Dynadot

New Site For The Weird and Odd

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
As the title says this is my little creation. Please would love som critique in it and let me know what could be added, taken away, or whatever you think could help it more.

Its 30 days old and has around 140 a day in visitors and is slowly growing but still want to get some new eyes on it. Let me know and apreciate it.

Click Here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The site is very busy, maybe put less on the front page. 140 visits a day is a good start, where are you getting your traffic from?

•••
different sources as well as it helps to be on page two of bing.com etc. for certain keywords

•••
Hi.

Nice theme you got there.
The logo doesn't suit the site, Try having a Grungy type of logo. Not something that is ' Rounded / Cursive / Cute '.

I liked the Photostreams/ Photosets / Most Interesting options for The Gallery Of Oddities.

That's it. The site is nice. :)

Goodluck ^^,

•••
nice design. makes a good first impression.

couple of suggestions:

slow down the flash scroll. there isn't enough time to read it. after watching the same pictures go by over and over again, i still have only the vaguest idea what any of them is about.

(add: ok, i just realized that the photos beneath the flash scroll is a menu and we can stop the scrolling by clicking on a small photo. you could make that more clear by having the corresponding small photo light up to emphasize that it's related to the picture scrolling by. i recently had the same problem. it frustrated me when people said they didn't understand the menu, but it taught me that you really have to tie the two elements together visually if you want people to grasp the connection.)

i agree that the logo doesn't fit the site. i don't know that you necessarily have to go grunge - just consider having a professional design the logo. (if you tell me that this was done by a professional, i'd say get a better one. the main reason it clashes with the site is that it looks amatuerish while the overall web design looks professional and polished.)

this may just be my own warped preference, but the top right side of the page feels wasted to me. i know people will tell you that ads should be prominently displayed for maximum click through, but i think you should consider pushing the ad and especially the 'subscribe,' 'tag' stuff down below the 'twit-oddities,' 'the odd digs' and the rest of it. i suggest this because right now the flash gallery is the only 'content' visible when the page loads. since it's content isn't immediately graspable, the viewers first impression might be that there isn't much to the site. you make them work for everything. you present a lot of links and stuff to click on, but unless the user clicks or scrolls there isn't really anything immediately visible to digest.

i think you should go into the html and put in 'description' and 'keywords' meta tags.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back