Dynadot

New Registration and Transfer .COM Domain Just $0.96/yr, No limits?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

luantt

Top Member
Impact
Have you ever registered domains at STRATO - https://www.strato.com/?
The company is offering just $0.96 for the first year of .COM domain registration and transfer.
Renew at $8.4 only.
Can anyone give some reviews about this provider? Domain management, Transfer policy or payment? anything. Thanks!
COM-domain-0.96-usd.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@APP VN
how many domains can we register?
and transfer work fine, i mean with in registrar and out of registrar?

•••
@APP VN
how many domains can we register?
and transfer work fine, i mean with in registrar and out of registrar?

I just reg 2 domain and 1 transfer.

I don't know the limit.

And i need to see what happen next in next few days to go, because I want transfer a lot of domains to here.

•••
I just reg 2 domain and 1 transfer.

I don't know the limit.

And i need to see what happen next in next few days to go, because I want transfer a lot of domains to here.

I think you can have a problem when you transfer out your domains.

•••
Stay away from them. They can lock your domain or send you invoice every month:) also you cant change dns without buying hosting.

•••
Hello!

Here is an excert of my email to Strato, about the transfer and push fees, with their answers:

"1 - If I register one domain using this promo, will I be able to sell the domain and transfer it ou to another registrar with no further costs, during the first year of registration?
If the domain is a new domain there is a transfer lock on the domain from the registrar for the first 60 days , after the first 60 days you can move the domain to another provider if your wish.

2 - Are there any fees to be paid if I push the domain name to another Strato.com user account?

At this present time this is not possible , but will be available in the near future , normally a small charge is raised to move a domain from onre account to another account .

3 - In general, are there any fees to transfer out a domain to another registrar, even if it's on the second year of registration or if no promotion was used?
There are no charges from this side if you wish to move a domain to a different provider , please note if the domain renews for a second year the domain registration fee will be to the normal domain price."

•••
No,

Only Credit Card option in check-out process.

Have just registered a domain with Strato but the problem is I don't think it is possible to change DNS and even to push or transfer might not possible.
I have tried so much to find how to do all those listed above but to no avail.
If there is any body who know how to change the DNS should please advice.

•••
Have just registered a domain with Strato but the problem is I don't think it is possible to change DNS and even to push or transfer might not possible.
I have tried so much to find how to do all those listed above but to no avail.
If there is any body who know how to change the DNS should please advice.

Yes, In the current, you have to add IP manual to A record, MX record ... in DNS settings of your domain.

•••
According to their website:

1 First 12 month(s) for only $ 0.08/month, thereafter $ 0.70/month. Minimum contract duration: 12 month(s), then yearly extension. No setup fee. Prices are listed in USD and do not include sales tax. Offer is limited to 3 domains per customer.

Last edited:
•••
still couldnt decide if its safe to give my credit card info to em. not an icann accredited registrar.

•••
Have not even seen where to get auth code for transfer for the domain name registered with strato

•••
do they accept paypal payment?

•••
Only card is accepted but I do not think there is problem buying with card, there is verification in which you must authorize the purchase via your bank before making payment.

But the problem is that the registrar is not ideal to me I can not register any other domain than the one I have registered from them. All I am planning now is to see how I can transfer which the option is not even available. Pushing requires paying to other account, transfer is not visible to me because I can not find a place to get the authcode.

Last edited:
•••
keep away from this company. That's serious. I already had experience with them. You register or transfer your domain, but then you can't set your own nameservers. Domains are forced to be used with their dns server. And dns server is restricted to main domain only, adding any subdomain subject to buying an extra pack which is costy.

•••
everyone get this seriously. KEEEP AWAY from this website. I already mentioned why in previous reply.

•••
keep away from this company. That's serious. I already had experience with them. You register or transfer your domain, but then you can't set your own nameservers. Domains are forced to be used with their dns server. And dns server is restricted to main domain only, adding any subdomain subject to buying an extra pack which is costy.
How do I get option to make.a transfer, please advice.

•••
How do I get option to make.a transfer, please advice.
As always, you should wait for 60 days to be finished to transfer out. Then as far as I remember in the panel in strato you will have an option to get transfer auth code. Please note that, they will keep your old whois data which was valid before transfer to strato. You can't change whois info in the strato panel as far as I remember.

•••
As always, you should wait for 60 days to be finished to transfer out. Then as far as I remember in the panel in strato you will have an option to get transfer auth code. Please note that, they will keep your old whois data which was valid before transfer to strato. You can't change whois info in the strato panel as far as I remember.

OK, Thanks

•••
I always pay when the payment is not successful, I would like to ask you what virtual card can pay success?

•••
So is it true that customers cannot change nameservers ?

•••
•••
So is it true that customers cannot change nameservers ?

Here is their response to my support ticket enquiring regarding changing the nameservers:

"Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

thank you very much for your enquiry to which I am glad to respond.

Unfortunately, STRATO do not offer the option to change the NS on the root domain, only on sub-domains.
I would therefore recommend that you do the following.
To create a sub-domain name, please login to your customer service area using your customer number and password.
Once you have successfully logged inside, please click onto the button with the "..." inside it and then select "Manage domains".

To the right of the domain name you would like to create the sub-domain for, please click onto "Manage" and then "Create sub-domain".
Here in the empty field, please enter www and save your settings by clicking onto "Create sub-domain".

Now you will need to setup the NS Records for your sub-domain, please click on "Manage" located to the right of the sub-domain, "DNS Management" and then "Manage" located to the right of "NS Record".
You will now be able to enter your desired NS record, and select "Accept settings" to save.

PLEASE NOTE: All DNS changes can take a full 24 hours before they are activated.

Last but not least, you will need to forward your root domain name to the sub-domain name.
Please select "Manage" located to the right of your root domain name. Inside this area, the first option will be "setup forwarding".

Now, you will be able to select the external forwarding. Please enter inside your sub-domain name. To save your settings, simply click onto "Enable forwarding" which is then active with immediate effect.
Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact me any time!
If you have 2 mins time for me, I would really appreciate it if you could complete my customer service questionnaire located underneath. :)
Many thanks in advance and have a great day!!"

•••
Here is their response to my support ticket enquiring regarding changing the nameservers:

"Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

thank you very much for your enquiry to which I am glad to respond.

Unfortunately, STRATO do not offer the option to change the NS on the root domain, only on sub-domains.
I would therefore recommend that you do the following.
To create a sub-domain name, please login to your customer service area using your customer number and password.
Once you have successfully logged inside, please click onto the button with the "..." inside it and then select "Manage domains".

To the right of the domain name you would like to create the sub-domain for, please click onto "Manage" and then "Create sub-domain".
Here in the empty field, please enter www and save your settings by clicking onto "Create sub-domain".

Now you will need to setup the NS Records for your sub-domain, please click on "Manage" located to the right of the sub-domain, "DNS Management" and then "Manage" located to the right of "NS Record".
You will now be able to enter your desired NS record, and select "Accept settings" to save.

PLEASE NOTE: All DNS changes can take a full 24 hours before they are activated.

Last but not least, you will need to forward your root domain name to the sub-domain name.
Please select "Manage" located to the right of your root domain name. Inside this area, the first option will be "setup forwarding".

Now, you will be able to select the external forwarding. Please enter inside your sub-domain name. To save your settings, simply click onto "Enable forwarding" which is then active with immediate effect.
Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact me any time!
If you have 2 mins time for me, I would really appreciate it if you could complete my customer service questionnaire located underneath. :)
Many thanks in advance and have a great day!!"
Great @DomainBoxio very detail, clear and helpful.

•••
This company is the same as 1&1. If you would not purchase at 1&1, I recommend skipping this company also.

•••
I started the process of registering 2 domains...

major problems...closed browser

Cheers
Corey

PS Directnic has 3.99$ .com sale on atm

•••
My first purchase experience with Strato.com was really good.

I've registered my domain yesterday and paid with credit card very quickly. After two hours I've received the Strato activation and control panel login instructions.

I've added a new A record aiming to my server ip and my domain is already online for $0.96 :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back