all of you. This is an awesome Stanley Cup Final.
Going by the locals in my neck of the woods..majority of Canadians are watching the NBA finals!

The Toronto Raptors have made it to the finals..first time a Canadian team made the finals and first time a final game was played in a non-USA country!

Best part the Raptors took game one!!

•••
Going by the locals in my neck of the woods..majority of Canadians are watching the NBA finals!

The Toronto Raptors have made it to the finals..first time a Canadian team made the finals and first time a final game was played in a non-USA country!

Best part the Raptors took game one!!

That make sense. Like with the Blue Jays, Canada only has Raptors that represent the country in a major league dominated by US teams.

Gotta keep up with the NBA finals.

•••
Here some pregame video to watch..

Will he make a new highlight reel, tonight?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back