IT.COM

Newbie Looking for Advice to sell Portfolio of 300 Domains!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MauiMike

Impact
Aloha, This week I am going to start listing my Domain portfolio for the first time. Looking for advice on what services anyone might recommend, and the best places to get the best education to successfully start selling my portfolio! Mahalo for any guidance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Reading this forum should give you a good education.

A few places to list your domains for sale include GoDaddy, Afternic, and Sedo. There are also for sale sections on this forum. If your domains are truly high quality (for example 2 or 3 letter .com, one word .com) you might want to reach out to some domain brokers).

•••
Reading this forum should give you a good education.

A few places to list your domains for sale include GoDaddy, Afternic, and Sedo. There are also for sale sections on this forum. If your domains are truly high quality (for example 2 or 3 letter .com, one word .com) you might want to reach out to some domain brokers).
Great! Thanks for your input! If you ever get out to Maui, Let me know and I will hook you Up! Mahalo

•••
Welcome to namePros @MauiMike ...

What type of domains do you have? And are you looking for a high retail return, or for a modest wholesale return?

The answers to that might help somebody better suggest where to list your names.

As most here will tell you, two of the most important things you can do when selling your domains is (1) Have a landing page with a BIN/MakeOffer AND (2) List your domains on AfterNic/Sedo networks with a BIN, so anybody searching for your domain on GoDaddy or on another registrar will be notified that your domain is for sale at $X BIN price.

There are other places you can take your names, be it attempting to spearfish an enduser via outbound marketing, specialized marketplaces (namePros = mainly wholesale... BrandBucket/SquadHelp = mostly retail, though they have their own network of domain sellers who buy wholesale), but for the most part landing pages and afternic is going to be your biggest sales net.

Feel free to send me a DM if you ever have any domain questions.

Last edited:
•••
cartoon-military-general-salute.jpg

•••
Congrats on starting to do the listings.
Afternic Fast transfer is especially handy for not having to to approve sales. Their agents will even negotiate with the potential buyers, to help get them to at least the minimum sale price you have approved (which the buyers don't see). And, since the AN agents work on commission, they have a vested interest in helping to get your Buy Now price.
Sedo is nice for the flexibility of being able to add descriptions. Note though that those descriptions are not seen unless the potential buyer signs in as a Sedo customer. The 10% commission if you use their landers is a real plus, and their payouts appear to be reasonably prompt.

You do hopefully realize that there is one very important aspect to your pursuit. Don't let the domain selling interfere with time enjoying sunny, beautiful Maui!

Good luck with the sales!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hello and welcome to NP! Just try exploring the threads here, you'll definitely learn a lot! :)

•••
•••
Back