Dynadot

New Uniregisty Landers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Have you tried Uniregistry landers?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    37.1%
  • No

votes
    62.9%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Windoms

Top Member
Impact
There are new Uniregistry landers, what do you think?

They're called ''Single Offer Field''.

Here's the UNI commission structure.

0% commission if you negotiate yourself. Anytime there's a lead you get buyer name, email, phone number, location.
10% commission on BIN landers. Any lander using BIN buttons.
15% if you assign lead to broker. You get to see all the communication between buyer and broker, you can send hidden messages to broker. System assigns lead to first broker available (there's many). In my experience they start engaging buyers within minutes.

You don't need to have domains registered at Uniregistry to use them. Simply create an account and add domains.

I recommend you use the Uni platform to sort your domains.

https://uniregistry.com/market

Single Offer Field.JPG

Single Offer Field - Make offer. You can negotiate yourself for 0% commission or assign to broker for 15% commission.
Single Offer Field - Make Offer.JPG

Single Offer Field - BIN. 10% commission.
Single Offer Field - BIN.JPG

Single offer Field - BIN + make offer.
Single Offer Field - BIN + Make Offer.JPG

Here's the other landers available (not new).

Minimal Vertical layout - BIN - 10% commission.
Minimal Vertical Layout BIN.JPG

Minimal Vertical layout - make offer (no offer box) -
Inquiry form where buyer gets price quote. Buyer can't make any offer, he simply inquires.
You can negotiate yourself for 0% commission or assign to broker for 15% commission.
Minimal Vertical Layout Make Offer.JPG

Minimal Vertical layout - make offer (with offer box). Buyer can place an offer.
Minimal Vertical Layout - Make Offer with Offer box.JPG

Minimal Vertical layout - BIN + make offer (can be done with or without offer box)
Minimal Vertical Layout BIN+Make Offer.JPG

Minimal Horizontal Layout
Minimal Horizontal Layout.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm the technical lead on the Uniregistry Market. To respond to some of the comments here:

This new lander is available to all accounts. We're planning an announcement tomorrow on your blog. There are a few other changes here and there, so check it out!

To hopefully clear up some misinformation about whether leads go to the brokerage or to you, the logic in the software is like this:
1) if you specify the lead to be brokered, it goes to the brokerage
2) if not, it depends on a few factors.
2a) lead comes from type-in traffic via the intake form it will go to you unless
2b) it comes in via our syndication network
2c) it comes from a buyer who is currently working with a broker on his/her inquiries or
2d) it is generated by our registrar (kind of a default syndication partner)
2e) it comes in via our name buy service​
The reasoning for points 2b-e are that we do try to distribute your names to get you more exposure for your names and bring you some sales that might not have otherwise happened.

I would also like to thank everyone participating in this thread for their feedback. Should you want to reach out directly to me, it would be most welcomed.

•••
I'm the technical lead on the Uniregistry Market. To respond to some of the comments here:

This new lander is available to all accounts. We're planning an announcement tomorrow on your blog. There are a few other changes here and there, so check it out!

To hopefully clear up some misinformation about whether leads go to the brokerage or to you, the logic in the software is like this:
1) if you specify the lead to be brokered, it goes to the brokerage
2) if not, it depends on a few factors.
2a) lead comes from type-in traffic via the intake form it will go to you unless
2b) it comes in via our syndication network
2c) it comes from a buyer who is currently working with a broker on his/her inquiries or
2d) it is generated by our registrar (kind of a default syndication partner)
2e) it comes in via our name buy service​
The reasoning for points 2b-e are that we do try to distribute your names to get you more exposure for your names and bring you some sales that might not have otherwise happened.

I would also like to thank everyone participating in this thread for their feedback. Should you want to reach out directly to me, it would be most welcomed.

ha! I knew my memory was't failing me!

why not just do like everyone else and make #2 like so:

2. if selfbroker option selected, then 100% of leads go to buyer.

this is basically wrong, and you do not even bother to clarify this anywhere like you just did. and people select self broker, thinking they are in full control. please change your ways. i mean what do you expect people to think when you pull tricks like these without even bothering to clarify anywhere on the site. ty.

Last edited:
•••

this is basically wrong, and you do not even bother to clarify this anywhere like you just did. and people select self broker, thinking they are in full control. please change your ways. i mean what do you expect people to think when you pull tricks like these without even bothering to clarify anywhere on the site. ty.

You're right, as I was writing that I realised that it's not anywhere on our site. It definitely should be. For the most part the number of leads that come in via the syndication network are relatively so low that it shouldn't practically matter for most names. Participation in this syndication network is also opt-in. The only tricky one is where a buyer is working with a broker and they place an inquiry on one of your names. We do want to offer the buyer a consistent experience at Uniregistry, while providing sellers who want autonomy to be able to do that. It's an interesting balance to try to achieve and we're definitely committed to improving it.

Last edited:
•••
You're right, as I was writing that I realised that it's not anywhere on our site. It definitely should be. For the most part the number of leads that come in via the syndication network are relatively so low that it shouldn't practically matter for most names. The only tricky one is where a buyer is working with a broker and they place an inquiry on one of your names. We do want to offer the buyer a consistent experience at Uniregistry, while providing sellers who want autonomy to be able to do that. It's an interesting balance to try to achieve and we're definitely committed to improving it.

ok ty for trying to be more clear. its kinda crucial.

that being said... how would you best explain the fact that I had all my names listed with you on marketplace (no sale lander redirects) for 5 years and had just few offers and zero sales.. and during that time on godaddy auctions, for same names, with no lander also, i had many offers and many sales.... is there an explanation that makes sense? ty.

•••
ok ty for trying to be more clear. its kinda crucial.

that being said... how would you best explain the fact that I had all my names listed with you on marketplace (no sale lander redirects) for 5 years and had just few offers and zero sales.. and during that time on godaddy auctions, for same names, with no lander also, i had many offers and many sales.... is there an explanation that makes sense? ty.

I've found that each portfolio performs differently. Some do well on the Uni Market whereas others get nothing. It's frustrating because we are trying to make the best product for you to sell your names. I'd recommend getting in touch and we can analyse your portfolio to see whether it works best here or at a different aftermarket.

•••
I've found that each portfolio performs differently. Some do well on the Uni Market whereas others get nothing. It's frustrating because we are trying to make the best product for you to sell your names. I'd recommend getting in touch and we can analyse your portfolio to see whether it works best here or at a different aftermarket.

ty but not sure if you understood. i said i alreadyt know it works better on another marketplace. the analysis is done. over 5 years of concrete results. or lack of them with you. so I am not looking to analyze. im trying to understand why it is so. nor am I upset of course. i really just want to know what is wrong wit your market.. cause clearly it isn't my names, if they sell elsewhere. furthermore i am very far from being alone to experience this

Last edited:
•••

He said everything.
If you select brokerage, it goes to brokerage.
If you select self-broker and it comes through type-in (lander), it goes to you.
Everything is normal.

2/b generated by syndication network, goes to broker, wtv
2/c generated by broker who suggested the name, goes to broker, wtv
2/d generated by uniregistry registrar, goes to broker, wtv
2/e name buy service, goes to broker, wtv

They have great landers, nice commission structure, brokers available if you need them.
Why would you care about random marketplace sales lol just list your domains on sedo afternic if you want those.

There's no random marketplace sale on DAN epik, they are just built like that, who cares.

•••
ty but not sure if you understood. i said i alreadyt know it works better on another marketplace. the analysis is done. over 5 years of concrete results. or lack of them with you. so I am not looking to analyze. im trying to understand why it is so. nor am I upset of course. i really just want to know what is wrong wit your market.. cause clearly it isn't my names, if they sell elsewhere. furthermore i am very far from being alone to experience this

I'm happy to work with you to figure why the Uni Market didn't work for you.

•••
He said everything.
If you select brokerage, it goes to brokerage.
If you select self-broker and it comes through type-in (lander), it goes to you.
Everything is normal.

2/b generated by syndication network, goes to broker, wtv
2/c generated by broker who suggested the name, goes to broker, wtv
2/d generated by uniregistry registrar, goes to broker, wtv
2/e name buy service, goes to broker, wtv ;

They have great landers, nice commission structure, brokers available if you need them.
Why would you care about random marketplace sales lol just list your domains on sedo afternic if you want those.

There's no random marketplace sale on DAN epik, they are just built like that, who cares.

don't take it the wrong way.. but you strike me as someone who will never see anything wrong with unirgistry. we won;'t ask why ;)

•••

ok thanks for your help. but if it hasn't worked for 5 years.. I am afraid the problem is that there is no solution. becaue for me, and many others, the problem is not us, but uniregistry. which is why so many gave up even listing on your market. it is for many a literal waste of time.

Last edited:
•••

Glad to see someone from uni posting here. Although I've used uni to register, I have no names on their market. My basic question is: Do brokers working for/at uni routinely look at the names listed and initiate outbound sales attempts or is all by click/type in traffic?

•••
Glad to see someone from uni posting here. Although I've used uni to register, I have no names on their market. My basic question is: Do brokers working for/at uni routinely look at the names listed and initiate outbound sales attempts or is all by click/type in traffic?
It's a question better answered by the sales management, but I would say that most activity happens following an inbound inquiry.

•••
don't take it the wrong way.. but you strike me as someone who will never see anything wrong with unirgistry. we won;'t ask why ;)
Im no uniregistry rep.
Look at my profile, lots of pro-godaddy threads.
Im no godaddy rep.
Im just rational.
This is exactly what I've been wondering about. What advantage does your registrar have over GoDaddy?
All I remember from other threads is Godaddy woof woof, domainer hate Godaddy woof woof. namesilo 1$ woof woof. free whois woof woof. lol.
lol.

DAN is useless if you don't point your domains there.
Same with epik.
Dynadot Namecheap etc.....
Basically everyone besides afternic sedo.

Even with that in mind I don't list anything at sedo, I choose to miss that chance, no one should complain about that oddly odd.

You came in this thread shooting guns (lol) saying you had 1000 domains with them with 0 random marketplace sale for 5 years.. I like to share the good stuff (in this case a good lander with a marvelous platform), so I defend them before you make people run away from the best platform around, because of your personal experience.

•••
I have no idea what they used to be. All I can say is when it comes to landers + features, they are now great, which is why I am sharing.

Here's what it looks like when you receive a price inquiry / offer.

Show attachment 143647

You get inquirer name phone email location (great)
# of inquiries made by inquirer (great)
Total purchases made by inquirer (great)

"google search" searches for that domain on google.
Estibot appraisal gives you see appraisal.
Price history shows all the prices you've previously set for that domain.
Other inquiries shows you other inquiries you've had for that domain.

When you click that green button assign to broker. you quote your price and they'll take it from there, you see all of conversation. You can contact broker anytime, it's all from one dashboard (same page as picture above, you just scroll down).

Dont like them and won't use them simple....

•••
@Quintin so basically you made that lander right?
People on namepros like to suggest everything in the world, so be careful before you implement things, since you are the only Uni guy here.
The new landers are perfect. Simple, smooth, all the right info.

The only thing I'd change is the
"This domain is listed on the Uniregistry Market by a private seller."
to the old
"This domain is listed on the Uniregistry Market, a premier domain name marketplace".

:xf.wink:

•••
Im no uniregistry rep.
Im no godaddy rep.
Im just rational.

lol.

Same with epik.

Even with that in mind I don't list anything at sedo, I choose to miss that chance, no one should complain about that oddly odd.

You came in this thread shooting guns (lol) saying you had 1000 domains with them with 0 random marketplace sale for 5 years.. I like to share the good stuff (in this case a good lander with a marvelous platform), so I defend them before you make people run away from the best platform around, because of your personal experience.

well its just that u haven't said a single bad thing about unireg yet.. and even when the rep admits clarity is lacking.. you still insist all is perfect. but okay, if you wanna think your rational for doing so... then so be it ;)

see here you go again.. naming all markets in the world as "useless" unless u point sale landers there... but not mentioning that is precisely the case for unireg as well (which it is)

please read me and others more carefully in future...this is not about my personal experience only. others mentioned no sales or activity also...u can also read back a few years on namepros and you wil see tons of posts that talk about shortcomings of unireg... in short, very few people think as you do about unireg on namepros... u just haven't read the posts far enough into the past...

or just tell us how much u get paid for this and we'll call it a tie ;)

Last edited:
•••
@Quintin so basically you made that lander right?
People on namepros like to suggest everything in the world, so be careful before you implement things, since you are the only Uni guy here.
The new landers are perfect. Simple, smooth, all the right info.

The only thing I'd change is the
"This domain is listed on the Uniregistry Market by a private seller."
to the old
"This domain is listed on the Uniregistry Market, a premier domain name marketplace".

:xf.wink:
Thank you for your feedback. A lot of times we try things to get some feedback and solve some other problems. So after a while we'll review everything and hopefully improve.

•••
u just haven't read the posts far enough into the past...
I found it. Bad sh*t.
Because they have no rep here.
Spiral of negativity poured on them from everywhere.
Fact is they have the best platform, lightyears ahead.
Good commission structure. Brokers available.
They have substance. Pure quality.
Pros use them.
Many premium domains land there.
Brainstorm and shoot.

Rational me likes them.
You on the other hand looks like you had a battle with their customer service 23 years ago but didn't recover so you came under disguise, shooting guns.
Let's call it a draw.

•••
I found it. Bad sh*t.
Because they have no rep here.
Spiral of negativity poured on them from everywhere.
Fact is they have the best platform, lightyears ahead.
Good commission structure. Brokers available.
They have substance. Pure quality.
Pros use them.
Many premium domains land there.
Brainstorm and shoot.

Rational me likes them.
You on the other hand looks like you had a battle with their customer service 23 years ago but didn't recover so you came under disguise, shooting guns.
Let's call it a draw.

as I Said its not about me.. its about countless poeple having coutnless battles with unireg... the kind that should have never been to begin with... which is why unireg is what it is today to many if not most np members... but you will of course blame al the problems on me, and other members, and never on unireg, am I right or am I Right... cause thats what they pay you for huh? ;)

ayway... it was a joke.. relax.. didn;t see the smiley face?
all this rationality of yours is making you lose your sense of humor ;)

in future, if I may suggest, plz do not think majority of namepros members is favorable to uniregistry.. it is simply not so... take a survey if u do not believe me :)
posts like yours simply have a very limited audience.. becaust most people here, when they hear the word uniregistry... the response is automatically not a positive one. too many battles, as you rightly put it.

anyway, nice chatting, and all the best. ;)

•••
What's your opinion on the new Uni landers @AbdulBasit.com ?
In your years of using Uni, have you ever heard of your or someone else's leads disappear?

Show attachment 143744

I don't see much difference between this new and old BIN landers. I rarely used their BIN landers and that too for leads which were total time wasters and actually looking for something else so in order to stop the unnecessary stuff.

There was no other reason for using their BIN as I never found it attractive because they charged 10% for every successful sale happening via their BIN lander. It's better to use Afternic lander and pay 20% than paying 10% for Uni to be doing very little work.

I'm not saying this now because I've left using Uni landers but I've never been in favor of using Uni BIN landers.

Didn't understand your second question... Can you ask in other way?

•••
I don't see much difference between this new and old BIN landers. I rarely used their BIN landers and that too for leads which were total time wasters and actually looking for something else so in order to stop the unnecessary stuff.

There was no other reason for using their BIN as I never found it attractive because they charged 10% for every successful sale happening via their BIN lander. It's better to use Afternic lander and pay 20% than paying 10% for Uni to be doing very little work.

I'm not saying this now because I've left using Uni landers but I've never been in favor of using Uni BIN landers.

Didn't understand your second question... Can you ask in other way?
Thanks bro for this precise review. The OP @Windoms was hoping for you to have a different and positive review since you were the only one he tagged in this thread. I even asked him in private if he had sales with UNI and how they are doing, and if they accept Payoneer, which , he completely ignored:)

@alcy said that he had zero sales in 5 years there when not using their landers, yet @Windoms said the same thing about other marketplaces but doesnt want people to say it about UNI. I have names pointed there at UNI, and what was said about the lead was always happening like this.
Im no uniregistry rep.
Im no godaddy rep.
Im just rational.

lol.

Same with epik.

•••
I use Uni in 2020 in Brokered by Uni mode...
I prefer their traditional Minimal Vertical Layout... but few domains I have set on this new Single Offer template...
~2/3 are BIN domains...

Their landers definitely look better than Sedo/Dan...
But the most important - their TLD ranking system is significantly better than idiotic search algorithms at Sedo/Dan.

•••
I use Uni in 2020 in Brokered by Uni mode...
I prefer their traditional Minimal Vertical Layout... but few domains I have set on this new Single Offer template...
~2/3 are BIN domains...

Their landers definitely look better than Sedo/Dan...
But the most important - their TLD ranking system is significantly better than idiotic search algorithms at Sedo/Dan.
I set some names to their landers two days ago and gave bin prices and set up to broker. Lets see how it goes.

•••
And I recommend you to disable "Email verification"... Activate it only if really needed.
Because they use SendGrid SMTP - so due to some existent blacklists Uni emails can be filtered or even blocked by various email providers like Hotmail/Outlook etc. - and potential buyers will never confirm it.

Last edited:
•••
And I recommend you to disable "Email verification"... Activate it only if really needed.
Because they use SendGrid SMTP - so due to some existent blacklists Uni emails can be filtered or even blocked by various email providers like Hotmail/Outlook etc. - and potential buyers will never confirm it.
Yeah thanks. I never use that option even for my own website.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back