Dynadot

NHL (National Hockey League) Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I think that sports is a great metaphor for business. But especially the NHL. With the best of 7 format in the post-season it is a game of speed, endurance, skill, and mental fitness. The best teams improve as the post-season progresses and prove they want the Cup the most.

In the 2018/2019 season the Tampa Bay Lightning were the team with the record-tying most wins in a season. They were very impressive, said to have "no weaknesses and a lot of star power". Yet they were beaten in 4 straight games in the first round of the post-season by a wildcard team that barely qualified. Ouch.

Who do you think will be in the Stanley Cup final in 2019?

From what I've seen so far, my prediction is it will be Dallas Stars v Carolina Hurricanes.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Figured it will go seven games, same feeling about Boston/Columbus..

Hope, Dallas Star goalie Bishop didn't get hurt too bad from that slap shot..he is one of the main reasons that Dallas made it to the playoffs.

Me too. Looks like he got hurt on the collarbone after the shot and went down in pain very fast. I don’t know why the refs didn’t whistle that down immediately. Normally they do that when players get hurt on the play. It was an unfair advantage that led to a goal for St. Louis. Looks like that was the turning point in the game.

Last edited:
•••
Me too. Looks like he got hurt on the collarbone after the shot and went down in pain very fast. I don’t know why the refs didn’t whistle that down immediately. Normally they do that when players get hurt on the play. It was an unfair advantage that led to a goal for St. Louis. Looks like that was the turning point in the game.
Generally, the rule is once Dallas got possesion of the puck, then the whistle is blown.
Just like in penalties..

•••
Should be two good games tonight..figuring Boston and Colorado for the win

Okay here my predictions Boston 4 to 3
Colorado 3 to 2

Even really putting myself on the limb..both games in overtime

•••
On now:

Boston Bruins v Columbus Blue Jackets

Boston leads 3 games to 2. Columbus facing elimination.

•••
lol gotta love the columbus arena dj... they are celebrating reversed goals even more than when they score their own lol

its funny

•••

Colorado 3 to 2

Unless the third period is high scoring (as of this posting) my first prediction about score is off..lol

•••

Colorado 3 to 2

Was right about Boston winning..wrong about the scores..wrong about overtime.

Now to watch and hope my Colorado preduction right

•••
On now:

Colorado Avalanche v San Jose Sharks

San Jose leads 3 games to 2. Colorado facing elimination.

•••
Was right about Boston winning..wrong about the scores..wrong about overtime.

Now to watch and hope my Colorado preduction right

Tuukka Rask won the game for Boston. CBJ’s played better. Sad to see them eliminated. The puck didn’t go in for them. But there can only be one winner.

PS: John Tortallela is an awesome coach. You had to listen to this post-game press conference. He did an excellent job lifting CBJ’s to a competitive post-season level.

Last edited:
•••
Who do you think will win the Eastern Conference final:

Boston Bruins or Carolina Hurricanes?

•••
Colorado stays alive and forces game 7. Wow.

•••

Colorado 3 to 2

Was right about Colorado winning...overtime was right but final score was wrong..
Note..lots of overtime game this season so prediction had a high percentage of winning..
Who do you think will win the Eastern Conference final:

Boston Bruins or Carolina Hurricanes?
Hard for me to say, usually have to watch one full game.

Dallas play St. Louis tonight..
Picking St. Louis to win.. score 3-2 in overtime.

hoping @iowadawg (a big Dallas fan doesn't see this)

Note any of my prediction are 50/50 either it will happen or it won't so don't bet (Proline (that what provincial lotto corp calls it in Ontario) ) mainly on my postings lol

•••
Will try to forgive someone for picking the freaking team named after a color!!

GO DALLAS STARS!!!!!

Oh, BOSTON BRUINS....

•••
On now:

St. Louis Blues v Dallas Stars

Series is tied 3-3. Final game 7.

•••
Very tight game (except for shots on net)..

•••
St. Louis Blues win and go to the Western Conference final.

What struck me is how Dallas was late to the game. Until the last minutes of the 3rd period, St. Louis dominated and if it wasn’t for Bishop (Dallas goalie) the game would end in regulation. However, Dallas came alive late in the 3rd period and it took 2 overtimes to decide the game. I feel bad for Bishop. What a goalie!

I was hoping Dallas would win because I have a great Dallas domain. Do you pick teams based on domains you own?

I also own a great San Jose domain, so hopefully they will face St. Louis in the conference final and win. πŸ˜‰

Let’s see what happens tomorrow.

•••
Even though I watched Joe Thornton play OHL for my local team and did great for them and had a awesome NHL career so far..
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Thornton
On a emotional level want San Jose to win tonight..but predicting a Colorado win..

(For comic relief, my score predictions have been wrong Colorado 3-2..and in overtime)

Should be a good game..

•••
Okay, hockey season is over for me.
Try again next season.

•••
On now:

San Jose Sharks v Colorado Avalanche

Series is tied 3-3. Final game 7.

•••
Okay, hockey season is over for me.
Try again next season.

If you like hockey, I think you enjoy the post season even more when your team is not in it. No stress, no anxiety, just pure enjoyment. I know I do. Although I would take the stress and anxiety if my team was playing. Lol.

•••
As of this posting..San Jose 2 to 1..seems the refs are not so lenient as I have been seeing this playoff season..start of second period

•••
There's no way the Stars make it past the Sharks to represent the west.

Sharks advance.

Stars out.

Prediction: Sharks will represent the west this year.

•••
Sharks advance.

Stars out.

Prediction: Sharks will represent the west this year.
Do you think the Sharks will take the cup?

Game was kind of lopsided tonight ..was hoping the "wild card" team would take it but didn't happen..

Tonights game, Hurricanes plays the Bruins ..Bruins are the favorite. Not sure who to predict yet cause it just after midnight here, time to shut her down.

•••
Colorado lost the game because of a bad change. C'mon! Just hop over the fence, don't use the door. The same issue was with Dallas.

A goal was called off because a Colorado player was taking his time leaving the ice. The bench door was just inside the offensive zone (during that period) and made it offside.

The final was 2 for Colorado and 3 for San Jose. It could have been easily the other way around.

Last edited:
•••
Boston versus Carolina..game starting as of this posting! Predicting Boston win!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back