IT.COM

New Namesilo Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, we are planning on allowing payouts for Marketplace sales to be made via Bitcoin and also company check shortly. These new options will be in addition to PayPal, NameSilo account funds and wire transfer which are already offered.
Any chance Payoneer or Skrill is added. Already Skrill is accepted by you.

•••
@namesilo It seems we can't list domains which are less than 60 days old in your marketplace. Why is that? For example,on GoDaddy you can list as premium listing as soon as you reg it. Something along those lines would be great.

Thanks for the reply. We actually used to allow brand new domains to be listed, but we encountered a lot of abuse related to charge backs and other things. We will certainly revisit this topic though as we can understand how it is helpful for legitimate Sellers.

•••
•••
•••
Hello Namesilo,

Some more suggestions (no particular order):

MARKETPLACE

If an "auction" listing has a visible reserve, then allowing bids below said reserve should be optional (listing config)

If a "below reserve" bid is received, then it should NOT lock the owner from editing the listing properties. Some time-wasting bidders submit $10 bids, and what? They cannot and will never get the domain, but they effectively lock the listing from any changes the owner may wish to routinely perform

Please introduce pure BIN listings. No offer/counteroffer, no auctions. Right now this can technically be achieved by setting a listing where reserve=bin, but it is illogical. As it implies that the domain price may still be somehow negotiable, even if it is definitely NOT the case

If the listing landing page has just "buy now" button configured to be shown, without "more info" button, then the wording in right column (" If there is no price listed, that means the domain is for sale via either an auction or an offer/counter-offer sale. You can bid/offer to buy this domain using the "More Info" button") is irrelevant and should not be shown. No need to show irrelevant information to a potential buyer...

After the domain is sold instantly, it would make sense to change the dns to yours AND show "welcome no namesilo, please click here to manage your new domain" page. Why? Because, currently, the sellers dns settings are simply copied. If the domain was lets say parked with "buy it now" link to namesilo - then the buyer will see the same "domain for sale" page until they either change DNS or the seller manually removes the domain from parking/hosting company. So the buyers may be somehow misleaded

At this time of this writing, using namesilo dns for domains for sale on marketplace is limited to www+domain and "naked" domain with no 404 traffic. Anything else would not resolve (subdomain) or show some error page. Even though a vistor of an expired link or subdomain is less likely to purchase the aftermarket domain, enabling this ( wildcard subdomains and all 404 traffic) would not harm. The same may be the case for "market sites"

Please add an opportunity to export all listings with properties as excel or csv table. Maybe even more - for all registered domains regardless of their sale status

Please make at least forsale landing pages multilingual with autodetected visitors language (and up to the whole website..). Reason - just check public GoDaddys info for their shareholders, how doing this _positively_ affected their business

SEDO/AFTERNIC

Please add better integration with Sedo MLS and Afternic. I am unfamiliar with Afternic, but in my Sedo account I have for example the following: "Your Registrar Listing ID: (long code). Use this ID when you want to change your domain’s sale status directly from your registrar account. All you need to do is enter your personal Registrar Listing-ID in your registrar account and you can update changes at your registrar control panel. Of course, you can still continue to make changes in your Sedo account as well.". Moreover, on some other registrars it is possible to view/edit Sedo listing status even without said ID

DNS management and domain forwarding

It would make sense to allow wildcard subdomain configuration (*) records in all aspects including forwarding. A common thing indeed...

If a domain which is using namesilo DNS is manually pushed (which in most cases means that it is sold with no website attached), AND is using namesilo DNS, then it would make sense to reset namesilo dns config to "no records" (or to ask what should be done with dns config, and/or push with no dns servers)

(bug). Try to perfrom bulk dns change for a list of domains, where one domain (in the middle) already has the new desired list of dns servers attached. The system will stop on this domain, and the whole task will never be completed. Maybe fixed already, I saw this once but was too lazy to report...

API

Please allow adding of sub-users with limited access (listing commands 1-by-1). Reason: If want to set something namesilo-account-related on my VPS, which is not intended to replace my full namesilo login. Just something small... The VPS is accessble from internet, and, for security reasons, I do not want to have even a remote possibilty for my full-access namesilo "key" to be compromised

Miscellaneous

Please add optional "intermediary bank" filed into bankwire payout configuration. Some non-US banks do requre such a field, especially smaller banks that may not have direct corresponding banking relationships with US-based banks; and, in all cases, it will make $$$ moving faster between banks

Please consider introducing account levels - enduser, domainer, reseller. As a domainer, I do not actually need to resell anything. Enduser who just purchased the aftermarket domain does not need to have market functionality, and may only be lost in all the features available. This will also add some more security (bad sellers, etc)

Are you accepting amex cards for marketplace sales? If so, this increases chargeback possibilities. I heard that amex is the only card issuer that accepts almost all cardholder claims with no questions asked

If not already done, please consider checking visa/mc credit card purchases with "verified by visa" and "mastercard secure code" systems where supported by issuing bank. Something that is not too popular in US I think, but widely used in Europe etc. Reason: if the cardholder confirmed their online purchase with said code (which they receive by sms from their bank, or maybe a separate password) then they are not allowed to chargeback. You'll even be able to remove 1 week $$$ hold
for such sales if enabled

The last but not the least, please do not try to fullfill each and every request you see here, mine included :) Some are not compatible with each other any may not be compatible with your business logic. Which is fine of course

Thanks again for being one the best registrars around!

•••
Hello Namesilo,

Some more suggestions (no particular order):

MARKETPLACE

If an "auction" listing has a visible reserve, then allowing bids below said reserve should be optional (listing config)

If a "below reserve" bid is received, then it should NOT lock the owner from editing the listing properties. Some time-wasting bidders submit $10 bids, and what? They cannot and will never get the domain, but they effectively lock the listing from any changes the owner may wish to routinely perform

Please introduce pure BIN listings. No offer/counteroffer, no auctions. Right now this can technically be achieved by setting a listing where reserve=bin, but it is illogical. As it implies that the domain price may still be somehow negotiable, even if it is definitely NOT the case

If the listing landing page has just "buy now" button configured to be shown, without "more info" button, then the wording in right column (" If there is no price listed, that means the domain is for sale via either an auction or an offer/counter-offer sale. You can bid/offer to buy this domain using the "More Info" button") is irrelevant and should not be shown. No need to show irrelevant information to a potential buyer...

After the domain is sold instantly, it would make sense to change the dns to yours AND show "welcome no namesilo, please click here to manage your new domain" page. Why? Because, currently, the sellers dns settings are simply copied. If the domain was lets say parked with "buy it now" link to namesilo - then the buyer will see the same "domain for sale" page until they either change DNS or the seller manually removes the domain from parking/hosting company. So the buyers may be somehow misleaded

At this time of this writing, using namesilo dns for domains for sale on marketplace is limited to www+domain and "naked" domain with no 404 traffic. Anything else would not resolve (subdomain) or show some error page. Even though a vistor of an expired link or subdomain is less likely to purchase the aftermarket domain, enabling this ( wildcard subdomains and all 404 traffic) would not harm. The same may be the case for "market sites"

Please add an opportunity to export all listings with properties as excel or csv table. Maybe even more - for all registered domains regardless of their sale status

Please make at least forsale landing pages multilingual with autodetected visitors language (and up to the whole website..). Reason - just check public GoDaddys info for their shareholders, how doing this _positively_ affected their business

SEDO/AFTERNIC

Please add better integration with Sedo MLS and Afternic. I am unfamiliar with Afternic, but in my Sedo account I have for example the following: "Your Registrar Listing ID: (long code). Use this ID when you want to change your domain’s sale status directly from your registrar account. All you need to do is enter your personal Registrar Listing-ID in your registrar account and you can update changes at your registrar control panel. Of course, you can still continue to make changes in your Sedo account as well.". Moreover, on some other registrars it is possible to view/edit Sedo listing status even without said ID

DNS management and domain forwarding

It would make sense to allow wildcard subdomain configuration (*) records in all aspects including forwarding. A common thing indeed...

If a domain which is using namesilo DNS is manually pushed (which in most cases means that it is sold with no website attached), AND is using namesilo DNS, then it would make sense to reset namesilo dns config to "no records" (or to ask what should be done with dns config, and/or push with no dns servers)

(bug). Try to perfrom bulk dns change for a list of domains, where one domain (in the middle) already has the new desired list of dns servers attached. The system will stop on this domain, and the whole task will never be completed. Maybe fixed already, I saw this once but was too lazy to report...

API

Please allow adding of sub-users with limited access (listing commands 1-by-1). Reason: If want to set something namesilo-account-related on my VPS, which is not intended to replace my full namesilo login. Just something small... The VPS is accessble from internet, and, for security reasons, I do not want to have even a remote possibilty for my full-access namesilo "key" to be compromised

Miscellaneous

Please add optional "intermediary bank" filed into bankwire payout configuration. Some non-US banks do requre such a field, especially smaller banks that may not have direct corresponding banking relationships with US-based banks; and, in all cases, it will make $$$ moving faster between banks

Please consider introducing account levels - enduser, domainer, reseller. As a domainer, I do not actually need to resell anything. Enduser who just purchased the aftermarket domain does not need to have market functionality, and may only be lost in all the features available. This will also add some more security (bad sellers, etc)

Are you accepting amex cards for marketplace sales? If so, this increases chargeback possibilities. I heard that amex is the only card issuer that accepts almost all cardholder claims with no questions asked

If not already done, please consider checking visa/mc credit card purchases with "verified by visa" and "mastercard secure code" systems where supported by issuing bank. Something that is not too popular in US I think, but widely used in Europe etc. Reason: if the cardholder confirmed their online purchase with said code (which they receive by sms from their bank, or maybe a separate password) then they are not allowed to chargeback. You'll even be able to remove 1 week $$$ hold

The last but not the least, please do not try to fullfill each and every request you see here, mine included :) Some are not compatible with each other any may not be compatible with your business logic. Which is fine of course

Thanks again for being one the best registrars around!

Ok, everything has been done.... just kidding :)

Seriously, we very much appreciate feedback/requests such as yours. Since it appears you have been a user of our system and many of the services we offer, you also likely know we work constantly to improve and we will certainly be reviewing each of your requests.

Thanks again!

•••
Any chance Payoneer or Skrill is added. Already Skrill is accepted by you.

Thanks for the suggestions. We have just started researching how Payoneer integration would work, and we may be able to make Skrill available as well. Will post back here with more details as we get them.

•••
Forgot to post here that we also just added Bitcoin as a payout method for sales. There are no fees and payouts typically happen within a few minutes.

•••
@namesilo - When your landing page template first launched, it only showed the price of the domain. Now "Annual Renewal Price: $8.99" has been added to that template. I assume this might have come about due to the many different renewal prices and premium renewals found in the ngtld program? However, since all .COM domains renew for the same standard pricing on the registry level, this is not necessary info to display on the landing page. Can you perhaps let us have the original landing page design as an option too, by making it optional whether or not to display "annual renewal price" on the landing page for standard-priced legacy extensions like .COM, .ORG, .NET?

•••
@namesilo - When your landing page template first launched, it only showed the price of the domain. Now "Annual Renewal Price: $8.99" has been added to that template. I assume this might have come about due to the many different renewal prices and premium renewals found in the ngtld program? However, since all .COM domains renew for the same standard pricing on the registry level, this is not necessary info to display on the landing page. Can you perhaps let us have the original landing page design as an option too, by making it optional whether or not to display "annual renewal price" on the landing page for standard-priced legacy extensions like .COM, .ORG, .NET?

Sure thing - there is now a "yes/no" option for displaying the annual renewal price or not on the landing pages.

•••
Sure thing - there is now a "yes/no" option for displaying the annual renewal price or not on the landing pages.
Thank you! I’m currently in the process of moving all of my domains over to namesilo, and once that's done, I'll shift them over to NS marketplace landing pages.

Considering how well Afternic's standard landing pages + premium network syndication is performing, I’m confident that the combination of NS’s payment plan enabled landing pages, along with Afternic premium network syndication working in the background, will produce some really good results.

•••
Thank you! I’m currently in the process of moving all of my domains over to namesilo, and once that's done, I'll shift them over to NS marketplace landing pages.

Considering how well Afternic's standard landing pages + premium network syndication is performing, I’m confident that the combination of NS’s payment plan enabled landing pages, along with Afternic premium network syndication working in the background, will produce some really good results.

Thanks - very much appreciated and happy to hear it!

•••
Wanted to post a few updates and more information for the requests made by @tonyk2000

This has been completed

Great feedback - this has been completed.

This will take some more thought. For now, you are correct that setting reserve=bin will accomplish the desired result.

This has been completed.

This will take more research. We understand the feedback and see where it could be confusing, but Marketplace sales use the same system as all other internal domain pushes which are typically desired to maintain DNS settings. We'll consider changing the default behavior for Marketplace pushes as the recipient is likely in a different scenario that for other pushes.

We will look into this, thanks.

We will have this added to the Active Sales page shortly. Please note that download of CSV files for all domains in your account is available via the "CSV" icon on the top-right of the Domain Manager page already.

We will look into this.

We will reach out to Sedo and Afternic to determine how to perform these integrations.

Please see above regarding pushes. As noted, we have actually gotten feedback from others that maintaining DNS settings is the preferred outcome. We may make this user-configurable.

We do have a sub-account system via our web site, just not the API:
https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Sub~Account-Manager

This has been completed.

Thanks, we will give this consideration.

Yes, we do accept AMEX for Marketplace sales. Unfortunately, you are correct that the entire burden is on the merchant with AMEX, but also with virtually all other credit cards and issuing banks. It is always a tightrope of offering convenience versus mitigating risk of charge back. We have a number of things we do behind the scenes to help mitigate these risks, but no system can be 100%.

Yes, we have been in touch with our merchant provider and may introduce this kind of support.

Thanks! We always appreciate feedback and feature requests/bug reports. We are always interested in improving our systems and processes to offer the best services possible.

•••
Thanks Namesilo :)

"Please add optional "intermediary bank" filed into bankwire payout configuration. Some non-US banks do requre such a field, especially smaller banks that may not have direct corresponding banking relationships with US-based banks; and, in all cases, it will make $$$ moving faster between banks"
This has been completed.

I meant both bank name and its SWIFT code of course. Only one text field was added for a bank name. It may be possible to insert both bank name and its SWIFT code in a single line, but still..

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Namesilo :)

"Please add optional "intermediary bank" filed into bankwire payout configuration. Some non-US banks do requre such a field, especially smaller banks that may not have direct corresponding banking relationships with US-based banks; and, in all cases, it will make $$$ moving faster between banks"
This has been completed.

I meant both bank name and its SWIFT code of course. Only one text field was added for a bank name. It may be possible to insert both bank name and its SWIFT code in a single line, but still..

No problem - there is now a separate field for Intermediary SWIFT.

•••
Hi @namesilo I have a query about the actual sales: if I buy a domain this way have I bought it from the seller or from Namesilo? Will my receipt show the seller and their contact details?

A name sold on Sedo is sold by the owner to the buyer with Sedo just facilitating it, and the invoice shows the seller and buyer. If you sell a domain on Godaddy Premium you just get paid by Godaddy, no buyer details are supplied unless they appear in the Whois afterwards.

Last edited:
•••
Hi @namesilo I have a query about the actual sales: if I buy a domain this way have I bought it from the seller or from Namesilo? Will my receipt show the seller and their contact details?

A name sold on Sedo is sold by the owner to the buyer with Sedo just facilitating it, and the invoice shows the seller and buyer.

Hello. We facilitate the sale so our information would show on any financial intermediary you paid with, not the Seller's.

•••
Hello. We facilitate the sale so our information would show on any financial intermediary you paid with, not the Seller's.

But do you generate a receipt or invoice showing buyer and seller? Not that I need one, I just want to know how it works.

•••
But do you generate a receipt or invoice showing buyer and seller? Not that I need one, I just want to know how it works.

Sorry, but we do not generate an invoice with the Seller's information - just our standard email receipt and invoice via the Order History page in your account.

•••
Just recently I finally got around to list about half my portfolio with NameSilo's landing pages. So far so good (main thing I'm missing is better integration of "make offer" with the landing pages, so for now I'm listing purely with BIN). Today I've already sold one name through NameSilo (landing page/type-in), and another NameSilo regged name through Afternic's Premium Network (buyer searched for the name at GoDaddy and bought it through them) - Both names were automatically transferred into the account of the buyers and I didn't have to do a thing.

And kudos to NS for the super low 7.5% commission fee! You really get quite a bit more of the sales proceeds than you do selling through other marketplaces (if you sell a name for $1795 with namesilo, you get $1660. If you sell it through Afternic, you get $1436. And if you sell it through BrandBucket, you get about $1145 after all fee's and commission).

•••
Would it be possible to add a “portfolio” dropdown selection tab @ the "Active Domain Sales" page?:
domain sales.png

Just like the one currently available @ the Domain Manager page:
domain manager.png

•••
Would it be possible to add a “portfolio” dropdown selection tab @ the "Active Domain Sales" page?:

Not problem - this has been added :)

•••
@namesilo
It seems that MarketSites down in the last 2 day (Mar. 18 and 19)?

•••
@namesilo
It seems that MarketSites down in the last 2 day (Mar. 18 and 19)?

We have been the target of a massive DDoS attack for the last 48 hours against a few of our servers that host MarketSites. We are continuing to work to mitigate the attack with our upstream providers and most traffic has been re-routed to other servers. Of course, as we do this, those servers come under attack so we will continue to provision resources to ensure as little disruption as possible. It might take a little longer than normal to load MarketSites in the interim, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

•••
We have been the target of a massive DDoS attack for the last 48 hours against a few of our servers that host MarketSites. We are continuing to work to mitigate the attack with our upstream providers and most traffic has been re-routed to other servers. Of course, as we do this, those servers come under attack so we will continue to provision resources to ensure as little disruption as possible. It might take a little longer than normal to load MarketSites in the interim, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

This issue is now 99% mitigated and you should no longer notice any issues.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back