Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
This is hard to believe.
So I do not believe it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
and even more difficult and hard is to count the zeros without getting confused.. :glasses:

•••
Someone here predicted last December NFTs.com and DAOs.com would emerge as the most expensive domains of 2022...

•••
This is hard to believe.
So I do not believe it.
Crypto ICO's (even the bad ones) can offer 1,000X / 10,000X ROI. No way! I don't believe it!

•••
Crypto ICO's (even the bad ones) can offer 1,000X / 10,000X ROI. No way! I don't believe it!
You took a bet on the appraisal of 8 figure last December, isn't it.

•••
Somebody with deep pockets.
God Bless 'em

•••
You took a bet on the appraisal of 8 figure last December, isn't it.
Didn't officially take any bet. Whoever the guy was didn't step up / arrange anything, the thread shows that. Now he has the benefit of foresight months later, and wants to do the whole "I told you so" like some genius. Yeah, nice one. Regardless, he was right. Nice sale

Last edited:
•••
Crypto ICO's (even the bad ones) can offer 1,000X / 10,000X ROI. No way! I don't believe it

Lottery can offer 1,000,000,000X ROI. Wanna play?

•••
Someone here predicted last December NFTs.com and DAOs.com would emerge as the most expensive domains of 2022...

There are countless predictions, they mean nothing.
I do not believe this sale.

•••
Someone predicted BigCon will go to $10,000,000 a Con last year.

•••
Voice.com for 30m easier to believe?

GoDaddy and Escrow.com were involved in the transaction. The transaction is real.

What is hard to believe is why so many domainers here with good domains price them so low. The sales price of other names do not matter. Each name is on their own. Look at your names, if they are real good, price them extremely high.

The owner of NFTS would be another broke for life domainer if he behaved like most people here.

There are a lot more billionaires today than 5 years ago. You see record breaking real estate and art deals all the time. You know why? Because the prices for those assets are not set by domainers.

Price all your good names really high. Liquidate all your bad names, might be 99% of what you got. Save the renewal money and start buying really good names only, this might mean one or two names a year.

•••
I looked it up,
a Mercedes Benz SLR was sold not long ago for $142 mio.,
and the highest auction price for a painting was $430 mio. (Leonardo da Vinci's Salvador Mundi).

The nfts.com domain goes into this sort of high bid auctions, most likely done by a very/super rich net individual,
rather then by a company which decides based on ROI.

•••
I looked it up,
and the highest auction price for a painting was $430 mio. (Leonardo da Vinci's Salvador Mundi).

The nfts.com domain goes into this sort of high bid auctions, most likely done by a very/super rich net individual,
imagine is those auction houses used an auto appraisal system like some domainers do. The Mercedes would be valued at $1988 and the painting $988

•••
imagine is those auction houses used an auto appraisal system like some domainers do. The Mercedes would be valued at $1988 and the painting $988
:xf.laugh: good point

•••

GoDaddy and Escrow.com were involved in the transaction. The transaction is real.

What is hard to believe is why so many domainers here with good domains price them so low. The sales price of other names do not matter. Each name is on their own. Look at your names, if they are real good, price them extremely high.

The owner of NFTS would be another broke for life domainer if he behaved like most people here.

There are a lot more billionaires today than 5 years ago. You see record breaking real estate and art deals all the time. You know why? Because the prices for those assets are not set by domainers.

Price all your good names really high. Liquidate all your bad names, might be 99% of what you got. Save the renewal money and start buying really good names only, this might mean one or two names a year.

What is ever harder to understand is why Sailor went on BigCon buying binge after the sale.

•••
Did not Sailor bet his firm on BigCon after he sold voice.com?

•••

Also, this is once a in a blue moon kind of sale across the entire industry.

•••
I looked it up,

Lol imagine if DaVinci was alive today and could actually sell his shit himself. Instead he was probably poor back then and drew for fun... and never taste the gross millions his hobbies are netting today

•••
Lol imagine if DaVinci was alive today and could actually sell his shit himself. Instead he was probably poor back then and drew for fun... and never taste the gross millions his hobbies are netting today
He painted for the love the art, rather than for the love of money.

•••
The only thing This sale gives us... is this...
People with money are not here to play games with whos who.. they want .com.

When a business has 2billion if fees genereated the past 2 years or whatever the case... they dont give a damn what the price is... Cryto is a super niche category of domain end users because ... they ... one live ONLY on the internet... and 2 ... A half ass semi crap project with the right launch is gonna raise millions in days ... selling a token that they genereate out of thin air.. my entire life is dedicated to crypto right now ... and im not commenting on crypto at all.. im just saying if someone launches a platform and raises the funds their number 1 first important thing which can be bought outright .. is gonna be their name.. Things like tech plans / dev team / who your cto is all that type of stuff will have the lasting effect on weather or not you will survive the next bull / bear cycle, but im just saying those people have a very large startup. so when someone wants to maybe BE THE MAJOR PLAYER FOR NFTS.. they will spring at the oporitunity to buy the .com... for much more then any other extention/.

•••
I remembered in one Domain Sherpa Show, Michael Cyger asked one of The Sherpa about his Bitcoin Collection. If I not wrong, he said he has 2500 Bitcoins. That is when Bitcoin price was still 200$. That Sherpa indeed a good businessman and really a Domain King..

If he still hold the Bitcoins until now, you can count how much the value now. This Sherpa surely can spend million of dollars to add his domain collections.

Last edited:
•••
I remembered in one Domain Sherpa Show, Michael Cyger asked one of The Sherpa about his Bitcoin Collection. If I not wrong, he said he has 2500 Bitcoins. That is when Bitcoin price was still 200$. That Sherpa indeed a good businessman and really a Domain King..

If he still hold the Bitcoins until now, you can count how much the value now. This Sherpa surely can spend million of dollars to add his domain collections.
exactly now think if that same guy was only buying ONE DOMAIN NAME because he wasnt an investor but instead has been working on an nft platform for a while now and just wanted the perfect name...

•••
•••
Back