IT.COM

domain Newbie advice - busyasset.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ifechukwude

Established Member
Impact
I bought these domains from namesilo with little knowledge about domain names generally. I have listed them for sale, sent a few sales letters and waiting for reply. I have checked some sites for appraisals and I would like to learn more about the domains from this forum. Thank you
americanfundinglending.com
busyasset.com
healthyprogeny.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like Healthy Progeny - Could be a loe xxx name.
Park BusyAsset.com for low xxxx on Sedo. if it sells, well and good.

Those are good registrations for a newbie. Read a bit more, research a bit better and I think you are going to do well.

•••
americanfundinglending.com
- Funding and Lending is redundant. Name is way too long. Uncheck renew.

busyasset.com
- Does this mean that your asset is busy making you money? The fact that I have to ask to clarify is an issue because it will be for most end users considering it. Low to mid $$$ for end user, Low $$ to hand reg value to investor.

healthyprogeny.com
- Search volume may not be as strong as you think because a lot of that is coming from a book entitled that. Be very careful of movies or books bolstering search traffic for a given name. It's likely the book or the movie people are searching for, there probably isnt much interested beyond that. Its not a commonly used phrase so people are not thinking that when they think of children or infants. May have some strong interest in the fertility market. I had to look it up to know for sure what it really meant. Most others would as well. That's the biggest reason why I would say that its not really that strong. Same kind of issue with 1 word dictionary words that are obscure. But, still a good name. High $$$ to mid $$$$ end user. Hand reg to Low $$$ value to investor.

I would LIST it on Sedo, not PARK it. I would park it on something I controlled so I don't have to pay Sedo 15% to 20% for bascially doing nothing if someone direct searched it and bought. You would get traffic from Sedo either way. Personally I have had much better luck with Afternic listings. I use Efty for my own names to sell directly. Why pay a commission when you don't have to?

•••
Thank you for your reply. I will put your analysis into consideration in my next purchase.
Again when I was searching for end users I saw a company having a similar website (Americanfundinglending.com). I hope I won't get into any trouble that is trade mark related?

•••
I didn't
I would LIST it on Sedo, not PARK it. I would park it on something I controlled so I don't have to pay Sedo 15% to 20% for bascially doing nothing if someone direct searched it and bought. You would get traffic from Sedo either way. Personally I have had much better luck with Afternic listings. I use Efty for my own names to sell directly. Why pay a commission when you don't have to?
I listed on afternic for sale. I didn't use sedo due to the commission they charge. All the domains are listed for sale and I am making use of undeveloped for sale page. Thanks again.

•••
Thank you for your reply. I will put your analysis into consideration in my next purchase.
Again when I was searching for end users I saw a company having a similar website (Americanfundinglending.com). I hope I won't get into any trouble that is trade mark related?

Uncheck renew and forget about this one.

No issue with trademark if its going to be dropped anyway.

•••
•••
Please I don't understand what you mean by this statement

You didn't buy those domain names, you rented them.

We all "rent" domain names... not "own" them.

Your "rent" is due once per year. If you don't pay your rent, it will expire and go back into circulation, whether you want to keep it or not.

You don't want to keep that name after the year of registration expires right?

So if you just uncheck the renew box at your domain name registrar, it will not renew at the anniversary of the registration date.

So... uncheck renew and forget.

Don't pay rent on bad names!

•••
Ok I get you now. Thanks a bunch.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back