Dynadot

New Registration and Transfer .COM Domain Just $0.96/yr, No limits?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

luantt

Top Member
Impact
Have you ever registered domains at STRATO - https://www.strato.com/?
The company is offering just $0.96 for the first year of .COM domain registration and transfer.
Renew at $8.4 only.
Can anyone give some reviews about this provider? Domain management, Transfer policy or payment? anything. Thanks!
COM-domain-0.96-usd.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here is their response to my support ticket enquiring regarding changing the nameservers:

"Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

thank you very much for your enquiry to which I am glad to respond.

Unfortunately, STRATO do not offer the option to change the NS on the root domain, only on sub-domains.
I would therefore recommend that you do the following.
To create a sub-domain name, please login to your customer service area using your customer number and password.
Once you have successfully logged inside, please click onto the button with the "..." inside it and then select "Manage domains".

To the right of the domain name you would like to create the sub-domain for, please click onto "Manage" and then "Create sub-domain".
Here in the empty field, please enter www and save your settings by clicking onto "Create sub-domain".

Now you will need to setup the NS Records for your sub-domain, please click on "Manage" located to the right of the sub-domain, "DNS Management" and then "Manage" located to the right of "NS Record".
You will now be able to enter your desired NS record, and select "Accept settings" to save.

PLEASE NOTE: All DNS changes can take a full 24 hours before they are activated.

Last but not least, you will need to forward your root domain name to the sub-domain name.
Please select "Manage" located to the right of your root domain name. Inside this area, the first option will be "setup forwarding".

Now, you will be able to select the external forwarding. Please enter inside your sub-domain name. To save your settings, simply click onto "Enable forwarding" which is then active with immediate effect.
Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact me any time!
If you have 2 mins time for me, I would really appreciate it if you could complete my customer service questionnaire located underneath. :)
Many thanks in advance and have a great day!!"

Thanks for this, booked a name today, these instructions work, but a word of warning it's very moody as to what are and are not valid nameservers.

Parking crew, domain name sales, Uniregistry etc I can't set nameservers. Sedo works fine, but bodis servers are apparently invalid.

I've gone ahead and requested to cancel my order and delete my account, Jokeshop of a registrar.

•••
•••
This June the promotion - $0.96 .COM domain is still working but limit only 1 domain per customer.

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I have no idea buddy, so sorry to say that because from my IP, STRATO auto dectected my location. You're not in US?

•••
Yes, buddy. I from Indonesia.

•••
Well i like the service . atleast they dont steal like other registrar example ***** . don't want to expose. but they have stolen my hand reg domains that are worth xxx to xxxx and i tried to contact them . they said you have given incorrect data. ok my number was changed and was my small mistake that forgot to change the number . But stealing domain in one day . and you know what i get a outbound sales offer to buy the domain that was register by me . so be care full . But i feel strato will not do that .

Guys if they charge .99 per month and i will happily let them hold for one year until i will send outbound inquires make data .

I want to reg a domain when i get a name idea . if i don't have money i can't reg it . if i try to reg and keep my checkout for long then it will become Premium domain .

So be care full try with 5 first then see for a month .

•••
Looks like promo is finished.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back