Dynadot

analysis NFTs.com domain name “appraisals” vs. actual transaction price

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NameWorth.com put it at $44,500.

Attachments

• nfts.JPG
    nfts.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 86
•••
Is this finally the death of automated domain name appraisal tools?
Hi

i've also been a critic of bot appraisals ever since they arrived on the scene.

the new domainers have come to depend on them, as they have nothing else to gauge value against.
some even pay subscription fee for usage, thus becoming an "end-user", while trying to learn how to be a reseller.

Congrats to seller!

imo...

•••
NFT.com sold for $2 million last year. This one is just one of those "more dollars than sense" sales.

•••
Estibot values Metaverse dot com at $13,000.

Last edited:
•••
•••
NFT.com sold for $2 million last year. This one is just one of those "more dollars than sense" sales.
Agreed. NFTs.com is not worth $15 million.

•••
I been anti auto appraisals forever and my rants are all over this forum. I suspect a famous registrar put it together to convince domainers or private people to sell their names for lower prices so their sales reps can close more sales.

•••
As reported today by Elliot Silver, the NFTs.com domain name changed hands in a USD $15 million transaction.

I’ve long been a critic of automated appraisal tools. Let’s take a look at how they did valuing the NFTs.com domain name.

(read the article to see how they did)

https://freespeech.com/2022/08/03/nfts-com-domain-name-appraisals-vs-actual-transaction-price/

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Is this finally the death of automated domain name appraisal tools? ⚱️💀⚰️
all two keyword .xyz all valued at $0 each by estibot all bought for reg fee ranging from $1-9 reg fee etc nft reseller nft resellers nft buyers nft flipper nft flipping nft liquidate nft liquidator nft pawnbroker but estibot doesn't recognise the current .xyz trend

•••
It is obviously an acronym:
N - non
F - fungible
T - token or tokens
S - I have no clue about this one :xf.smile:

•••
N - non
F - fungible
T - token or tokens
S - its for the plural form of NFT :)

•••
•••
come on.. appraisals tools have always been dead and useless
... it just takes stupid folk a while to realize it.

•••
While I don't think NFTS.com is worth all of the 15mill it got, I think it makes more commercial sense than NFT.com especially to a platform or marketplace that sells NFTs. Putting it side by side with NFT.com, I think it has a broader appeal than the singular, just like in cars.com vs car.com (in my opinion).

Big congrats to the seller.

•••
While I don't think NFTS.com is worth all of the 15mill it got, I think it makes more commercial sense than NFT.com especially to a platform or marketplace that sells NFTs. Putting it side by side with NFT.com, I think it has a broader appeal than the singular, just like in cars.com vs car.com (in my opinion).

Disagree. Imo NFT is far better. The only difference is the asking price between the 2 sellers.
Shooting for the moon really worked this time!

•••
GoDaddy appraises a domain for $7,598. GoDaddy sells the domain for $15,000,000.
They didn't even give it their highest "Above $25,000" appraisal. :xf.rolleyes:

It just kind of reinforces how valuable automated appraisals are.

This is a good one to point to when a potential buyer brings up automated appraisals.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

I think it is more like Property vs Properties than Car vs Cars personally.

"NFT" is like "Property" and would be more desirable IMO.

Brad

•••
•••
nifties.com still for sale....
:xf.smile:

•••
Now saw.com will show an appraisal value of $15 million for NFTs.com, not $48K like in the article's print screen. I guess they've manually edit it.

At least they are doing something for this one, because the same saw.com is showing that the first ever registered domain symbolics.com (March 15 1985) has a value of only $11k.

Oh, these automatic appraisal tools...

Attachments

• nfts.com value saw.com.jpg
    nfts.com value saw.com.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 68
  • symbolics.com appraisal on saw.com.jpg
    symbolics.com appraisal on saw.com.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
•••
N - non
F - fungible
T - token or tokens
Non F$#@_ing ThingS

•••
NFTs Failed the radio test and does not look good in print compare to NFT

•••
As reported today by Elliot Silver, the NFTs.com domain name changed hands in a USD $15 million transaction.

I’ve long been a critic of automated appraisal tools. Let’s take a look at how they did valuing the NFTs.com domain name.

(read the article to see how they did)

https://freespeech.com/2022/08/03/nfts-com-domain-name-appraisals-vs-actual-transaction-price/

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Is this finally the death of automated domain name appraisal tools? ⚱️💀⚰️
I hope it is the death of appraisal bots. I put meta.com into several. One priced it at somewhere around 20 k.
I entered some of my meta prefixed short tails , and showed some below $100. The appraisal bot is probably run by people that want to snatch domain names from the desperate, or naive. Thanks for posting.

•••
That 15,000,000 or whatever it is after commission sounds good, it passes the radio test and looks great printed on that persons bank account

•••
Unless you are living in the 90s, radio test means nothing. No one gets a web address through a phone call anymore, at least without the letters being spelled out. Most sensible people get them through text messages or through other sites.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back