Dynadot

debate NFT artworks are Stupid. The market is Fake. The Hype is Foolish. This "Tulip boom" will bust.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

arjun29

Top Member
Impact
If you don't agree, please prove me wrong.

If you agree, plz add your opinion.

If yoy don't care, plz tell me why.

(I am not refering the actual art as stupid but current economics surrounding the art)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you mean “Dutch Tulips”?

What are “orchid blooms”?

Last edited:
•••
My bad. I forgot the flower. :)

•••
If you don't agree, please prove me wrong.

If you agree, plz add your opinion.

If yoy don't care, plz tell me why.

... sour grapes all over the place.

•••
I tend to agree with OP, though it seems like he’s hating on NFT.

I believe in cryptocurrency tokens defi etc...

But not NFT. NFTs kind of remind me of the Dutch Tulip, but not the btc eth currencies’.
3736E9BC-5048-4E61-888B-C7E4DE755F00.jpeg

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/30/arts/design/nft-bubble.html?smid=em-share

The analogy is made a lot, with NFTs particular

Last edited:
•••
Just another something that people can spend their energy and money on. Good on those that are able to create money our of it. But for most people, it's a trap. Unless you fall in love with your work, purchases (whatever your involvement), and it creates a lasting footprint and sentimental value in your heart.

Lets wait until the initial hype calms down, which is already pretty much upon us. And wait for real usecases. That's what's going to bring real value to NFT's. But for artwork, it's crap.

•••
I think like 99% of the NFT stuff going on is a ridiculous bubble, but the technology itself is interesting and could have future uses.

I am more of a fan of actual scarcity vs artificial scarcity.

The crypto market and NFT market will likely play out like the .COM bubble did. Tons of hype, people throwing irrational money at whatever.

You will have a handful of winners, and the rest will go the way of the dodo bird.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It's really hard to say. Agree with the bubbly stuff, but I think so much of this blockchain is in its infancy if it doesn't drain the earth of it's resources first. Computational power should be harnessing a method of digital renewables of sorts without an environmental impact, else it's just the same cyclical crap wrapped in a different package.

There's no reason why there can't be a "next thing" and will be interesting to look back on some of our adamancy 30 years down the road.

Digital art can be beautiful and just as tedious and time-consuming as the art of olde.

•••
It's really hard to say. Agree with the bubbly stuff, but I think so much of this blockchain is in its infancy if it doesn't drain the earth of it's resources first. Computational power should be harnessing a method of digital renewables of sorts without an environmental impact, else it's just the same cyclical crap wrapped in a different package.

There's no reason why there can't be a "next thing" and will be interesting to look back on some of our adamancy 30 years down the road.

Digital art can be beautiful and just as tedious and time-consuming as the art of olde.

It would really be fitting if the younger generations, who supposedly care so much about the environment, expedite climate change because of the energy demands of crypto.

Greed > Environment.

Crypto is going to have to solve this problem to have a serious future. Some energy demands can not really be avoided like transportation. This energy demand does not exist naturally, it is artificially created.

I still think there will be a handful of winners. There is no future where you go to a grocery store and they accept thousands of currencies. The margins are too low in most fields to deal with the complexity and wild price swings.

Brad

•••
Dreamt: "Uniqueness so neither Quantity nor Quality Affecteth"

•••
The first edition babe Ruth card looks corny

209242_a9fe8eb2335be004e44c2b7c510863c2.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210603-212517.png
    Screenshot_20210603-212517.png
    453.5 KB · Views: 154
•••
Now NFT Art make some sense:

•••
Now NFT Art make some sense:
Neat.. so next time someone asks me "Whatcha doin?" and I respond "Nothing. It's an NFT.", basically they owe me 18k. This is going to be huge.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hello Kitty NFTs!
@ParisHilton
"HOPE is Something you bought off of Charity"

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back