IT.COM

purchases NFT.com domain name acquired for USD $2 million

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi George

Thanks for publishing that info

though some might think it's underpriced, just imagine the profit margin, if seller acquired it long before the craze.

and...the type-in traffic could be off the chain on that one!

imo....

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
thought it should be 10M

I concur. This was a steal for the buyer. Excellent deal. Whoohoo! Congrats! :)

If it were for sale today it would indeed fetch MUCH more than 10+ or more specially if sold in ETH.

However this sale took place last winter I believe, many months back, the hype was just getting started then, still a great price for a domain. Yes today no doubt it could fetch more. 1 CRYPTO PUNK # 7523 went for $11.7M at Sotheby's & BAYC..... $2.9M nfts have gone for this....$2M is a ton of money for a domain and probably made a great roi

Today that price would be a freaking STEAL.......... in the world of NFTs for nft.com

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for sharing. Great sale and sure the seller made a big margin. Congratulations

•••
Thank you for sharing. Great sale and sure the seller made a big margin. Congratulations

yes if same seller 2016 NJ auction $50.5K

•••
Great sale, thanks for the info.

•••
•••
•••
Edit

Last edited:
•••
NFT would be responsible for 30% melting of ice of the planet.

•••
•••
i was expecting 8 figures as well, i think it went with the lowest it could go.

You have to remember the NFT market didn't really start exploding til mid to late February. There were trickles of news about it several months before this and a short burst of interest around Aug-Oct of 2020 and some even a few years ago, but based solely on domain registration trends, the first real signs of days where we started seeing 100+/day of regs with NFT in the name started around Feb 16. After this, we all know what happened.

So it must be looked at in context. $2M was probably a very fair price at that specific point in time when they were negotiating the sale. It wasn't really until March/April then when we started seeing this surge reflected in domains sold on the open market like NFTdisplays.com for 13,000, NFT.app for 50,000 etc..

•••
As I just posted on my blog, according to a Canadian securities filing, the NFT.com domain name was acquired for USD $2 million.

https://freespeech.com/2021/09/29/nft-com-domain-name-acquired-for-usd-2-million/
https://web.archive.org/web/20030727001929/http://www.nft.com/

Noorda Family Trust

The Noorda Family Trust was established to provide funding opportunites for a wide-range of needs.

For more information, please contact us at [email protected].

© 2001 NFT, Inc. All rights reserved.
NFT and its logo are registered trademarks of NFT, Inc.

•••
Awesome! Simply, awesome.

Lol, Better name than Voice.com for NFTs.

and $28 million under Voice.com sale price

Samer

•••
You have to remember the NFT market didn't really start exploding til mid to late February. There were trickles of news about it several months before this and a short burst of interest around Aug-Oct of 2020 and some even a few years ago, but based solely on domain registration trends, the first real signs of days where we started seeing 100+/day of regs with NFT in the name started around Feb 16. After this, we all know what happened.

So it must be looked at in context. $2M was probably a very fair price at that specific point in time when they were negotiating the sale. It wasn't really until March/April then when we started seeing this surge reflected in domains sold on the open market like NFTdisplays.com for 13,000, NFT.app for 50,000 etc..
I tend to agree given what I know and what you've just said. 2 million for a 3 letter .com, that's good going... Imho

It's clearly worth a lot more for at least a year until the bubble bursts and everyone's left with worthless jpegs on a redundant Blockchain...

Last edited:
•••
It was bought back in 2016 on Namejet for 50.5k... if it's the same owner that sold it then it's a great ROI.........

Last edited:
•••
NFT would be responsible for 30% melting of ice of the planet.
Perhaps not quite that high, but definitely an environmental concern for the majority who have no interest in crypto.

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps not quite that high, but definitely an environmental concern for the majority who have no interest in crypto.
kinda like people of the 90s that had no interest in the internet. things change though, as, here we are.

•••
kinda like people of the 90s that had no interest in the internet. things change though, as, here we are.
Yeah but the internet was useful to the average person... a monkey with eye shadow and a hat not so much. :woot:

I am just having a laugh, NFTs are a strange beast though.

Last edited:
•••
So he basically valued this domain by NFTs and not the initials or the LLL.com market? That was stupid.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Back